Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I guess I haven't done the same research as you have.
I agree that people should say their peace then move on tho.

Like I personally am not a fan unless they are to be had below retail so I don't really bother posting about them.
I respect that fully I just cop what I like keep it moving you feel me and I got mine under retail for both so I was more than satisfied 

8DkaqW9.gif

Are folks actually hating on sails/TBs or are folks just fatigued by a constant palette of blacks/whites ... we have had the essential pack and 2 iterations of perfs (NikeLab last year and mini-perforations from the top of this year) as well as CMs. Curious if folks have heard if the Quai 54s will release through SNKRS?

I dont think anyone is hating on sails, just everybody is not a fan of them which is perceived as hate. I dont like all white shoes or AJ1s with white outsoles. I guarantee you some will see that as hate when its simply my personal taste or preference..

I dont think anyone is hating on sails, just everybody is not a fan of them which is perceived as hate. I dont like all white shoes or AJ1s with white outsoles. I guarantee you some will see that as hate when its simply my personal taste or preference..
This. Mostly... since I like my CM's lol

the hate is not from the color way its from people who live and die by the quality of the sbb and Chicagos that don't wanna hear about a mother shoe competing for the quality trophy I find it funny lol

but to change the subject seems like there were a lot of top 3's worn for the 4th Imo that shoe was almost perfect for the occasion for anyone wanting to show of their American pride or whatnot 

not at all just noticing some of the people consistently complaining about them click their profile and see the other threads they are in so I'm like do people know what being a hypocrite entails its if you gonna be in a forum let ninjas hype up whatever shoe they want little snide remarks here and there aren't necessary 

It's hate. Dudes are saying anything to snub the sails at this point. I think one dude said something to the tune of "the sail isn't sail enough" like to justify why he feels they're not "all that" so to speak. Then commenced to compare them to, you guessed it the SBB. Like really? But didn't fail to mention that he DOES want them just under retail. And how they'll sit if US release blah blah blah. My thing is, if you're not feeling a shoe to the point you don't like to see dudes who do like them "hype" them up in this thread, why you going out to spend ANY money on that shoe? Must be 2 sides. RIP Shawty Lo

I can go on and on about the trash throw away models that dudes have drooled on and hyped up in this thread over the years.

:lol: These dudes really sensitive about these sails :rofl:
I like them but like many others have said they have to be on a deep discount before I buy them. As for the comparison to sbb's I think every 1s released after they were released have been compared to them.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the folks that worry about leather quality from a $160 mass produced AJ1. Compare all you want between this and that, when you're paying that $160 you're gonna be getting materials in the same ballpark as other $160 AJ1s so all that sbb>royal>bred is all moot. I do agree that some shoes just feel better than others, though. But when JB makes a pair with better quality we get hit with the higher retail prices. Look, feel, and texture do not define quality leather. That ish is just cosmetic. Quality leather can come from a multitude of things including what part of the hide, the tanning process, etc. Here's a very basic overview on a little bit more about leather, it's got its flaws but also provides some helpful info https://www.heddels.com/2014/06/overview-guide-leather-grades/ Nike and JB also use plenty of synthetics. Just look at the descriptions on their website. Almost every retro says "Leather, synthetic leather or textile upper depending on color." We don't get what we pay for from Nike, we don't even know what we're getting in terms of material most of the time. Tons of brands sell excellent quality shoes and sneakers for less than Nike retail prices.

tl;dr most sneaker "quality" pales in comparison to shoe and boot makers. If you want a nice quality shoe, get something from viberg or red wing or something like that. You won't find premium quality from Nike without a price tag to match. Nikes definitely look good though
pimp.gif

Sails and Triple Blacks are fine.

I probably won't end up with either cuz I don't like the white outsole on the sails or the black midsole on the blacks.

*shrug* I like that so many people have decided to make them their spirit animals though.

This happens with every shoe in here... just like no one cared for hyping up the wings it's an opinion lol

Some of y'all dudes so weird in this thread with all this sail talk. Why y'all going so hard for an all white(ish) shoe lol

Last edited:
I know this is the AJ1 thread and all but I just won a different kind of Sails.  Air Max 1 Pinnacle Sails for 88 bucks!  Super excited.  Hopefully this quenches my thrist for the highs because I been so tempted to get them but at a lower price.  I cant sacrifice 350-375 bucks at the moment to get both Triple Blacks and Sails.  Definitely will get both down the line.  I think I like the lowtop silhouette better for solid colored shoes though.

sails and triple blacks in hand are a lot better than they are in pictures. you can't say much in pictures about a plain black or white shoe. but in person the sails color is very appealing to me. i hate white shoes and i want another pair of sails just because i love that cream color. pictures don't capture the sail color very well, it just looks white. and the triple blacks are just a black shoe but they're pretty nice and i know i'm gonna be beating them up. these just feel good in hand and on feel as well. the tongue is thick. not CM thick but they're more padded than banned and royals. i would say the tongue is as padded as SBB tongue if not more. i like them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom