Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Well, if they end up being limited when they hit the US, then the resell price will still be a bit higher than retail. After market price depends on quantity.
I think the sails will be a slow sell out depending  on who gets them. Hopefully footsites won't exclude them from coupons. The blacks will set for sure. They are still sitting overseas...even on SNS whom still has them below retail.

The sail would have been an instant sell out with a high resale if they would have released independently. Then OG 1 fans could have just focused on them. But in the case quite a few buyers are split. A lot of folks like the black pairs...they are sweet in hand  

Last edited:

I disagree. Much better than Fomer Simpson and  his biased reviews with his nitwit brother...or whoever the dude is that be next to him. Those kids weren't doing a professional production. They were just giving their honest opinions. They answered every question that I wanted to know about the blacks and the sails. With that being said they are spot on. I received my black pair from SNS yesterday. IMO the leather is better than any other recent retro outside of SBB 1.0. Royals, Breds, Chi 1, and LA 1 can't touch it. SBB 1.0 tumbled leather is much softer and thicker too! The smooth leather is super soft and thick as well. My guess is that Jordan Brand actually tried to replicate SBB 1.0 with this release. They didn't quite nail it. I appreciate their efforts though. The materials used on these are what JB should have used on SBB 2.0. 

Side Note...Didn't SBB 1.0 release in Europe before the stateside release as well?
Idk, I thought Sails are definitely comparable to CM 1s.

Comparison pics of 2017 OG  AJ 1 Sails vs 2015 OG Maroon 6s (for those who don't know, these had an off-white/sail upper):

Idk, I thought Sails are definitely comparable to CM 1s.
How...have you actually felt them yet? The tumbled leather parts gives them a leg up IMO. But the smooth leather on these pairs equal CM 1 though. Same quality. I agree from that perspective.

But don't fall for these resellers saying its SBB 1.0 quality just because it has tumbled portions.. It's still night and day.

Last edited:
How...have you actually felt them yet? The tumbled leather parts gives them a leg up IMO. But the smooth leather on these pairs equal CM 1 though. Same quality. I agree from that perspective.

But don't fall for these resellers saying its SBB 1.0 quality just because it has tumbled portions.. It's still night and day.

Yes, I own both Sails and SBBs. CMs have a leg up because the leather is slightly thicker.

But do the maroons have fantastic leather tho?

Maroons have some of the best leather on recent retro 6s but, even then, the leather on 6s (at least for GRs) is never anything to write home about. 6s are a more complicated sneaker than 1s though, with various different materials (including the liner and lacelocks), etc. so I'm not sure if it's a totally fair comparison.

Yes, I own both Sails and SBBs. CMs have a leg up because the leather is slightly thicker.
Hmmm good point....I still got this pack rated higher though. But bro last night I kept wondering damn JB....why isn't the leather thick? You got the softness and texture down...why is it so thin. As I mentioned in an earlier post this is whats keeping that pack from truly being SBB 1.0 quality. At least JB tried though lmao.

Hmmm good point....I still got this pack rated higher though. But bro last night I kept wondering damn JB....why isn't the leather thick? You got the softness and texture down...why is it so thin. As I mentioned in an earlier post this is whats keeping that pack from truly being SBB 1.0 quality. At least JB tried though lmao.

Yep, SBB 1.0s and CMs (in a close 2nd) set the standard for quality of OG 1 releases. These Sails come in close though.

Honestly, I wish OG 1 releases were more consistent-those 2017 Royals were extremely inconsistent.

Yep, SBB 1.0s and CMs (in a close 2nd) set the standard for quality of OG 1 releases. These Sails come in close though.

Honestly, I wish OG 1 releases were more consistent-those 2017 Royals were extremely inconsistent.
Trust me I know...I unintentionally copped 6 pairs of Royals from various sources. I kept the 2 highest quality pairs and sold the other 4. 1 of those 4 was so bad until I contemplated taking back to the store but sold to a NT member for the low.

Side Note...Didn't SBB 1.0 release in Europe before the stateside release as well?
I don't believe the SBBs had a Euro-first release ... I believe the 6/27/15 release date was a global release date. I remember once JB decided with the CHIs release to hold off on online releases of retros trying to hunt down options abroad for the impending SBB release. 

Didn't wear my 2016 breds for a few weeks, opened the box and there it was. THE GLITTER

Have there been any updates on what causes this, or how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom