Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Cueto is off too. My goodness. Blow this team up already and get some young talent. Build around Posey, Crawford, and MadBum.

Do you guys like Belt?

Cueto is off too. My goodness. Blow this team up already and get some young talent. Build around Posey, Crawford, and MadBum.

Do you guys like Belt?
Belt is good defensively and has some pop at the plate .. you have to add him to the guys listed above

Do you guys like Belt?
Belt is good defensively and has some pop at the plate .. you have to add him to the guys listed above
I absolutely would not add him to the list above.  If we find someone dumb enough to offer us a trade for him and get his contract off the books, please do.

Dude is beyond frustrating.

Do you guys like Belt?
He needs to train with Bonds again. I remember he was hot in the beginning of 2014(I think), than he got injured and after coming back, became his inconsistent self again. He's not dependable enough as a hitter though his defense is good.

He needs to train with Bonds again. I remember he was hot in the beginning of 2014(I think), than he got injured and after coming back, became his inconsistent self again. He's not dependable enough as a hitter though his defense is good.
Was it off that stupid concussion where someone threw him two balls at one time ?

Was it off that stupid concussion where someone threw him two balls at one time ?
Yup, I was pissed. I think what ended his season completely was knee surgery or something, I might be wrong. But, he was hot until that run came into an abrupt ending. Now that I think about it, he's pretty damn injury prone.

Yup, I was pissed. I think what ended his season completely was knee surgery or something, I might be wrong. But, he was hot until that run came into an abrupt ending. Now that I think about it, he's pretty damn injury prone.
Top 5 first basemen? Maybe even top 3

Top 5 first basemen? Maybe even top 3
Potentially on defense...but like dland24 said, the guy needs a full season to progress in everything else.
I dont know if he was really saying this, but I literally cannot wrap my head around someone thinking Belt is a top 3 or 5 first baseman.  Off the top of my head, I can probably come up with at least a bakers dozen first baseman I would currently rather have.

Lets try (in no order)....

Paul Goldschmidt

Eric Thames

Cody Bellinger

Ryan Zimmerman

Justin Bour

Miguel Cabrera

Eric Hosmer

Jose Abreu

Anthony Rizzo

Wil Myers

Chris Davis

Carlos Santana

Joey Votto

Freddie Freeman

There you go.  Thats 14 off the top of my head.  I am sure I am forgetting some, also.

I dont know if he was really saying this, but I literally cannot wrap my head around someone thinking Belt is a top 3 or 5 first baseman.  Off the top of my head, I can probably come up with at least a bakers dozen first baseman I would currently rather have.

Lets try (in no order)....

Paul Goldschmidt

Eric Thames

Cody Bellinger

Ryan Zimmerman

Justin Bour

Miguel Cabrera

Eric Hosmer

Jose Abreu

Anthony Rizzo

Wil Myers

Chris Davis

Carlos Santana

Joey Votto

Freddie Freeman

There you go.  Thats 14 off the top of my head.  I am sure I am forgetting some, also.
Yeah, Travis Ishikawa.

Slater is our left fielder of the future, unless you move span.
Belt, Pence, Cueto, Nunez all need to be gone by end of July or this FO has lost their minds.
Tomlinson is nothing more than an average super utility, Williamson and Parker are career AAAA guys.
Beede and Gregorio will be #3-5 starters throughout their early career.
Dfa dorky hernandez and hill.
Find a team desperate for back up catcher in hundred

Team needs to look like this next year.

LF: Shaw
SS: Crawford
CF: Slater
C: Posey
1B: free agent? Posey? Shaw moves back?
RF: any combo of Parker, Shaw or Slater. Parker is better than Williamson and it's not close, but again both probably AAAA players until Reynolds or Duggar come up.
2B: panik
3B: arroyo

1. Bum
2. Shark
3. Moore
4. Beede
5. Gregorio/blach

Bullpen needs to be revamped: melancon and strickland gotta go but no one is eating that contract

Law?
Crick?
Okert?
Osich?

Gonna be a long two-three years. Been following Giants for 20 years and this was one their best drafts. Now go get something in return for the trade guys.

Would y'all rather sit behind home plate or behind the dugout front row??

They are going for about the same price ATM #wegotsuck

^True. You sit there, you get to use the same entrance and bathrooms as Sabean and Evans. You can talk smack as you cross paths lol.

^True. You sit there, you get to use the same entrance and bathrooms as Sabean and Evans. You can talk smack as you cross paths lol.
Back in 2010 I was walking the embarcadero with a group of friends smoking a "magic cigarette " and happened to walk past Sabean said hello and shook his hand while it was my turn on the cig he said " smells good , be careful there is a couple cops a block away from here finish up" probably one of my favorite smoking stories

Back
Top Bottom