Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Letterman 1s deserved to be slept on, it's such a trash colorway and concept. I've been saying this ever since people was hyping it up before the release.

Tag-teaming off of @concerto5
 and following in the tradition of the NBA's year end awards, here are my 2016 Air Jordan Award winners...

Regular Season MVP (Most Valuable Pair) - Air Jordan 1 High OG Banned/Bred 
* Logic: "valuable" as in every collection should have this pair in it NOT the most expensive pair or pair with highest resale value 

Comeback Pair of the Year / Most Improved Pair - Air Jordan 12 OG Flu Game 
* Logic: After the atrocity that was the nubuck Flu Game 12s from 2009, the remastered version of the original made its triumphant return in 2016

Rookie of the Year - Air Jordan XXXI Black Cat
* Logic: New design that's never been released before - when it comes to the overall combination of tech, materials, and design, this newcomer takes the cake. Of all the AJ 31's that have released, this premium version was done the way the AJ31 should've been done - with the wings logo on the lateral.

Sixth Man / Sixth Pair Award - Air Jordan 3 Cyber Monday
* Logic - We all have our go-to pairs in our weekly rotations, but this pair is the best low-key or most underappreciated pair of 2016 because it either sat on shelves or wasn't as hyped as other J's. The AJ1 Yin Yang or AJ1 Metallic Navy could've easily taken this award amidst the numerous pairs of 1s that dropped in 2016 but the CM 3 gets my vote not just because of its simplistic styling and color and quality of leather but also because of its uniqueness compared to other 3s (no elephant print) that differentiates it from its class.

All-Star Pair MVP - Just Don x Air Jordan 2 Beach
* Logic - Whether it's the best collab, best quality and craftmanship, among the highest priced, or the most luxuriously composed piece, the MVP of the All-Star Game is the star among stars. The Just Don AJ 2 is just that, the MVP among all of 2016's all-star pairs. Its simple yet clean Beach colorway derives its greatness from its signature quilted leather composition perfectly mixed in with suede leather panels and the tan leather wings logo that adds to its luxurious flair. 
Don't agree with this list completely but the Allstar and ormvp should definitely be satin 1s

Tag-teaming off of @concerto5
 and following in the tradition of the NBA's year end awards, here are my 2016 Air Jordan Award winners...

Regular Season MVP (Most Valuable Pair) - Air Jordan 1 High OG Banned/Bred  
* Logic: "valuable" as in every collection should have this pair in it NOT the most expensive pair or pair with highest resale value 

Comeback Pair of the Year / Most Improved Pair - Air Jordan 12 OG Flu Game  
* Logic: After the atrocity that was the nubuck Flu Game 12s from 2009, the remastered version of the original made its triumphant return in 2016

Rookie of the Year - Air Jordan XXXI Black Cat
* Logic: New design that's never been released before - when it comes to the overall combination of tech, materials, and design, this newcomer takes the cake. Of all the AJ 31's that have released, this premium version was done the way the AJ31 should've been done - with the wings logo on the lateral.

Sixth Man / Sixth Pair Award - Air Jordan 3 Cyber Monday
* Logic - We all have our go-to pairs in our weekly rotations, but this pair is the best low-key or most underappreciated pair of 2016 because it either sat on shelves or wasn't as hyped as other J's. The AJ1 Yin Yang or AJ1 Metallic Navy could've easily taken this award amidst the numerous pairs of 1s that dropped in 2016 but the CM 3 gets my vote not just because of its simplistic styling and color and quality of leather but also because of its uniqueness compared to other 3s (no elephant print) that differentiates it from its class.

All-Star Pair MVP - Just Don x Air Jordan 2 Beach
* Logic - Whether it's the best collab, best quality and craftmanship, among the highest priced, or the most luxuriously composed piece, the MVP of the All-Star Game is the star among stars. The Just Don AJ 2 is just that, the MVP among all of 2016's all-star pairs. Its simple yet clean Beach colorway derives its greatness from its signature quilted leather composition perfectly mixed in with suede leather panels and the tan leather wings logo that adds to its luxurious flair. 
Don't agree with this list completely but the Allstar and ormvp should definitely be satin 1s
I wouldn't put the satin 1s under the Regular Season MVP category only because they were super limited and not a lot of people would be able to add it to their collection. But definitely a front runner for the All-Star MVP and could easily replace the Don C 2's. Good call, but I just prefer the leather and suede combo on the Just Dons over Satin material when it comes to shoes.

Just don 2s are fire but the fact that they bunched in that stupid hat ruined it for me, those as a standalone are very nice

Because of the colorway and the array of colors on the Top 3s, it's an absolute must that you keep the fit as simple as possible so that the only thing popping is the shoes.

Plain white or black shirt with little to no graphics + jeans/shorts + top 3s with no extra overboard lace jobs. 

Exactly how i plan to do it. This man knows!

How many of ya are going to cop the UKs Day 1. A lot of people don't think they'll sell out day 1, but I don't want to risk it so I'm copping day 1
Ill prob cop day one. I like to have them on release day. Don't like to take chances as prices can go [emoji]9757[/emoji]

bashmilk bashmilk Vegas for sure! to me those have to be one of if not the most underrated 1........ just picked up a third pair sz10 for $70 a few days ago. just wish I had the black laces to go with them.

Picked up a used pair of 2016 Bred 1's from Goat for $235 shipped.  The condition looked good in the pictures but who knows.  Does Goat check that when they act as middle man?  Not sure if $235 is a good price for a used pair.  What do you all think?

Now I just need to find a pair of Black toes!  I think they go for around $225 as well.     

2016 Top Jordan 1 releases in my humble opinion(Not quality wise)

-1.Jordan 1 "Black Toe"

-2.Jordan 1 "Banned"

-3.Jordan 1 "Metallic Navy

-4.Jordan 1 "Reverse Shattered Backboards"

-5.Jordan 1 "Black Yin Yang"

-6.Jordan 1 "White Yin Yang"

-7.Jordan 1 "Top Three"

-8.Jordan 1 "Letterman"

Back
Top Bottom