Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Gonna go with fake on those SBB

Been hitting up a marshalls in the hood once a week now but nothing

Might just stop because it's pointless unless Kobes or something pop up

With all due respect to my aj1 fam.
All your teams blow. Cowboys and Patriots especially.

Wish I had a rebuttal but remembered im a Bears fan :smh: :x

All those Marshall "finds" are a publicity stunt. Most store employees have a few "in the know". Then they have friends and family hitting them up too. Those frags or even those sbbs never even hit the floor.

SL clearance is the same. You need to be in the "circle".

Side note: Montana > Brady
I watched Montana's entire career and couldn't disagree with you more. You're a fan though so logic goes by the wayside. If Brady would of had a receiver the caliber of Rice, nobody would even bring up Montana when discussing Brady being the [emoji]128016[/emoji]

How do we determine "good quality" lol?

I'm looking at the OGs and it looks like the leather on those are stiff as hell, but it has the OG shape of course.

Brady can't even throw deep. He nothing but a dump pass expert

Man, I don't know. SBB's too? Possible, but feel like we're getting trolled at this point. 

BTW, on a larger note, if anyone was curious about those Frags making it to Marshalls, Found this yesterday. I was definitely wondering how it was possible. 

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2017/01/how-sneakers-end-up-at-marshalls
Great article, thanks for the link. I got talking to a kid at Marshall's over the holiday who said he worked at FootAction for like four years and his old manager just told him the Footsites parent co. (Eastbay, I suppose?) just signed a new contract with TJX to dump a slew of their stock to Marshall's to increase shelf turnover. I'll file it as rumor, BUT I have noticed a ton more Nike (Air Pythons, Sock Darts, SBs, etc, but only like 3-5 pairs each) at my local Marshall's here in Western Mass lately.

Still no Frags, tho... 
nerd.gif

I'm looking at the OGs and it looks like the leather on those are stiff as hell, but it has the OG shape of course.
For leather quality, you can feel by hand when leather is real or not. At least I can. It should be butter soft, but also have some sturdiness behind its build.

Best reference is going into a high end store and feeling a designer shoe in hand and then touching a shoe with synthetic leather upper. The difference is night and day.

Example - many of the regular AJ1 mid retros in recent years had a blend of good tumbled leather and synthetic leather. You can feel the differences between materials on the swoosh and the exterior panels.

Mix of materials + shape + construction/craftsmanship

2009 shadow 1s had all of these but unfortunately didn't have NA (which I guess is the standard variable nowadays). SBB 1s seem to have the consensus vote on best NA pair under these terms (even though they are a retro+ center).

I think the ultimate AJ 1 release would hypothetically have:

-OG cw
-NA branding
-Good materials (leather quality, etc)
-Correct coloring/shades to OG
-Quality craftsmanship/construction
-OG shape (including height)
-NA box and additional laces
-Current $160 retail price

I think some releases have come close but are still off in terms of the shape of the swoosh and the height.

Great article, thanks for the link. I got talking to a kid at Marshall's over the holiday who said he worked at FootAction for like four years and his old manager just told him the Footsites parent co. (Eastbay, I suppose?) just signed a new contract with TJX to dump a slew of their stock to Marshall's to increase shelf turnover. I'll file it as rumor, BUT I have noticed a ton more Nike (Air Pythons, Sock Darts, SBs, etc, but only like 3-5 pairs each) at my local Marshall's here in Western Mass lately.

Still no Frags, tho... 
nerd.gif
Man, even still those are decent enough to get me walking into the shoe section when my wife drags me to Marshalls. Could use a pair of darts on the cheap.
glasses.gif

AJ1 noob, what is regarded as better, the 2013 or 2015 Chicagos? Feel free to blast me for asking
NT is here to help, for the most part, and not blast for searching for info. The Chicago AJ1's are my all time favorite model/colorway of all Jordan's. The materials of the '13 model is very stiff and did not break in with tons of wear. The toebox was extra firm, very narrow and boxier in shape in comparison to the 'Remastered' 2015. Nit picking here but the height of the 13 was lower than the 15. I know the price point between the 2 is night and day so if you're willing to spend more go for it. 

I can wear the 2015 all day with minimal discomfort if not any at all. I wore the 2013 for a few hours and couldn't wait to swap out for something else.

Here's some pics of 2013 & 2015 together...

From what I've read so far is that the fake SBB1 were easily identified. I guess the factories started pumping out closer to legit versions 
mean.gif

For leather quality, you can feel by hand when leather is real or not. At least I can. It should be butter soft, but also have some sturdiness behind its build.

Best reference is going into a high end store and feeling a designer shoe in hand and then touching a shoe with synthetic leather upper. The difference is night and day.

Example - many of the regular AJ1 mid retros in recent years had a blend of good tumbled leather and synthetic leather. You can feel the differences between materials on the swoosh and the exterior panels.
I guessing I'm more into the craftsmanship and CW/design of the shoe more than anything.  I don't own too many leather shoes right lol.
Mix of materials + shape + construction/craftsmanship

2009 shadow 1s had all of these but unfortunately didn't have NA (which I guess is the standard variable nowadays). SBB 1s seem to have the consensus vote on best NA pair under these terms (even though they are a retro+ center).

I think the ultimate AJ 1 release would hypothetically have:

-OG cw
-NA branding
-Good materials (leather quality, etc)
-Correct coloring/shades to OG
-Quality craftsmanship/construction
-OG shape (including height)
-NA box and additional laces
-Current $160 retail price

I think some releases have come close but are still off in terms of the shape of the swoosh and the height.
Wanted a pair of those for years, thought a lot of people hated those because they had little to no resale value compared to like the 01 pairs.  Don't really remember when the 1s hype took off.

How do the Shattered Backboards compare to the Banned 1s with the X on the back?

Might have to drop that bread for Chi's :smh:

Looking to complete the 'Red Trilogy' while also expanding my 1 collection

Back
Top Bottom