Official "(500) Days of Summer" Thread

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Hmm... i'm not sure this is ever going to come near me given that list on the last page... this infuriates me a bit.
Yep, looks like I'll have to DL then buy this movie when it comes on DVD. I think it's gonna get a nationwide release though, hopefully.

Great, so all the bandwagoners are going to listen to The Smiths instead of The Shins now. I guess that's one good reason why they aren't togetheranymore.

SIMP
smh.gif

The only love stories I watch are the ones starring Richard Gere and my man Leonidas.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Great, so all the bandwagoners are going to listen to The Smiths instead of The Shins now. I guess that's one good reason why they aren't together anymore.

laugh.gif

you know, i've said stuff like this before.. and i'm glad I don't do it so much anymore, being elitist about music is lame.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Great, so all the bandwagoners are going to listen to The Smiths instead of The Shins now. I guess that's one good reason why they aren't together anymore.

laugh.gif

you know, i've said stuff like this before.. and i'm glad I don't do it so much anymore, being elitist about music is lame.
laugh.gif
Yup.

Reviews have been great for this film, I'm real excited about it.

Zooey
embarassed.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You are straight trippin'. The Smiths catalog is one of the best EVER. You can't mess with the collaboration of Morrissey/Marr. It's the

Aight aight aight. I'll be watching this.

grin.gif
embarassed.gif
smile.gif

Oh, and the Smiths > You.

Quit criticizing others' music, and compose your own.

You know this movie is indie when San Francisco only has two theaters screening this
laugh.gif

Saw it today and absolutely loved it. Easily the best movie I've seen this year, if not years. I went in with pretty high expectations but the movieexceeded those expectations. The acting, the storyline, the writing, the characters, the music... everything just fit.

Zooey Deschanel is just so god damn charming. @++# Ben Gibbard
mad.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

Joseph Gordon-Levitt put in an extremely good performance too. Some of those scenes were so
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Some thoughts on the movie:
Spoiler [+]
The "Expectations vs. Reality" scene was heart-wrenching and brilliant. Actually, that's when the movie just became so terribly sad. I felt so bad for Tom. It was so real though.

Tom's two friends were hilarious
laugh.gif
When they were talking about "jobs" and that whole karaoke/bar scene was great.

This one line by Tom's sister was gold... something about Lars from Norway (or was it Sweden?) who had the face of Brad Pitt and the abs of Jesus.
laugh.gif

"Roses are red, violets are blue.... @++# you #!%!+."

I want a giant chalkboard in my room.

More thoughts later maybe. Still trying to digest the movie
laugh.gif

I really really really want to see this and I'm so jealous of those who've seen it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boyz Noize

I knooooow
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

You know this movie is indie when San Francisco only has two theaters screening this
laugh.gif

Saw it today and absolutely loved it. Easily the best movie I've seen this year, if not years. I went in with pretty high expectations but the movie exceeded those expectations. The acting, the storyline, the writing, the characters, the music... everything just fit.

mad.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

Joseph Gordon-Levitt put in an extremely good performance too. Some of those scenes were so
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Some thoughts on the movie:
Spoiler [+]
The "Expectations vs. Reality" scene was heart-wrenching and brilliant. Actually, that's when the movie just became so terribly sad. I felt so bad for Tom. It was so real though.

Tom's two friends were hilarious
laugh.gif
When they were talking about "jobs" and that whole karaoke/bar scene was great.

This one line by Tom's sister was gold... something about Lars from Norway (or was it Sweden?) who had the face of Brad Pitt and the abs of Jesus.
laugh.gif

"Roses are red, violets are blue.... @++# you #!%!+."

I want a giant chalkboard in my room.

More thoughts later maybe. Still trying to digest the movie
laugh.gif

WORD. WHO LIKES DEATHCAB ANYWAY UGH!
indifferent.gif
that bastard

i really wish i could watch this movie the only movie i've had intrest in watching in a while.

It was really good, but towards the end it got super depressing.

Spoiler [+]
I mean I knew that going into the movie that he wasn't going to get the girl, but somewhere inside me I was still rooting for him to finally be able to work it out. However the ending was a little redeeming and was the only way they could have ended it. Kind of ironic in that the new girls name is Autumn.
LOL sorry I fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom