Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It has to be the shoes and not ONLY the weather/humidity. I live in constant 80% humidity and only a few pairs of mine got that glitter **** happening. I just wipe it off with a wet paper towel and truck on, it ain't that bad.

Are the pairs caught up in glitter-gate stored with the original paper .... wondering if it's the result of the finishing used on the paper.

I'm surprised he didn't get the F&F qaui 5s

I'm betting Thibaut has a few F&Fs in his collection and wouldn't be surprised if he has any 1-of-1s from 21Mercer back in the day

Last edited:
Are the pairs caught up in glitter-gate stored with the original paper .... wondering if it's the result of the finishing used on the paper.
I'm betting Thibaut has a few F&Fs in his collection and wouldn't be surprised if he has any 1-of-1s from 21Mercer back in the day
I always take the paper out immediately. only thing in the box for me is the shoes themselves. still got glitter

Looks like pairs are in outlets at a friendly scoop price ... saw it in a 1s Fb group

I always take the paper out immediately. only thing in the box for me is the shoes themselves. still got glitter
It isn’t the paper. All mine are stored in drop front plastic boxes. Sill get glitter

SBB stored in drop front showing some glitter (recently cleaned off some) hard to see in pic but there is slight glitter on these promise

and DS Breds stored in box with paper at bottom, haven't cleaned these in a few months

Last edited:
More glitter talk. I have got it on my sbb, 2013 bt, shadows, black LM, stecyk, black and white and nycs. They are all stored in drop fronts, and it only happens in the black leather parts. I'm convinced it's the dye they use. It does wipe off but always comes back. It's an annoyance and I have chalked it up to maintenance.

I refuse to believe wearing them fixes the problem as two of them are used, but my used pairs of sbb and LM do not have the glitter. Also my 2016 ds breds do not have the glitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
More glitter talk. I have got it on my sbb, 2013 bt, shadows, black LM, stecyk, black and white and nycs. They are all stored in drop fronts, and it only happens in the black leather parts. I'm convinced it's the dye they use. It does wipe off but always comes back. It's an annoyance and I have chalked it up to maintenance.

I refuse to believe wearing them fixes the problem as two of them are used, but my used pairs of sbb and LM do not have the glitter. Also my 2016 ds breds do not have the glitter.
yeah i added wiping them down to my monthly routine

Glitter (in varying degrees)
-Frags
-SBB
-Bred (worn and DS)
-Royal (only DS pair)

no Glitter
-Black Toes
-NYC
-Lance Mountains
-Top 3
-All Star 1
-DS Royals

Last edited:
I just figured those would be a pair he would have included in that picture.

But the thing is why are the older shoes doing it now? It has to do more than the type of dye used.

@suprduprsamsay
 I'm trying the coconut oil glitter fix. It has gotten worse or maybe the shoes have just been sitting a while. Either way I don't want to pull my shoes out every couple of weeks to clean glitter off so let's see if this works for me.  

It has definitely wormed for me. Put heat to it so the oil can really set and absorb into the leather then wipe off the excess.

Back
Top Bottom