Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
2g00d4u[/td] [td][/td] [td]#1650[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"][/color][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://2g00d4u.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

06/05/09 12:37 AM
[/td] [/tr]
[/url][/table]

I think it's time for you to make your pick

Even though the Magic won't continue to shoot this poorly, I'm willing to put the house up on this one. Lakers = 2009 NBA Champs

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Even though the Magic won't continue to shoot this poorly, I'm willing to put the house up on this one. Lakers = 2009 NBA Champs

After seeing Kobe's demeanor vs. Dwight's demeanor...yikes. I know Kobe is naturally serious and Dwight is naturally easygoing, but wow. If Ididn't watch the game and just watched their 2 press conferences on mute, I would've thought the Magic were the ones who blew out the Lakers.

I have a bad feeling about the rest of this series.

Looking at game 1, the Lakers are a better team offensively and defensively. Those are the tangibles, now the intangibles that the Magic don't have areEXPERIENCE and the HUNGER TO WIN (Kobe and his team from losing to the Celtics last year)

I will go with the LAKERS winning it in 4 games. SWEEP. So much for which is the better Magic team, Shaq's 1995 team or Dwight's team this year. Handsdown, Shaq's of course as they gave the Rockets a run for their money in game 1 if not for Nick Anderson's 4 missed free throws, the series would havehad a different outcome. And Shaq was dominant in that series too.

Let's go LAKERS

3 more to go!!!
pimp.gif

really good game today...mamba was on fire tonight
pimp.gif

we have to get everyone else, like bynum, pau, odom a lot more touches though. and they have to stay out of foul trouble

lookin forward to game 2
pimp.gif

The Magic team of this year just went through a WEAK Eastern Conference with the Celtics playing without KG and Powe and the Cavs not having enough supportingcast to back up Bron that's why they came out on top.

The western conference is still the powerhouse this year and talent-wise, the Lakers are a 10 and the Magic probably only a 6 from a scale of 1 to 10, 10 beingthe highest.

THIS WILL BE A SWEEP!!!

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

The moment KG took the payoff, it became the Lakers ring to lose.
grin.gif

Anyway, it was a tremendous effort by the Lakers defensively tonight, I was very impressed a how well our guys closed out on their shooters and if thatcontinues, this may be a short series. Orlando really can't play any worse than they did tonight offensively, and I think they'll come back out betteron Sunday.

Kobe...man what can you say. I don't think we'll need him to score 40 every game, but when he's on like he was tonight, it's just a joy towatch. I feel that he really wanted to come out and set the tone for this series and he definitely did that, he looks more focused than I've ever seen himbefore. Drew gave us good minutes on Dwight and I'm glad to see he's not giving up any easy baskets. Gasol and LO were great (keep eating those GummySavers LO). I'm sure Kobe smells blood in the water and will try and come out an finish the Magic early on Sunday night. 3 wins away guys, LET'S GETIT!!!!!

I hope Sasha Vujacic doesn't see a single minute in the remaining games. Every time he plays defense/offense I'm expecting an TO or stupid foul.Thankfully he didn't play until the garbage time. And like another poster mentioned, I liked Kobe going insane and unstoppable but he can play better bygetting more ball movement and not ball hogging. Yes, his performance tonight was incredible but I think he can create more ball movement; some of his amazingmakes were really bad shots. Anyway, looking forward to a Game 2 win.

It was a good game and it's great to start out a series as strong as we did.

Having said that though, I remain cautiously optimistic. There's still 3 more wins to go before this is done...and until that 4th win is in the books, Iwon't feel easy. I've seen this Magic team come back from adversity time after time that I think tonight game is more "exception" rather than"rule" for this series. I do expect them to play better in game 2.

Hopefully we don't let our gaurd down and continue to pounce on them, especially with potentially 3 straight game in Florida.

great game...kobe set the tone for the first game and thats what leaders do and everyone followed...but its only ONE game...stop with the sweep talk and sayingthe series is over...if you guys honestly think that you guys are crazy...the magic didnt make those open shots they usually make...with that said the magicare gonna come out smoking in game 2...its gonna be a dogfight

Originally Posted by enrique23

3 more to go!!!
pimp.gif

really good game today...mamba was on fire tonight
pimp.gif

we have to get everyone else, like bynum, pau, odom a lot more touches though. and they have to stay out of foul trouble

lookin forward to game 2
pimp.gif

yessir. im pulling for that sweep cuz i will be in LA weekend. I would love to see a Parade

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

great game...kobe set the tone for the first game and thats what leaders do and everyone followed...but its only ONE game...stop with the sweep talk and saying the series is over...if you guys honestly think that you guys are crazy...the magic didnt make those open shots they usually make...with that said the magic are gonna come out smoking in game 2...its gonna be a dogfight

+1.....Good game lets just take it one game at a time...

KOBE wont stay this HOT & ORLANDO wont stay this cold....

I hope it happens BUT its highly UNLIKELY....

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

^^ Yes

Great win. I wish Kobe would have sat the entire 4th quarter to let Sasha get into a rhythm.
Sasha had the entire season to get into a rhythm.

Sasha is being Sasha. Trash as usual.

Great effort by the Lakers, kudos to my MVP Kobe Bryant, great defense in containing Dwight and their 3 pt. shooters BUT the Magic will make adjustments andwill bounce back so Kobe and co., BE READY!!!!! GO LAKERS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom