OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

E1E1DA30-5AA4-4FBC-8386-D043523AE5B3.jpeg
8D1263A3-ED21-4B1B-B83D-E79E83F3FC5A.jpeg

In hand, these are Realllllly impressive; some pros and cons that I noticed...

PROS-The leather is VERY soft and tumbled-the creasing on these will look absolutely phenomenal).The patches are awesome and don’t feel cheap like I was expecting them to. The embroidered/stitched area at the heels in different colored font is a really nice touch. The swooshes are different on the medial and lateral sides and the font in the swooshes “dance around” when you look at them. These feel like they should/could have cost more@retail.

CONS-the graphic print on the tongue reminds me of Martin Lawrence, Spike Lee, Fresh Prince, Cosby show, ugly knitted sweaters=imo Nike/JB really needs to stop with this nonsense.
-Many of the small Nike and “just do it” logos, are iron pressed on and will crack or fade with time and wear. This is not a HUGE concern; the shoes look great without the small logos so i’m going to remove them if they start to crack or peel.

E1E1DA30-5AA4-4FBC-8386-D043523AE5B3.jpeg
8D1263A3-ED21-4B1B-B83D-E79E83F3FC5A.jpeg

In hand, these are Realllllly impressive; some pros and cons that I noticed...

PROS-The leather is VERY soft and tumbled-the creasing on these will look absolutely phenomenal).The patches are awesome and don’t feel cheap like I was expecting them to. The embroidered/stitched area at the heels in different colored font is a really nice touch. The swooshes are different on the medial and lateral sides and the font in the swooshes “dance around” when you look at them. These feel like they should/could have cost more@retail.

CONS-the graphic print on the tongue reminds me of Martin Lawrence, Spike Lee, Fresh Prince, Cosby show, ugly knitted sweaters=imo Nike/JB really needs to stop with this nonsense.
-Many of the small Nike and “just do it” logos, are iron pressed on and will crack or fade with time and wear. This is not a HUGE concern; the shoes look great without the small logos so i’m going to remove them if they start to crack or peel.
I didn’t think I’d like these. Went to shoe palace at opening just to see for myself. Super impressed by the quality and didn’t think twice about copping.

Pretty sure that's some higher grade vinyl/leatherette on those shoes. The 'tumbled look' is far too excessive.

It feels, smells, and looks like the leather used in the recent Jordan 1 OG highs(tumbled toebox leather in 1s). It’s an anniversary shoe, limited run, and labeled as “premium”, so I doubt Nike would use cheaper grade faux leather. The price tag of $130 vs regularly priced $90-$100 AF1s also makes me believe that they used pretty good leather.

I was also worried that the orange pairs were produced with better materials but the whites are surprisingly equally nice.

Last edited:
It feels, smells, and looks like the leather used in the recent Jordan 1 OG highs(tumbled toebox leather in 1s). It’s an anniversary shoe, limited run, and labeled as “premium”, so I doubt Nike would use cheaper grade faux leather. The price tag of $130 vs regularly priced $90-$100 AF1s also makes me believe that they used pretty good leather.

I was also worried that the orange pairs were produced with better materials but the whites are surprisingly equally nice.
Jordan 1 leather is not great. Nothing nike uses is very good, to be quite honest.

Jordan 1 leather is not great. Nothing nike uses is very good, to be quite honest.

You bugging. As of late due to Adidas being a threat Nike/JB has been going hard on the actual tumbled leather on few silhouettes. It’s not amazing, but compared to decades prior, it’s good imo.

I said higher grade vinyl/leatherette specifically as that's what ze German manufacturers have been using on Mercerdes and VW/Audi interiors for several years now. Merc's product is called MB-Tex and V-Tex respectively. I won't even lie but those materials are really great in car interiors that see heavy use.

Shoes are a bit different though as the material is exposed to motion. Should be curious to see how your pair creases after a few wears. Do keep us updated.

Agreed. The best leather I've found on sneakers is Common Projects, Margiela, and pre-2017 Saint Laurent Paris. Nike's frequent use of tumbled leather seems especially cheap.

You bugging. As of late due to Adidas being a threat Nike/JB has been going hard on the actual tumbled leather on few silhouettes. It’s not amazing, but compared to decades prior, it’s good imo.
No, it is you who are bugging. Tumbled leather is not indicative of quality. It is just leather that has been treated to to appear textured. Yes, it's soft and looks supple, but those two things do not prove the 'quality' of the leather - that lies in the cut of the hide and the tanning process. Often times it's also soft just because it's a thin piece. Soft leather ≠ good leather. I've had Jordan 1s from 94 to 2018, I've quite literally had 1s through thick and thin. Like was stated before, if you want 'quality' leather please see brands like paraboot, viberg, church's - not Nike and adidas.

As for forces, the crap that they used on the tan nikelab lows was abysmal. Premium price with horrible pleather liner, subpar leather on the uppers, and the wack cmft insole. They definitely look great but I'm glad they were a gift to me. I'd have been pretty mad if I paid retail on them.

Who in the world gets Bespoke appointments? These dudes dont answer phones, emails, tweets....I have to make an appointment since i dont live in NYC and that seems to be a no go. Any advice?

Who in the world gets Bespoke appointments? These dudes dont answer phones, emails, tweets....I have to make an appointment since i dont live in NYC and that seems to be a no go. Any advice?
Yea I've had the same issue. Only lucky I had was calling 21M and having them patch me through to Bespoke.

im pissed i missed the Just do it's i really need a pair of those but aintpaying that resale. sheikh restocked today and i was about an hr from catching it too lol

Back
Top Bottom