• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
found this.
http://www.kicksonfire.com/2013/04/12/the-curious-case-of-the-1985-air-jordan-1-blackgold/

so they did come out in 85? i had no clue. i never ever saw them around.  yea i fig they werent game worn lol

While the story on these varies a bit depending on who you ask, this OG black and gold Air Jordan 1 was produced in extremely limited quantities back in 1985 and given to MJ and close friends and family.
Said to be crafted in Europe out of Italian leather

Yes, everyone. There was a Blk/Gld Jordan 1 in 1985. They were extremely rare and are very few and far between. There were two different versions. They are below:

P.S. Congrats on the Shadow pick up, definitely the most underrated Jordan 1 OG of 2013. A lot of people kicking themselves for not grabbing them on RD for $140. Myself, luckily, not included.

Last edited:
The leather pair of the colorway dropped in 85' correct me if I'm wrong.. And yes they were hyped, can't comment about materials since I've never seen them in person. Over all clean shoes for me if there were to be a future gr release I'll cop a pair.. No doubles though.

I don't think either pair was released to the general public

O and I'll leave this here

I personally think the shadows are the 3rd dopest 1s behind the Breds and Chicagos. I need to find another pair asap.

#NTDenim 
smokin.gif

are VNDS shadows for 260 worth it ?
sick.gif
seems like all the DS pairs are asking for 300 now and the market has dried up.. smh

are VNDS shadows for 260 worth it ? :x seems like all the DS pairs are asking for 300 now and the market has dried up.. smh

Bah! It's still getting to me that these are commanding almost the same prices as the bred 1s.

Personally I never go vnds... But damn 260? A little too high if you ask me

Bah! It's still getting to me that these are commanding almost the same prices as the bred 1s.

Personally I never go vnds... But damn 260? A little too high if you ask me
yea i was debating for a hot minute and decided to give myself a reality check. Guess i'll just take an L for these just like the breds and royals. #Sz9Struggle

Yeah Shadow 1s are by far probably the most slept on shoe in 2013.  When I went to get mine, no one even knew they were being released and only cared about the toro IVs. 
nthat.gif
 Hell, they were still in stores about a week later (but this is TN so...)

I should've doubled up though, it's a great shoe.

Yeah Shadow 1s are by far probably the most slept on shoe in 2013.  When I went to get mine, no one even knew they were being released and only cared about the toro IVs. :nthat:  Hell, they were still in stores about a week later (but this is TN so...)

I live in Tampa. They were pretty hard to come by here. Like two stores in the area had them, the HoH and FA at University Mall (that's the price of living in the 50th biggest city or whatever in the U.S).

But man o man, when I went to South Florida, these were everywhere. I tripled up on the Shadows. I later returned a pair because I didn't need that many pairs nor do I care about keeping them and reselling (which I could've).

I'm not sure what it is about the Shadows. I just know I was SOL with the Knicks, Black Toes, etc.

Hopefully the Barons and KOs aren't going to be that bad.

Last edited:
Fake/GM look at the lace bag.

You won't find a legit adult size pair for under $340. Unless you know the person I would be very cautious at anything below that.

Last edited:
are VNDS shadows for 260 worth it ? :x seems like all the DS pairs are asking for 300 now and the market has dried up.. smh

Spend to 40 extra and get a new pair

Yeah Shadow 1s are by far probably the most slept on shoe in 2013.  When I went to get mine, no one even knew they were being released and only cared about the toro IVs. :nthat:  Hell, they were still in stores about a week later (but this is TN so...)

Right? I walked into the shop and grabbed them no line no raffle nothin

Funny how people couldn't get 180 for these prior to the black/red release now everyone needs a pair

Wow! I copped a DS pair of Shadows, off eBay, back in November for $209 shipped. I almost can not believe the prices I see them going for now. 

I Just paid $60 for some leather shoe laces for my royals. It's either going to look really sweet or I'm going to feel really dumb for spending that on laces.

Back
Top Bottom