OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

How Brent Venables changed my view on Oklahoma’s ‘no-visit’ policy​

“What’s not fair about it?” Venables asked back. “Go take as many visits (as you want). Literally, I say that. Do you know how many people I’ve tried to talk out of committing?

Here’s Venables’ view on commitment: When you tell Oklahoma you’re committed, that word carries the literal definition. That means no more visits, no more drama, no second-guessing. If you do any of those things, then Venables no longer views you as a committed member of the Sooners’ recruiting class. The player isn’t even listed on their board. Venables actively tries to talk recruits out of committing too soon by stressing the importance of the word commitment and what it means to him — all to avoid drama down the road. That’s his philosophy.

justin-timberlake-straight-face.gif

If it ain’t Cam the list is a sham
I understand the Baker argument... He started for 3+ full seasons. How many QBs can say that? Statistically probably no one else is seeing him. And multiple CFP appearances. Besides Stetson, Jalen, Tua, and CJ, I can't think of another QB?

Top 20 list from that article:
1. Mayfield
2. Cam
3. Vince Young
4. Tebow
5. Burrow
6. Watson
7. Kyler
8. Lamar Jackson
9. Mariota
10. RGIII
11. Trevor Lawrence
12. Colt McCoy
13. Manziel
14. Kellen Moore
15. Bradford
16. Winston
17. Leinart
18. Luck
19. Bryce Young
20. CJ Stroud

1. Mayfield
2. Cam
3. Vince Young
4. Tebow
5. Burrow
6. Watson
7. Kyler
8. Lamar Jackson
9. Mariota
10. RGIII
11. Trevor Lawrence
12. Colt McCoy
13. Manziel
14. Kellen Moore
15. Bradford
16. Winston
17. Leinart
18. Luck
19. Bryce Young
20. CJ Stroud
That's a pretty ****** list :lol:

I always wonder what they base these lists off of. Is burrow a top ten all time or did he have an amazing season? Enough to put him ahead of Deshaun? Eh. Some weird selections

I understand the Baker argument... He started for 3+ full seasons. How many QBs can say that? Statistically probably no one else is seeing him. And multiple CFP appearances. Besides Stetson, Jalen, Tua, and CJ, I can't think of another QB?

Winning a natty has to account for something though right? I’m not saying he shouldn’t be top ten but at the same time the CFP wasn’t around for Cam, Vince, or Tebow

I wonder if an athlete has ever had gastric bypass surgery during their career. I wonder if it would be feasible for dudes like this.

He’s really athletic too.

Unless they were lying about his weight, I honestly don’t know how you gain 50 pounds without the S&C staff and nutritionist not being on his ***.

1. Mayfield
2. Cam
3. Vince Young
4. Tebow
5. Burrow
6. Watson
7. Kyler
8. Lamar Jackson
9. Mariota
10. RGIII
11. Trevor Lawrence
12. Colt McCoy
13. Manziel
14. Kellen Moore
15. Bradford
16. Winston
17. Leinart
18. Luck
19. Bryce Young
20. CJ Stroud

JFF is the best college QB to play in that system. Baker should be in the teens.

If it's based on longevity I'm not sure how you've got some of these names up so high :lol:

If it's pure ability and performance, in what ways was Baker any better than Sam Bradford let alone some of the other greats we've seen at the position the last 20+ years

Do Jason White and Eric Crouch qualify for that list????

Jason White better than Baker too :lol: :lol:

No Ken Dorsey?

And those numbers are inflated because of Bowl game stats and the CFP.

Baker literally gets like 8 extra games of stats that are included into his overall numbers. In the past, players didn’t get credit for bowl game stats.

For instance, if Barry Sanders bowl stats were included his heisman season, he had like 3,000+ rushing yards for that 1988 season

Last edited:
Statistically Dorsey was pretty mid. He was a winner more than an individual talent.

I know his numbers were average but is the list going to be about numbers or impact? Can’t talk about CFB in the 2000s without the U and Dorsey

Baker had more arm talent but both guys benefitted from having exceptional skill position players around them.

Lmao y’all hired a blatant racist as your recruiting director? Oh nepotism.

Dude seems like a scumbag. The sad part is that there are many people with these views who work at universities and work with young, black men. Most of them are just smart enough not to put it on social media

1. Mayfield
2. Cam
3. Vince Young
4. Tebow
5. Burrow
6. Watson
7. Kyler
8. Lamar Jackson
9. Mariota
10. RGIII
11. Trevor Lawrence
12. Colt McCoy
13. Manziel
14. Kellen Moore
15. Bradford
16. Winston
17. Leinart
18. Luck
19. Bryce Young
20. CJ Stroud

I'm going to go full UGA homer here but it's kind of wild that Stetson Bennett isn't in the top 20. 4-0 in CFP games and the MVP of all 4 CFP games he was in. That being said, that's a tough list to crack with a lot of high school winners and really successful QBs. Not sure who I would take off

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
And those numbers are inflated because of Bowl game stats and the CFP.

Baker literally gets like 8 extra games of stats that are included into his overall numbers. In the past, players didn’t get credit for bowl game stats.

For instance, if Barry Sanders bowl stats were included his heisman season, he had like 3,000+ rushing yards for that 1988 season

All of these guys are post 2000 so all of their stats include bowl games and CFP games. Also, Baker never won a CFP game so it's not like he benefited from playing that additional 15th game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom