OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I genuinely don't understand the talk around Arkansas firing Sam Pittman. He's a good coach brought that program back to relevancy and now after a couple of down seasons they want to fire him?

I understand Arkansas getting rid of Chad Morris after he turned up program into one of the worst teams in P5 but I don't understand why they would want to get rid of Pittman, especially when there isn't a clear cut better option out there.

Arkansas has only had a winning record in conference play seven out of the 31 years they have been in the SEC, realistically what are their expectations for their football program? Do they realistically expect to compete for the SEC title on a regular basis? Is there plan to just fire a coach every 3-4 years until they find the coach who meets these unrealistic expectations?

Arkansas has wealthy donors or comfortable paying big buyouts but I don't understand what the expectations are that a program is never won anything in their current conference.

I genuinely don't understand the talk around Arkansas firing Sam Pittman. He's a good coach brought that program back to relevancy and now after a couple of down seasons they want to fire him?

I understand Arkansas getting rid of Chad Morris after he turned up program into one of the worst teams in P5 but I don't understand why they would want to get rid of Pittman, especially when there isn't a clear cut better option out there.

Arkansas has only had a winning record in conference play seven out of the 31 years they have been in the SEC, realistically what are their expectations for their football program? Do they realistically expect to compete for the SEC title on a regular basis? Is there plan to just fire a coach every 3-4 years until they find the coach who meets these unrealistic expectations?

Arkansas has wealthy donors or comfortable paying big buyouts but I don't understand what the expectations are that a program is never won anything in their current conference.
Would Jerry Jones hire Deion there? Or does his no blacks rule extend to college too?

Not necessarily college football related but still really interesting. Not surprised that UC schools dominate the list

Wazzu and Oregon State may keep the conference at 2 for the next 1-2 years.

Are there any legal hurdles to them just merging with the MWC and rebranding?

With the way schedules are made I don’t see how it’s conceivable to schedule basically a season’s worth of what would be league games in a couple of months.

BYU did it but BYU had been planning on going Indy for a while.

Are there any legal hurdles to them just merging with the MWC and rebranding?

With the way schedules are made I don’t see how it’s conceivable to schedule basically a season’s worth of what would be league games in a couple of months.

BYU did it but BYU had been planning on going Indy for a while.
I’m not certain. The logistics of a merger in time for 2024 I think are difficult: who absorbs who? They’d presumably keep the pac 12 name for the P5 benefits but would they just change the signs in the MWC offices? What happens to the P12 network employees and infrastructure?

Because conferences apparently have a 2 year grace period to meet NCAA conference membership rules, some talk about keeping things as they are for now and just doing a scheduling agreement with the MWC while they figure it out and force the playoff to honor its agreements with the pac.

Back
Top Bottom