Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Lakers do have a tough time defending against the pick n roll.

In both games of the regular season, Dwight Howard got to the line a lot.

But the Lakers won't face the severe matchup problems Cleveland did...

Realistically, I say LA in 6.

But there are a lot of variables in this series. A lot of it depends on what happens during each game. Things like who shows up to play, who gets in foultrouble, etc.

I'll be rooting for Orlando.

Dwight will have a grand ol time with Pau Gasoft guarding him
Who will guard Rashard Lewis?
Who will guard Hedo Turkaglu?
Kobe will be Kobe yes...
Magic got the advantage in all 3 front court positions.

Magic FTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Kobe will be Kobe yes...

Magic FTW
pimp.gif
1) Bynum and Gasol and Mbenga and Powell (pretty much our entire frontline)
2) LO and Pau
3) Ariza and Kobe in stretches

The Magic have an advantage, but not nearly as big as they did against Cleveland, plus they are going to have to defend on the other end as well? Who'sgoing to guard Pau/Bynum? (D12 can't be in two places at once, Lewis will be murked by Pau if he guards him on defense). This is a great matchup for bothsides, it'll be interesting to see who imposes their will.

TheYoungestGun wrote:
f4ijkp.jpg

I would love to see it go down like this, but that was D12's rookie year, grown man status now. Gasoft can't hold him. Young Drew gets in foul troublebefore the jumpball. So imo let D12 get his and contain everyone else.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Kobe will be Kobe yes...

Magic FTW
pimp.gif
1) Bynum and Gasol and Mbenga and Powell (pretty much our entire frontline)
2) LO and Pau
3) Ariza and Kobe in stretches

The Magic have an advantage, but not nearly as big as they did against Cleveland, plus they are going to have to defend on the other end as well? Who's going to guard Pau/Bynum? (D12 can't be in two places at once, Lewis will be murked by Pau if he guards him on defense). This is a great matchup for both sides, it'll be interesting to see who imposes their will.
1). Better hope they use their fouls wisely
laugh.gif

2).
laugh.gif
Odom - mad inconsistent/a bum, Pau - slow/soft
3). Height advantage. He pullin up all day.

I agree the series will be interesting. Pau & Bynum are tall but they don't play big (pause).

Lakers in 6

I can't wait for this to start

Lakers are a much more balanced team than Cleveland.

Gasol, Bynum, Odom are long and talented.

I think Powell and Mbenga will have to play as well, just to throw different bodies at Dwight

Lakers are going to lose. You see what happens during the regular season... and yes, I know playoff are a whole different monster. Orlando is too powerful.. Noone is stopping D12. If they try, they will fail and get blazed from beyond the Arch. We'll see what happened game one.

Okay, start Bynum and Pau

D12 gaurds Bynum? Feed Pau on Lewis

D12 Guards Pau? Feed Bynum on Lewis

Double down the post? Swing swing for a wide open 3

Game.

[h1]Magic evaluating Nelson's status for NBA finals[/h1]

18 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)-Orlando is evaluating All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson(notes) for a possible return to the Magic lineup for the NBA finals that begin Thursday night in Los Angeles.

Magic spokesman Joel Glass said on Sunday that Nelson's rehabilitation from a shoulder injury is ahead of schedule but that his status remains uncertain.

Nelson has been out since early February with what had been called a season-ending shoulder tear.

Magic president Bob Vander Weide told The Orlando Sentinel after Saturday's win against Cleveland that he wanted Nelson to take another MRI and consult with doctors for a possible comeback.

Nelson has been working out and has said he has full range of motion. But Magic general manager Otis Smith has repeatedly said there is no way Nelson could return this season.

its either going to be orlando in 5 or lakers in 6. i don't see orlando winning the clinching game in los angeles. not to discredit them because they didwin the clinchers in philly and boston but this isn't philly or boston.

thats why the lakers NEED to protect home court and go to orlando up 2-0, orlando is a tough road team and can shoot themselves back into a game, besides ihope the lakers learned from 2004 when they lost all 3 in detroit and 2008 when they lost all 3 games they played in boston.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

its either going to be orlando in 5 or lakers in 6. i don't see orlando winning the clinching game in los angeles. not to discredit them because they did win the clinchers in philly and boston but this isn't philly or boston.

thats why the lakers NEED to protect home court and go to orlando up 2-0, orlando is a tough road team and can shoot themselves back into a game, besides i hope the lakers learned from 2004 when they lost all 3 in detroit and 2008 when they lost all 3 games they played in boston.
wheres my money?

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

Game.
Bynum went 19-40 against the nuggets. I like how everyone thinks he'll have a field day against shard, bynum is still very inconsistent andsoft. Also, he has no chance at all to guard shard on offense. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing D12,Gortat,Lewis,Lee/pietrus,Turk on the floor at the sametime.

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

its either going to be orlando in 5 or lakers in 6. i don't see orlando winning the clinching game in los angeles. not to discredit them because they did win the clinchers in philly and boston but this isn't philly or boston.

thats why the lakers NEED to protect home court and go to orlando up 2-0, orlando is a tough road team and can shoot themselves back into a game, besides i hope the lakers learned from 2004 when they lost all 3 in detroit and 2008 when they lost all 3 games they played in boston.
wheres my money?

smush has it, he needed to get new tats.

wheres my money?

not kool bro, not kool....

wheres my money?

not kool bro, not kool....

laugh.gif
come thru later on lets go to 5 guys those burgers arecrack.

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

Game.
Pau guard Dwight? Feed Dwight and have Lewis score on Bynum
Bynum gaurd Dwight? Feed Dwight and have Lewis score on Pau
Double Dwight, Hit open 3's
Game

Goes both ways

With all this talk about the matchup problems in the frontcourt, I think alot of people are forgeting about one guy in the Lakers backcourt (not DFish
laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom