OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

blazer-nike-air-force-1s-1.jpg

blazer-nike-air-force-1s-3.jpg

blazer-nike-air-force-1s-2.jpg

blazer-nike-air-force-1s-4.jpg

blazer-nike-air-force-1s-7.jpg
I've seen pics of these in the grey GR box which means these will be regular price

Same problem I have. I've sold a lot of my DS pairs, but stuck with the goods like the LTs and livestrong busy p. This dude ordered me 180 for the busy p when they were listed at 280. Really? When the other pairs were going ethyl over 300. It's annoying

It's not annoying - it's the market.

Busy Ps were hyped up trash from the 1 world pack. They immediately skyrocketed in price, but then people realized that they were just some rainbow bright junk with writing all over them. ...Then they hit outlets in pretty good quantities as B grades.

The AF1 market was buoyed by people who were into "hyped" shoes, and at one time AF1s were what's hot. Those folks have since moved on to the shoes that become the "it" shoes after the AF1 run. All that's left are purists, who are rational and knowledgeable buyers. You aren't going to get mega bucks from those folks.

If you have stuff that true AF1 heads really want, they'll pay for it.

Yeah I hear ya. It worked to my advantage when I was buying em up cuz I could get em cheap. And I don't have the rainbow pair, I got the black and yellow.. but I know what you're saying

Thought I'd post a quick photo of my first pair of AF1.  These are the AF1 Canvas JD Sports Exclusive.  Very clean shoe with the gum outsole IMO.
I'm really really feeling this pair, but man, it looks like it's going to crease really bad after just a couple wears, what can you tell me about their quality?

I'm really really feeling this pair, but man, it looks like it's going to crease really bad after just a couple wears, what can you tell me about their quality?
yeah i wore it in my house for a day before I undsed them and the creasing was already pretty bad.  I dont see anything wrong with the quality - the leather on the inner lining, swoosh, and back feels nice and there aren't any glue stains.  However, these were my first pair of AF1 so I dont have anything to compare them to. overall it's a really clean shoe with the canvas and the gum outsole. hope this helps.

Last edited:
yeah i wore it in my house for a day before I undsed them and the creasing was already pretty bad.  I dont see anything wrong with the quality - the leather on the inner lining, swoosh, and back feels nice and there aren't any glue stains.  However, these were my first pair of AF1 so I dont have anything to compare them to. overall it's a really clean shoe with the canvas and the gum outsole. hope this helps.
Well, when I talk about quality, at least me, I'm referring to the creasing. Good materials  = good quality = unnoticeable creasing  after few wears

That's a pitty that they crease easily, because this pair looks very nice. Maybe I'll pick it up and it'll be that pair you wear 2 times per year :tongue:

Anyway, thank you very much for taking your time to answer me, repped

I mean there are ways to prevent creasing...

Plus any suede/nubuck and canvas af1 creases way less than the newer pleather joints.

You have to adapt ...

what can you tell me about their quality?

They were made in 2013.

Is there anything else you need to know?
there are a couple recent releases where the quality was good for a GR air force 1...................................cant really think of any at the moment but there were
Edit: that embroidery 3 pack looked decent. Didnt pick em up but when i checked em out they looked pretty good for a GR air force 1.
Best leather in the past year on any af1 would have to be those "Bday" af1 i swear i thought it was vac-tech or something but when i got my pair and seen how buttery that leather was mmm mmmmm.

Last edited:
there are a couple recent releases where the quality was good for a GR air force 1...................................cant really think of any at the moment but there were
Edit: that embroidery 3 pack looked decent. Didnt pick em up but when i checked em out they looked pretty good for a GR air force 1.
Best leather in the past year on any af1 would have to be those "Bday" af1 i swear i thought it was vac-tech or something but when i got my pair and seen how buttery that leather was mmm mmmmm.

Yeah im currently looking for a couple of those embroidery pairs

Well, when I talk about quality, at least me, I'm referring to the creasing. Good materials  = good quality = unnoticeable creasing  after few wears

That's a pitty that they crease easily, because this pair looks very nice. Maybe I'll pick it up and it'll be that pair you wear 2 times per year :tongue:

Anyway, thank you very much for taking your time to answer me, repped

AF1s in general, crease way more than other shoes. It's the flat sole/solid midsole along with the lack of a midfoot shank which essentially forces all the creasing at the 'weakest' spot - which is the toebox panel. Older vintage pairs with 100% full grain leather will crease too but not as severely - that's why the overall quality of the materials really matters.
That said I do have several newer pairs from 2003 up till 2011 and the canvas joints are way more durable than the pleather variants. Just looking at the pleather causes it to crease and it creases bad - akin to folding a piece of cardboard.

Last edited:
That's exactly what it is, the shape of the sole on the shoe that causes the creasing. Sure the cheaper materials make it worse, but there's not much you can really do except force fields to prevent the creasing.

I just charge the creasing to the game. It's not enough to make me not wanna wear the shoe anymore.

That's exactly what it is, the shape of the sole on the shoe that causes the creasing. Sure the cheaper materials make it worse, but there's not much you can really do except force fields to prevent the creasing.

I just charge the creasing to the game. It's not enough to make me not wanna wear the shoe anymore.

I edited my original post to say 'flat sole' and 'solid midsole' as it's the combination of both. You're right on the creasing - it's a first world issue and if you have a steady rotation then it's a total non-issue.

I'd rate materials in order of: 100% full grain leather > THICK patent leather (very rare these days) > suede > canvas > thin/stiff/cheap patent leather >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cardboard > pleather.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.sneakershields.com/

I was going to give it a chance, but I'd like to know if anyone here has already tried it or if you know a better way not to crease AF1? I have a couple pairs that creased after 3 steps, no joke, so I need something like those AF1 shields in them

i have the shoe trees or whatever they are called, and all they did was change where the shoe creased and slid around. im sure i could have taped them up inside the shoe but then they arent easily interchangeable. i wasnt impressed with em

I personally fold socks above my foot when I wear shoes casually. I'm sure for someone who has never done this it would prob be very uncomfortable. I've always been obsessed with avoiding creases and I've been doing this since high school with great success. So I'm sure my feet are just used to it.

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.sneakershields.com/

I was going to give it a chance, but I'd like to know if anyone here has already tried it or if you know a better way not to crease AF1? I have a couple pairs that creased after 3 steps, no joke, so I need something like those AF1 shields in them

If you really want to get technical you need to land with your heel and take off with your heel in order to minimize creasing on an AF1. If you're a normal person and have a heel-to-forefoot transition or if you exclusively walk on your forefoot, then forget about AF1s.

Personally so sick of quality talk on all brands shoes, it is what it is and if you honestly feel that way about them then stop buying them. Just accept it, just like the way the "shoe game" has changed, you gonna have to accept that too.

With that said, these look pretty dang good and I will have them on my radar (shoes crease when you wear them, they're suppose to)

Back
Top Bottom