OFFICIAL 2024-2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD *LYIN' SZN IS HERE*

Who will win the 2024-2025 College Football Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From Finebaum to Klatt to the local guys on sports radio down here, we are definitely getting a lot of hype. Everyone is looking at the roster and the schedule and (rightfully) expects at least 10 wins. It’s a put up or shut up year for Mario and the progrum.
I’m mostly being sarcastic to be dismissive of the hype. We should win the conference and win 10 games if the DB room stays healthy/gels. This is the most talented and deep roster in years. But I’m still in cautious optimism mode until I see it on the field. Come out and beat the Gators by double digits on the road and I’ll fully sip the Kool Aid.

You have 3. We can all be honest with ourselves here.

And having 3 tough games will make it all funnier when DA U misses out on a bowl game again.
A rivalry game in the Swamp isn’t easy, especially in game 1. Zero chance we miss out on a bowl game. No need to just make up dumb stuff. Florida on the other hand…

I bet you don't
I’ve seen this Sark experience before. I hear the argument that he’s changed, but then he turned around after the first bit of success he’s gotten and brought over his boy Johnny Nansen and a couple other of his guys.

I get it, coaching is nepotistic and guys like to work with people they trust. But he’s getting the band back together. I’m surprised he didn’t bring Tosh to Texas too. Only a matter of time before Wilcox is the DC down there.

Lolol Oregon/Nike actually trademarking and branding “that team out west” and trying to force it into being a thing is so cringe and hilarious to me.

It’s not just that their fans fundamentally don’t understand why Ohio State calls Michigan TTUN but it’s so attention seeking. “Hey hey Ohio State, do me! Make fun of me next!”

Lolol Oregon/Nike actually trademarking and branding “that team out west” and trying to force it into being a thing is so cringe and hilarious to me.

It’s not just that their fans fundamentally don’t understand why Ohio State calls Michigan TTUN but it’s so attention seeking. “Hey hey Ohio State, do me! Make fun of me next!”

Oregon wants to “belong” so badly, it’s pathetic.

I think that Florida is going to be much better than their record will show. Won't be surprised if that opening game w/ UM is a very tight one that comes down to the wire.

Personally, I'm hoping for a nice sloppy 8 - 5 double OT win for either squad. But in reality I think it'll be a very eventful game. Maybe like a 24-21 game.

I think that Florida is going to be much better than their record will show. Won't be surprised if that opening game w/ UM is a very tight one that comes down to the wire.

Personally, I'm hoping for a nice sloppy 8 - 5 double OT win for either squad. But in reality I think it'll be a very eventful game. Maybe like a 24-21 game.

Agreed that it will likely be close. It's a rivalry game on the road and it will be loud in there (it was very hard to run my offense in CFB '25 dynasty mode).

A rivalry game in the Swamp isn’t easy, especially in game 1. Zero chance we miss out on a bowl game. No need to just make up dumb stuff. Florida on the other hand…
Florida on the other hand will thrive in our Pop Tarts Bowl game come end of season.

I've got 10 days left to **** talk all you Miami and FSU fans before that chance is gone for another year, so let me manifest some schadenfreude via all of us being pissed off come November.

Granted they beat OSU the last time they played, their all time record of 1-9 makes this even more laughable

They won 3 championships while in the ACC though. Or, you mean financial regret?

There is no doubt that they have been successful in the ACC, especially the first decade when they dominated the league, but they are currently suing to get out of the league and into the SEC or B1G. Finebaum was right in the long run.

It’ll be interesting to see how all this realignment plays out in the long run. We will likely end up having just the two super conferences at one point. We’re probably stuck with the P4 status quo for at least another decade though. The ACC’s TV deal (which appears to be rock solid in terms of the exit fee) goes until 2036 and the Big 12 just extended theirs last summer if I’m not mistaken.

Urban sipping the kool aid heavy, gonna make it that much sweeter when they get bounced in January :lol:

Back
Top Bottom