Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Rafer Alston, Lamar Odom represent NYC good
nerd.gif

they are sayin nelson might come back and play for the finals but i guess he got one ok from someone and if he gets another ok, then he will play.. thats whati just saw on espn, but i have no clue whats really gonna happen...

Nelson should most definitely NOT back....

Jeopardizing what the Magic have a chance to accomplish just because he wants to play in the Finals is pretty selfish in my opinion. Rafer Alston is doing agreat job filling in and there's no need to take a risk on Nelson's shoulder being healthy enough to play.

Stick with the team that's gotten you this far.

Lakers fans, I'm coming as a basketball fan and not a Cavs fan right now, and I'm telling yall, if the Magic come in there and get a split, yall willbe in a dog fight.

This is gonna be tough tough tough. If when the games start, and Phil's strategy is to double Dwight, yall are in for a long series.

I also think that Dwight is gonna get Bynum in quick foul trouble EVERY game. This is gonna be a very interesting series cause of the matchups.

I think the Lakers will win, but thats only if yall take away the 3, and some how contain Dwight and keep yall bigs out of foul trouble, cause if yall have togo small its a wrap.

Can't play soft this series. Somebody other than Kobe will have to attack Dwight to get him in foul trouble. Who will it be, cause Gasol isn't aphysical post player and Bynum will

always be in foul trouble.

If the doctors give him the green light, why not? It's not like they're going to thrust him back into the starting lineup. What I read was maybe 15mins a game.

Dude is an All-Star, and why wouldn't you want him back if you're the Magic?

This is the NBA Finals to boot. Who knows if Jameer will ever have another shot to make it back here. Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

Okay, start Bynum and Pau

D12 gaurds Bynum? Feed Pau on Lewis

D12 Guards Pau? Feed Bynum on Lewis

Double down the post? Swing swing for a wide open 3

Game.
Pau guard Dwight? Feed Dwight and have Lewis score on Bynum
Bynum gaurd Dwight? Feed Dwight and have Lewis score on Pau
Double Dwight, Hit open 3's
Game

Goes both ways

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Lakers fans, I'm coming as a basketball fan and not a Cavs fan right now, and I'm telling yall, if the Magic come in there and get a split, yall will be in a dog fight.

This is gonna be tough tough tough. If when the games start, and Phil's strategy is to double Dwight, yall are in for a long series.

I also think that Dwight is gonna get Bynum in quick foul trouble EVERY game. This is gonna be a very interesting series cause of the matchups.

I think the Lakers will win, but thats only if yall take away the 3, and some how contain Dwight and keep yall bigs out of foul trouble, cause if yall have to go small its a wrap.

Can't play soft this series. Somebody other than Kobe will have to attack Dwight to get him in foul trouble. Who will it be, cause Gasol isn't a physical post player and Bynum will

always be in foul trouble.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe Odom and Ariza will step up some and start attacking the basket more often.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Jeopardizing what the Magic have a chance to accomplish just because he wants to play in the Finals is pretty selfish in my opinion. Rafer Alston is doing a great job filling in and there's no need to take a risk on Nelson's shoulder being healthy enough to play.

this is so stupid by orlando! why even try and get him back? why fix something that isnt broken? you think he's just gonna come back and be in mid seasonform without playing ANY games?
laugh.gif

i think this is gonna cause unnecessary coverage and is gonna have rafer
eyes.gif
cuz it seems they dont trust him all the way. yes he does take some stupid *$@ shots and dumb turnovers, but he has got you this far...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Jeopardizing what the Magic have a chance to accomplish just because he wants to play in the Finals is pretty selfish in my opinion. Rafer Alston is doing a great job filling in and there's no need to take a risk on Nelson's shoulder being healthy enough to play.

this is so stupid by orlando! why even try and get him back? why fix something that isnt broken? you think he's just gonna come back and be in mid season form without playing ANY games?
laugh.gif

i think this is gonna cause unnecessary coverage and is gonna have rafer
eyes.gif
cuz it seems they dont trust him all the way. yes he does take some stupid *$@ shots and dumb turnovers, but he has got you this far...

Rafer would still start if Jameer plays so......

I dont think Jameer should come back also. Its not good for his future and the team.

If i was the lakers and i saw that dude coming down the lane for a layup......id seriously check his shoulder trying to come into the paint. Finals areFinals...you gotta do what you gotta do.

Air Rob21 wrote:
With all this talk about the matchup problems in the frontcourt, I think alot of people are forgetting about one guy in the Lakers backcourt (not DFish
laugh.gif
)

It's gamesmanship

All this Jameer Nelson comeback talk is being done by Orlando just to throw a wrench in the Lakers preparation for the Finals.

I hope Phil and Co. don't fall for it.

No way will Orlando put in Jameer Nelson into a high pressure Finals situation after he's missed like 3 months.

His timing and condition (and probably shooting touch) will take a while to get back. They won't risk jeapordizing the great rhythm they have rightnow.

We have to use Kobe to our advantage here. A 6"5 200lb Courtney Lee cannot guard him even if he's one of the better perimeter defenders dude is stilla rookie Kobe should straight abuse him.
pimp.gif
This is one of the rare gameswhere we can use our backcourt to our advantage rather than front.

Ronnie Brewer, Shane Battier, Ron Artest and Dahntay Jones are all waaaaaaaay better defenders than anyone Orlando will throw at Kobe.

Kobe will get his as usual

and I think Pau, LO, and Bynum will be much more difficult for Orlando than Wallace, Z, and Verajao

Dwight will get his as usual

But the Lakers are much more balanced than Cleveland and will win the series in 6

Originally Posted by Vietishi

We have to use Kobe to our advantage here. A 6"5 200lb Courtney Lee cannot guard him even if he's one of the better perimeter defenders dude is still a rookie Kobe should straight abuse him.
pimp.gif
This is one of the rare games where we can use our backcourt to our advantage rather than front.

i think pietrus gonna get the bulk of the minutes defending
kobe gets his no matter who's on him

nelson coming back? well tyrone lue aint playing any minutes, might as well put him on the roster
grin.gif

orlando must come away with a split

Going to be an amazing series. I'm confident my Lake show will not be denied though. Kobe and company are on a mission. They experienced losing at thisstage last year. I think that is going to make them a lot stronger and that experience will propel them to a championship. Lakers in 6. Thursday cannot gethere soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom