Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Originally Posted by MJsaver

i feel so much better about the LAKERS chances this year....

I just knew GARNETT's intensity and the Celts deep team would be hell to overcome last year..

I TRULY FEEL L.A. HAS THE BETTER TEAM OVERALL THS YEAR,[ not by a huge margin tho] I JUST HOPE THEY STAY HUNGRY...

NONE OF THAT SPLIT THE FIRST 2 GAMES @ HOME CRAP.....COME OUT DEFEND HOMECOURT & PUT PRESSURE ON ORLANDO...

if we win the first 2 i dont see ORLANDO winning this series..
eek.gif
... I feel the exact same way..

Experience hasn't mattered much against the Magic this post-season. I can't wait to see the chess moves that will need to be made in this series.Don't be too confident Lakers fans this a bad match-up for yall too.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Experience hasn't mattered much against the Magic this post-season. I can't wait to see the chess moves that will need to be made in this series. Don't be too confident Lakers fans this a bad match-up for yall too.

No doubt, the chess game is going to be great to watch. Who cracks first?

Do we put Odom in the starting lineup? Does the Magic really guard either Bynum or Gasol with Lewis? What kinda minutes will they try to get outta Nelson?

It's going to be a great series I think.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Experience hasn't mattered much against the Magic this post-season. I can't wait to see the chess moves that will need to be made in this series. Don't be too confident Lakers fans this a bad match-up for yall too.
def not over confident on my part....

with two 6'10 wing men who can hit clutch shots & an absolute BEAST in the paint theyre a bad matchup for anybody....

I just said i think were a better team, which doesnt mean anything...We still have 2 earn it...

after we got smacked last year i dont think any LEVELHEADED fan would be getting to confident..

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Teammates: Nelson Will Play

Jameer Nelson's teammates are saying that the All-Star point guard will play in the NBA Finals.

"I expect to see him out there at some point in the series," backup guard Anthony Johnson said.

Nelson participated in a full practice with the club on Tuesday for the first time since tearing the labrum in his right shoulder Feb. 2.

Game 1 of the Finals against the Lakers will be Thursday night.
Like Barkley said about KG, it's unrealistic to think this dude can just waltz into the Finals and make a contribution. If he does though,it'd be epic.

it's a wrap....

http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/06/02/obama.prediction.ap/index.html

President Obama selects Lakers to win NBA Finals

Posted Jun 2 2009 7:16PM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- OK, Mr. President, let's see how you do picking the pro game.

Barack Obama was on his way to the Marine One helicopter on the South Lawn on Tuesday when a reporter shouted a question. The topic: Who is going to win theNBA championship, the Los Angeles Lakers or the Orlando Magic?
Said the smiling president: "Lakers in six, I think." In sports terms, that means the Lakers will win the best-of-seven series in six games. Theseries begins Thursday.
So far so good this year for Obama. A huge basketball fan, he correctly predicted that that the University of North Carolina men's basketball team wouldwin the NCAA championship.
Obama was leaving Tuesday for an overnight trip to the Middle East.

So far so good this year for Obama. A huge basketball fan, he correctly predicted that that the University of North Carolina men's basketball team would win the NCAA championship.
laugh.gif
@ so far so good.

It would be somewhat interesting if he went out on a limb and ended up being correct.

Besides that, who cares to see him pick the favorite?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by dland24

dirtyxcanto wrote:

AG 47 wrote:

dland24 wrote:

Why are there so many people in here saying Magics?
smh.gif
Come on NT.

It's human nature to root for the underdog.
alot of NT'ers are laker haters
eyes.gif

You guys are missing the point. Its not the fact that people think that Orlando can win. Its the fact that people are calling them the Magics.

roll.gif
nt'ers are slow

laugh.gif
you got alright

alright ya'll got me
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Just got my Game 1 tix.. sect 216 for a pretty good 349.. Face value is 260. $90 buck over face is a STEAL for lower level

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Jameer shouldn't come back. It's just going to mess up the chemistry.

Support your team from the bench, Jameer. There's always next year. Maybe.
yep

and because im scared of him
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

it's a wrap....

http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/06/02/obama.prediction.ap/index.html

President Obama selects Lakers to win NBA Finals

Posted Jun 2 2009 7:16PM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- OK, Mr. President, let's see how you do picking the pro game.

Barack Obama was on his way to the Marine One helicopter on the South Lawn on Tuesday when a reporter shouted a question. The topic: Who is going to win the NBA championship, the Los Angeles Lakers or the Orlando Magic?
Said the smiling president: "Lakers in six, I think." In sports terms, that means the Lakers will win the best-of-seven series in six games. The series begins Thursday.
So far so good this year for Obama. A huge basketball fan, he correctly predicted that that the University of North Carolina men's basketball team would win the NCAA championship.
Obama was leaving Tuesday for an overnight trip to the Middle East.
http://thecaucus.blogs.ny.../03/30/obamas-nba-picks/
At the end of an interview Friday with the New York Times (ostensibly about Vice President Joseph R. Biden), Mr. Obama was asked which teams he anticipated would meet in the NBA finals.

His prediction: Cleveland would play the Los Angeles Lakers.

No Celtics-Lakers rematch, in other words.

The president did not predict a winner, but was effusive about the Lebron James-led Cavaliers. "I'm telling you, those Cavs," Mr. Obama marveled. "They've only lost one game all year at home. Thirty-five and one." (Actually 33 and 1, as of Friday.)
"And they have home court advantage. That's pretty impressive."

ohwell.gif
...Go Magic

while there are only a few Magic fans here.... they will get support from Laker haters so eventually the Laker fans will get outnumbered

Im hoping we win in 5... I live in philly and got tickets to game 5 so im flying down there hoping to stay for 3 days with the parade included in there

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Im hoping we win in 5... I live in philly and got tickets to game 5 so im flying down there hoping to stay for 3 days with the parade included in there

It would suck for you if the Magic got swept...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

It would suck for you if the Magic Lakers got swept...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

laugh.gif
cmon now bro
eyes.gif
, YOU don't even believe that.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

laugh.gif
cmon now bro
eyes.gif
, YOU don't even believe that.
so the lakers sweeping the magic wasn't a preposterous statement?
eyes.gif

[h2]Pietrus changes shoes for Finals[/h2]
Orlando Magic guard Mickael Pietrus has been in Kobe Bryant's shoes this season. But now that he'll have to help defend the Lakers star in the NBA Finals, he's getting out.

Pietrus, a shooting guard who also helped defend LeBron James in the EasternConference finals, has worn a pair of basketball sneakers endorsed by Bryant during games this season, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

But now that the Magic are facing the Lakers in the NBA Finals, which start Thursday (ABC, 8:30 p.m. ET), Pietrus is ditching his Kobe kicks for something alittle more old school, according to the report.

"I have [Kobe shoes ] at my house, but I'm going to play with MichaelJordan shoes," Pietrus said, the newspaper reported.

No matter which pair of shoes Pietrus wears, slowing down Kobe is going to be a tough assignment, he acknowledged, according to the report.

"The only thing I can do is try to minimize his touches in the fourth quarter," Pietrus said, according to the Sentinel. "He's atremendous player and those guys you can not stop them. So maybe I can say, 'Hey, stop, Kobe! Yo! Stop!' Maybe that's the only way I can stop him.'Stop for a minute!'"

Back
Top Bottom