• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

For g mas 75th surprise party

Those what the wouldn't be so great to wear, but they'd be great from a collector view.

Need to drop these again. My bro grabbed these in 2007 and they should def remaster these joints as a high top version with the Nike air
Haha still wear these from time to time hard shoe to eff up I'm so reckless in these and they still look dead stock .. Same thing with the cool grey pair ... The blue laces set
These off

Last edited:
Been comparing both my shattereds and Chicagos leather to my friends and pics online. Has anyone noticed some have more of a tumbled Leather look than others? Even on my backboards, my left shoe has a differnt looking and better leather look than my right shoe.

who cares what people want to call a shoe. As long as you know what the shoe is, shouldn't matter.

People getting upset at nicknames = people who make up the nicknames.

Just saying.

So those with the laissez faire attitude around names are cool when folks assume 1s are dunks (and vice versa)?

So those with the laissez faire attitude around names are cool when folks assume 1s are dunks (and vice versa)?

i, for one, couldn't care. We're talking about shoes. Its really not that serious if someone isn't hip to what something is called. You know, there's a huge population who thinks its weird people like us care about shoes. i don't pretend to think something is wrong when someone can't distinguish between dunks and 1's. Does it really matter?

I buy ones because it brings me back to a certain time when 1;s weren't attainable for me, not because I'm trying to be cool.

i, for one, couldn't care. We're talking about shoes. Its really not that serious if someone isn't hip to what something is called. You know, there's a huge population who thinks its weird people like us care about shoes. i don't pretend to think something is wrong when someone can't distinguish between dunks and 1's. Does it really matter?

I buy ones because it brings me back to a certain time when 1;s weren't attainable for me, not because I'm trying to be cool.

Likewise 1s are about a personall touchstone to a time/place in my history and have little to do with a cool factor. I have ones that I luv and rock and are not on any must cop list. Currently I'm trying to hunt down a pair of true blues that I'm sure will not get me any 'cool points' for owning. Names do matter a bit because what's in the naming convention is a bit of the history and helps aide communication around the thing we love - kicks. I get personal namings I have a pair of tiger camo dunks I call my tribe called quest joints but there is actually a Tribe 1 joint. The fragment collabo drew from the history of the 1 and has royals blacktoe as element design points....having a 'red frag' obscures Hiro's design intention and why the fragment collabo matters in the lineage of the 1.

Last edited:
Likewise 1s are about a personall touchstone to a time/place in my history and have little to do with a cool factor. I have ones that I luv and rock and are not on any must cop list. Currently I'm trying to hunt down a pair of true blues that I'm sure will not get me any 'cool points' for owning. Names do matter a bit because what's in the naming convention is a bit of the history and helps aide communication around the thing we love - kicks. I get personal namings I have a pair of tiger camo dunks I call my tribe called quest joints but there is actually a Tribe 1 joint. The fragment collabo drew from the history of the 1 and has royals blacktoe as element design points....having a 'red frag' obscures Hiro's design intention and why the fragment collabo matters in the lineage of the 1.

agree to disagree.

Just shoes to me. I never have or will care about who this Hideki Irabu cat is.

He took an OG sample and called it his own. At least in his original sample. His design input was just putting good materials on it

Yall see those blue joints balt just posted that are built like gym reds and those green joints that never came out? :smokin

Back
Top Bottom