OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Jackson man
E6wHQg6XEAAwWFX.jpeg

holeup (1).png
the way these doods treat the refs (especially CP) I’m not surprised….you reap what you soe

Believe it was the Hawks and Mavs that were high on Giannis. Mavs were saving up money for free agency, and the Hawks couldn't get high enough in the draft.

Ifrc Danny Ferry at the time fired someone in the organization who went on to get hired by the bucks before the draft. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how they got put onto/convinced to take Giannis. But yea the Hawks at that time where recruiting Giannis hard. Even tried to keep it under wraps. Either way they thought about moving up but didn’t cause they thought they would be safe and he would fall to one of their picks...safe to say Ferry made the wrong call on that.

When Antetokounmpo flew to New York for the 2013 draft, he didn't go directly to New York; first he stopped in Atlanta, where members of the Hawks had developed a relationship with Giorges Panou, one of Antetokounmpo's representatives in Greece, and fellow agent Alex Saratsis. It's where Antetokounmpo first met Atlanta's first-year coach Budenholzer, who of course, has been piloting the Bucks the past three seasons. It was Antetokounmpo's first trip to the United States. Atlanta very badly wanted to draft him and had two picks in the first round, at Nos. 17 and 18. The organization went to great lengths to keep his visit (along with brother Thanasis) under wraps, insisting on back-door entrances and quiet on social media. Assistant GM Wes Wilcox said the club even discussed ways to get the brothers to their airport gate without walking through the concourses."At that point, no one knew he was coming except our owner and Bud and Kenny (Atkinson) and assistant GM Wes," said Danny Ferry, then director of basketball operations for the Hawks, on the podcast. "When he got there, I pulled the staff together and said this kid's here, I don't want anyone to know of our interest. ... He came to the arena and he walked into the arena. It was dark, he was with his brother. The joy that he had and the excitement, the energy he walked in there with. It was kind of his first wow, this is going to be my life. I'm going to play in places like this, living in America, playing in the best league in the world. He was just star-eyed. His eyes were almost watering, he was so excited to be in the United States and play basketball in the NBA."
Wilcox conveyed a brief anecdote that he picked up the brothers from the physical on highly visible Peachtree Street and hurriedly rushed them into his car, trying not to generate attention.
Wilcox said he vividly remembers how grateful the Antetokounmpo brothers were when they discovered they would get to keep some of the workout gear from the visit.
"I have it to this day," Antetokounmpo said, adding that he filled a suitcase-sized bag with shoes to bring back home to his family. "There's no way on earth I'm giving it back. They gave me flip flops, they gave me shoes, they gave me socks. Nobody gave me socks before. They gave me all this stuff, and I said, Giroges, you've got to tell them from where I came from, I'm not giving this back.
"There's so much talent in Africa, but if you give a pair of shoes in Africa, he's going to remember that for the rest of his life. They cared about me. Maybe (in) the NBA, that's how it works, a draft pick comes in and gets free stuff. But at the time, I was thinking, 'They cared about me, they gave me free stuff.' I loved every second of it."
Antetokounmpo also described his first time seeing Ferry's house, where he played ping-pong and chess and ate pasta, and Budenholzer was there for the festivities. Antetokounmpo vowed to work as hard as possible to achieve the same level of riches.
"They had this car service," Antetokounmpo said, describing the scene as he was leaving. "They were joking around with Giorges, 'We'll see you in a few, you know? See you in a few days.' I'm a person that visualized stuff, so I already visualized myself being around Atlanta. So yeah, 'We'll see you in a few days, Giannis.' Yeah, that never happened."

Last edited:
Foster is reffin tonight, Bucks gon blow Phoenix out of the water. Ayton will be in foul trouble the 1st 4min of the game :lol:

Giannis with 50.
Khris Midrange with 35 and 10 assists
Book with 40 but in foul trouble early in the 3rd
Cp ejected in the 4th and borderline putting hands on Scott Foster.

I understand what y'all are doing with these names but reading them gives me a headache for some reason :lol:

Honestly, we shouldn’t even know their names. If you know a refs name it’s usually not a good sign :lol:

Come on, y'all being silly now. :lol:

Ed Rush, Ed Malloy, Courtney Kirkland, Mark Davis, etc. etc.

As much ball as I know you guys watch, y'all can't front like you don't know the names man.

And it's not because they did anything outlandish that we know these names either.

It's the same as listing NT members. You see them often enough, you'll eventually know the names.

It's kinda ironic how cp depends on the refs so much yet his arch nemesis is a ref. And it was very weak for him to call that out in that presser '11 in a row'. As if your flopping and missed shots and turnovers didn't contribute. Can't stand that dude.

Aww man, ALL of this right here I agree with.

I just hope the Suns don't go out sad.

I don't want to see long camera shots of the bench and dudes staring into space for the entire 4th quarter.

mourning-nod.gif

Just a good, competitive game is all I want. And a Bucks W.

As much ball as I know you guys watch, y'all can't front like you don't know the names man.
I know 4 names right off the top of my head. Joey Crawford, Violet Palmer, Tim Donaghy, Scott Foster.

I know one of those names because the name is groundbreaking.

I know another one of those names because that referee was around long enough to have sent Moses to the free throw line, and also because that ref's ego was ginormous w/ a quick trigger.

Then the other 2 names I know for bad reasons. So that's 3/4 bad. 😬

Generally speaking, knowing a ref's name is not a good thing.
It's the same as listing NT members.
Definitely not. It's not anyone's job in here to be contrary, obtuse robbers of joy. Some delight in it anyways, but it's still not anyone's job in here.

-foe

I know refs names from hearing them so often, but I have no clue which calls they’re making on the court so I don’t really have an opinion.

The ONLY person that really sticks out was Joey Crawford because he was absolutely horrible and ejected people for literally nothing.

I know 4 names right off the top of my head. Joey Crawford, Violet Palmer, Tim Donaghy, Scott Foster.

I know one of those names because the name is groundbreaking, I know another one of those names because that referee was around long enough to have sent Moses to the free throw line.

Then the other 2 names I know for bad reasons. So that's half. 😬

Generally speaking, knowing a ref's name is not a good thing. Definitely not. It's not anyone's job in here to be contrary, obtuse robbers of joy. Some delight in it anyways, but it's still not anyone's job in here.

-foe

Bro, YOU?

You don't know names?? :lol:

Respectfully, you got a good memory/brain in your head.

Hard to think you wouldn't come up with more than 4 names if a gun was to your head. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom