Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm really surprised how many grown men are so passionate about lemon lime colored shoes.

I'm not surprised at your ignorance. It's just a color. Same as red, green, blue, whatever else Jordan brand puts on a shoe. There are no rules about who can wear what colors. There may be predetermined notions in your head, but the rest of the world doesn't abide by those.

I ended up trying, and failing, to buy the limes on SNKRS. I didn't even want them. I live in an area where all cops are online or 4 hour drive (not happenening). I didn't even want the limes but I got sucked into the hype.

I'm 43. I've been a size 8.5 since AJ5's were the newest drop, yeah back in 1990. I still get excited for some releases. If you are a certain age, the Gatorade campaign is one of the signature moments of your Jordan experience. I rarely buy a non OG colorway, but was excited for these. I wanted the orange because it's the color I associate in my memory with this campaign. Also blue, because it was my favorite flavor.

I can't tell you how many times I get upset over not getting a shoe that I didn't like to begin with. I'd never even tried to cop the lime, except that it was "limited." I'm not naive, some I'd are good investments. I gladly paid double retail for Doernbecher 4's the day they released. I don't buy to resell, but I do sell when I need money or end up with too many to store easily. So that's always gonna be part of this game.

Just remember on occasion to buy a pair that you want to wear and then wear them. If you luck out on SNKRS or similar be glad and wear the shoes you like.

I'm gonna be rocking my orange Gatorade 1's, I wanted that colorway before I knew the "limited" thing. You don't always have to like the "right" colorway, like the one you like

Happy holidays to all
Billy

well damn... the orange sold out on snkrs now too... really thought they move over to swoosh. oh well money saved lol

I laugh a little at the references to "grown men" buying J's like it's just for teens. I noticed another 40 something here today. We are the people it means the most too because we were there. We only buy OG colorways because we do buy with nostalgia as a motive and we remember the colorways from our youth. Many of us couldn't afford them when we were younger, so having another chance is awesome. We didn't see pre-grade 5's so we don't usually buy those.

We didn't have Gatorade 1's (carmines are the Gatorade shoe, if you don't know why, that's kind of my point) but the Gatorade commercial is more memorable than all but the first, second, forth and sixth ring.

We had "channel one" for the last 15 minutes of first period in high school (1991-92). No one watched, we just talked. But it had one commercial break and they'd play the Like Mike commercial and soon at the first note hit, they class would go silent for its two minutes. Guess you just had to be there.

I've been a working professional for 20 years. I wear all black jays with suits about half the time. At first for fun, the low top black 23's were great dress shoes, but I still wear them because people love them as much as I do. If I don't wear them someone will ask everyday "where's your jordan"

You get older but you don't have to act "old"...whatever that means

Yesterday’s wear.. Merry (late) Christmas NT!

EE3CD5DC-C515-4A4E-A890-33E1ED32E91F.jpeg

BBD50E4B-B615-407A-802E-84EACC0AF8C8.jpeg

982DEF23-093C-43D2-B635-28783ECB3ECE.jpeg

With subtle negativity up in here sometimes this thread is 1 of the worst. Don't turn it bad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom