Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

How come on tv everyone always talks about the Cubs and nationals and Dodgers .. Why ?! Giants have a better record than almost all of the majors .. They are a proven team with the ws yet still no respect
The Cubs haven't won in 108 years. The Nats have Bryce Harper. The dodgers are in the 2nd biggest market in the country.

The Giants? They just quietly go about their business. They come off as the type that like to not be in the spotlight.

Very wired series. We could have easily been swept and we could have easily gotten a sweep but in the end another series win. Cueto really woke up the Phillies in the 4th when he hit Franco after 3 Giants had been hit. That 4th definitely cost him a chance at a win.

Last edited:
Very wired series. We could have easily been swept and we could have easily gotten a sweep but in the end another series win. Cueto really woke up the Phillies in the 4th when he hit Franco after 3 Giants had been hit. That 4th definitely cost him a chance at a win.
I think too much is being made of the Franco HBP.  Watching the game, it was clear to me that things started to fall apart when Cueto and Posey both thought that the next batter had struck out looking, but the ump called it a ball.  I believe that it was this point where things fell apart for Cueto.  He didnt "wake up the Phillies" like you and media outlets are saying.

My 2 cents anyway.

Judging by Franco's reaction when he drew a walk in his next at bat against Johnny, he looked "woke up"

What do we attribute losing the lead on 3 different occasions to? Cueto was already out of the game when the Phillies scored their 6th and 7th runs.

I feel like we always lose to the A's.  I dont know if we do, but it sure feels that way.  The A's are in the middle of their World Series, while its just another series to us.

Hope we dont get swept.  lol

[emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji]

Disgusting performance by the bullpen tonight.

Javier Lopez looking similar to how Affeldt looked his final year. Just does not have it.

I hope the front office is not just relying on Romo's return as the solution to this issue. I do not have confidence in one guy to get both RH & LH batters out. Bullpen needs to be top priority come the trade deadline.

Back
Top Bottom