Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Magic were shook last night. They simply did not have the swag they had throughout the playoffs. That being said...they missed a LOT of open shots and I thinkthe let Jameer play too much. If they were to knock down their open looks game would have been a lot closer.

Great win for the lakers.

Kobe was Kobe and got production from the rest of the team. Everyone normally says its not a series untill the home team loses, so who knows what can happen.

I said it earlier in the thread but a lot of ppl were talking abotu the Lewis mismatch, and I said how good coaches make teams adjust to them, and it was goodto see PJ make SVG adjust to him( playing battie more) by having in two 7 footers

I dont think we know how good the lakers are, they have coasted all season and now that they are finally here they might explode and be a REALLY good team, atthe same time it was only ONE game

The two day rest is simply for TV ratings, Sunday night FINALS > Saturday night FINALS

Sunday primetime > Saturday primetime, it's all for ratings.

But it does suck. Lakers will get to wear the Sunday whites though
pimp.gif

I cannot stand Kobe as an individual, but his game is nothing less than greatness. This is the Lakers best game of the entire playoffs handsdown as a unit. I'm hoping that Orlando takes the series in six, but always appreciate watching a team play great basketball.

Good way to start the finals.
smokin.gif

Was nice to see Bynum come out early and throw the first punch. Prolly set the Magic back on their heels a bit. Doubt they expected anything outta Drew vsDwight.

GREAT team D for once. They were nice all game long.

The Magic clearly had an off game, and this will not be a short series, the Magic have proven this year that they will get beat down, but they just don'tcare, they'll come back and get the next game. So we need to be ready. We haven't done squat yet.

Kobe forced it big time, but he made enough shots to make up for it for this game. This could be a good thing really. The Magic may alter their gameplan sothat they double Kobe now to keep him from going off, and maybe now he comes out and is the passer that Phil sometimes asks him to be. This should get Ariza,Fish, and the two big guys down low a lot better looks, and that might screw with the Magic D even more.
pimp.gif

Magic will play better, we have to up our game as well.

Let's get it.
pimp.gif

^ I agree with you and everyone else saying that the Magic will play better. They will not shoot as bad from 3-land as they did yesterday; fact (o.k., it'snot really a fact; it's just my opinion, but... we all know it's true, right? They're not going to have back-to-back games of woeful 3-ballshooting).

I say between their impressive 3-point shooting and Dwight doing work in the paint, we submit to one and shut the other down. It'd be nice if we couldcontain both their 3-point game and their Dwight game like we did in Game 1, but I don't see that happening again. If it were me, I'd continue to tryand suppress their 3-point success. Keep Ariza and Sasha and Kobe and Fish out on the perimeter, and get Shannon some playing time on the defensive end, too.For example, I would have liked to have seen Brown on Re_ick instead of Kobe; Kobe could have been resting that whole time, or guarding someone more difficultthan a guy who's going to MAYBE hit a couple threes.

Like I said, it'd be nice if we could contain both their inside game with Dwight and their perimeter game with Rashard and Hedo and Rafer and all them, butI don't see us containing both again. But... maybe.

I mean, I didn't see it happening in Game 1... and i did.

Three more.
smokin.gif

IV

III more to go !

edit:

does anyone have a gif of mamba sticking his tongue out like a mamba ?!?!?
laugh.gif
I could not stop laughing when I saw that

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I cannot stand Kobe as an individual, but his game is nothing less than greatness. This is the Lakers best game of the entire playoffs handsdown as a unit. I'm hoping that Orlando takes the series in six, but always appreciate watching a team play great basketball.

--LA had a better game as a unit in GAme 6 vs Denver. Orlando just wasnt hitting their good looks. Shot looked flat.
--As for Magic in 6, idk. Its already 1-0 LA, meaning Orlando would have to win 4 out of the next 5 games. Possible? Yeah. Likely? No.

Orlando needs to be knocking down their threes in 4 out of the next 6 games. If not, they might as well start mapping out the parade route in LA.
sick.gif

I think CP got it on lock with the Kobe thing. Kobe went off and it was nice to see but kinda got worried because ball movement disappeared and after seeingOrlando on their good days, a 30 points lead is nothing. Orlando's shooting is on a different level when they are on because it's contagious, 4shooters with a beast underneath. But what Kobe did tonight is good because now SVD will adjust his defense to try and contain him, if he is serious aboutgetting the 4th then he will know what to do, I'm just hoping that everybody else will be up for the challenge and get things done.

Also, no sweep here, Orlando will take at least 1, and I'm kinda worried about Nelson. Despite, the little contribution he gave last night, I'm afraidthis man will start getting in rhythm and might be a little more hungrier than anybody else. I think he is the only player that will be a difficult defensivetask for the Lakers guards...

I think you guys are reading too much into Kobe's performance last night. He wasn't forcing so much per say, he was just in one of those zones that hegets in and we've seen it multiple times in the playoffs. Forcing it would be shooting over double teams and running into 3 and 4 people and not gettinghis teammates involved none of which he did in what I saw last night. Kobe is the best 1 on 1 player in the league and the Magic inexplicably played himstraight up last night, almost all the shots were great looks except a couple where the shot clock was running down.

I'm not worried at all, because as we saw in the last series and throughout this year, Kobe adjusts his attack relative to what the defense is giving him,if the Magic bring the double hard next game, he'll make the proper play, but if they continue to play him with one defender, I have no problem with himtaking advantage of that either. You guys are making it sound like no one else played well and Kobe was just hogging, what some of you overlook is that whenKobe has been aggressive (not necessarily meaning shooting), it not only gets him buckets, but opens the floor for everyone else. When he's overly passivein the get go, is when we get in trouble, he has managed to balance this extremely well in the playoffs and I expect it to continue.

I personally meant Kobe was forcing it as he came in with 6-7 minutes left in the game up 25 and jacked up 4 straight shots, missing all 4.

He was being guarded by JJ and eager to dagger the kids heart to death, but he shoulda just relaxed and taken good shots against him. He was rushed, prollyknew he was real close to 40.

I'm fine with the way he played, I don't mean to sound like I'm not, just a small tweak I'd like to see him make. Had he come out those finalfew minutes and gotten open shots for Walton, or Ariza, or Fish or anyone else, that woulda been nice for them to knock some shots goin into game 2. Thas allI was gettin at.

How about the play of Andrew Bynum?

Sure he only had 9 & 9, but the job he did in the first quarter on Howard, was admirable.

Oh, and 9pts & 9 rebounds is not too shabby either.

I personally meant Kobe was forcing it as he came in with 6-7 minutes left in the game up 25 and jacked up 4 straight shots, missing all 4.

He was being guarded by JJ and eager to dagger the kids heart to death, but he shoulda just relaxed and taken good shots against him. He was rushed, prolly knew he was real close to 40.
I wouldn't look too much into that. 4th qtr was GARBAGE time.

Back
Top Bottom