OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

No, it is you who are bugging. Tumbled leather is not indicative of quality. It is just leather that has been treated to to appear textured. Yes, it's soft and looks supple, but those two things do not prove the 'quality' of the leather - that lies in the cut of the hide and the tanning process. Often times it's also soft just because it's a thin piece. Soft leather ≠ good leather. I've had Jordan 1s from 94 to 2018, I've quite literally had 1s through thick and thin. Like was stated before, if you want 'quality' leather please see brands like paraboot, viberg, church's - not Nike and adidas.

As for forces, the crap that they used on the tan nikelab lows was abysmal. Premium price with horrible pleather liner, subpar leather on the uppers, and the wack cmft insole. They definitely look great but I'm glad they were a gift to me. I'd have been pretty mad if I paid retail on them.

I'd also like to add how foolish it is that so many folk's assess the quality of leather on a Nike based on a "poke" test. If this is how you measure quality, then you've simply never seen/felt/held high-grade leather in your entire life. What's good for an AJ1, AF1 or any Nike - other than maybe bespoke - is the lowest grade leather across the board. Hell, the leather on my Apple iPhone case is better than most in my collection!

D9A383AC-3BB4-4873-A912-328746F4B777.jpeg
A7B236FB-8B2A-47DC-9EF3-A6F25015FFBB.jpeg

No, it is you who are bugging. Tumbled leather is not indicative of quality. It is just leather that has been treated to to appear textured. Yes, it's soft and looks supple, but those two things do not prove the 'quality' of the leather - that lies in the cut of the hide and the tanning process. Often times it's also soft just because it's a thin piece. Soft leather ≠ good leather. I've had Jordan 1s from 94 to 2018, I've quite literally had 1s through thick and thin. Like was stated before, if you want 'quality' leather please see brands like paraboot, viberg, church's - not Nike and adidas.

As for forces, the crap that they used on the tan nikelab lows was abysmal. Premium price with horrible pleather liner, subpar leather on the uppers, and the wack cmft insole. They definitely look great but I'm glad they were a gift to me. I'd have been pretty mad if I paid retail on them.

I'd also like to add how foolish it is that so many folk's assess the quality of leather on a Nike based on a "poke" test. If this is how you measure quality, then you've simply never seen/felt/held high-grade leather in your entire life. What's good for an AJ1, AF1 or any Nike - other than maybe bespoke - is the lowest grade leather across the board. Hell, the leather on my Apple iPhone case is better than most in my collection!

Gave both of you reps for dropping knowledge on these cats drinking the 'tumbled vinyl' Kool-Aid.

Back
Top Bottom