Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Copped another pair of VNDS for 280

Bonus

Nice pics! Those strap lakers even look good when they are with all that heat haha.

The Lakers would have been fire to me if it weren't for the material of the swoosh and the Jumpman on the heel.

With all the og hi's we've had this year & the ones well have in 2014 I'd love to see some og low 1's because the color ways have just been a travesty for a while [emoji]128530[/emoji]

^^^Those the Navy's I'm talking bout.

The white Royals were a '85 sample and look nasty IMO.

Unless everyone is talking about the shoe from that t shirt, which will be a hell of a reach.
^this shoe is sick, but id rather have OG style carolinas and heck any solid basic colorway and im probably down for them (thinkin about making those hawks into custom Lakers, let me know what you think)

I was seriously thinking the same, even though it has a yellow outsole opposed to purple, and the tongue would need to be swapped to white. It'll be too much invested IMO, but it'll be nice, I was thinking of doing a BMP New love custom with the Hawks.

or pick up your feet when you walk
Well, I personally don't think it's that cause I have been pretty conscious of that and I tie my shoes tight enough so it's not dragging. I think it's the way my foot strikes the ground that it's heel first, wearing away the bottom corners of my soles. I guess I need to learn how to walk differently lol.

To be quite honest, and i know some say "so comfy" and such, aj1 are some of the worse wearing shoes. Its not so much that they are bad but its from being an old dot in the timeline. In 85 they were it, 95 not really, 05 not even close. By 2015, almost 3 decades later, its a great novelty u know. The average at best width was a straight D probably. Not today. Padding is minimal and the sole isnt just flat, its curved or actually concaved downward. Its an automatic heel drag shoe. I actually walk like an idiot wearing em cause if not, i sound like a slop coming down the street. That said though, its what gives em character. When my royals in 85, and at 10 i was probably growing pretty even, started getting a touch tighter is about the time i started heavy into skateboarding and eventually wore em out. Tough shoe no doubt but not built for today. U can pick up any athletic shoe today, hold it next to an aj1 and pick out the tweaks that have evolved into the standard today.

Well, I personally don't think it's that cause I have been pretty conscious of that and I tie my shoes tight enough so it's not dragging. I think it's the way my foot strikes the ground that it's heel first, wearing away the bottom corners of my soles. I guess I need to learn how to walk differently lol.
well walking heel toe is the normal way but unless its dragging before you go to toe then that in lies the problem lol

I fully agree on the comfort aspect, and had a feeling that these Nike Air pairs couldn't be THAT much better than the pairs I've given a shot over the years. I just hope that swapping insoles can make it decent enough to where I can wear these regularly without feeling like I'm a masochist.

I only need one pair, but I might aim for two just to figure out whether I could comfortably swap insoles on my true size or if I'd need to go a half size up for that.

well walking heel toe is the normal way but unless its dragging before you go to toe then that in lies the problem lol
Lol yeah probably too much drag/force when I strike with my heel. Just don't want to be too conscious/careful to look like a waddling penguin either. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom