OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Texas isn't careful, at least football wise they could become the SEC version of Nebraska. The mystery here is obviously how well Sark will do and if he can quickly turn this around.

I believe OU and Texas to the SEC is a done deal. When does that take place? Next year? Do they play out their deal with the Big 12?

I think Texas has failed to recognize the reality that kids in Texas have so many more options than UT.
BUT THEY'RE DBU!

Texas has always had more money than God and has been so woefully unattractive and toxic a coaching opportunity that they've hired Charlie Strong, Tom Herman and Steve Sarkisian since firing Mack Brown despite numerous attempts in each search to lure high-profile mega-stars with unlimited funds to do so.

Good luck, boys.

If Texas isn't careful, at least football wise they could become the SEC version of Nebraska. The mystery here is obviously how well Sark will do and if he can quickly turn this around.

I believe OU and Texas to the SEC is a done deal. When does that take place? Next year? Do they play out their deal with the Big 12?

I feel the same way. I could be wrong but I can see Texas playing themselves into a relevancy by jumping into the deep end of the pool. If Sark is the guy we think he is, then Texas will be fine but if not I see plenty of 6-6 seasons in their future

From what I've read, the earliest it would take place is 2025 when the current Big 12 media deal is up.

I’m not even trying to hate on Texas but given their recent trend I truly don’t think they’re gonna have success in the SEC.

Oklahoma may take a small step back too but this could be rough for Texas
Texas needs to be reaaaal careful they don't speed this thing up and end up moving over in the next couple years.

Roster is horrendously unprepared for the SEC.

They needed Sark to win a couple of conference titles and pick up some steam.

BUT THEY'RE DBU!

Texas has always had more money than God and has been so woefully unattractive and toxic a coaching opportunity that they've hired Charlie Strong, Tom Herman and Steve Sarkisian since firing Mack Brown despite numerous attempts in each search to lure high-profile mega-stars with unlimited funds to do so.

Good luck, boys.

Yes they are famb. I read this post with the Eyes of Texas playing in my heart and tears in my eyes. I say this a lifelong UT fan as of two minutes ago.

Texas needs to be reaaaal careful they don't speed this thing up and end up moving over in the next couple years.

McMurphy said this morning it could happen as early as 2022 :lol:. Big 12 probably isn’t incentivized to give them the boot, but man if they do then that would set off a crazy chain reaction.

McMurphy said this morning it could happen as early as 2022 :lol:. Big 12 probably isn’t incentivized to give them the boot, but man if they do then that would set off a crazy chain reaction.

2022?! that would be wild. Texas will be Vandy status in less than a decade

Things I'm hearing from the KU side of the house.
  1. KU knew this was coming. Sooner than expected.
  2. They are being proactive and not reactive like the last go around.
  3. KU is setting up phone calls with the B10.
OU, my guess will be fine. I still don't see them beating the top tier of the SEC consistently and certainly not Bama. UT, on the other hand better enjoy counting those bucks because unless Sark blows it out of the water they are going to be in BIG trouble.

Boooooooy they better hope not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look at the potential 8-team alignments... They better than.. Arkansas and Mizzou? Who else? Certainly not A&M, Oklahoma, LSU... probably not Ole Miss. Maybe Mississippi State? You know they'll get a draw of at least one of the big teams in the East in Year 1 - and they're not better than any of those 4. Woof.

Boooooooy they better hope not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look at the potential 8-team alignments... They better than.. Arkansas and Mizzou? Who else? Certainly not A&M, Oklahoma, LSU... probably not Ole Miss. Maybe Mississippi State? You know they'll get a draw of at least one of the big teams in the East in Year 1 - and they're not better than any of those 4. Woof.

I don’t even think they’re better than Arkansas and Mizzou currently. Have they beaten an actual good team in the regular season recently? Hell Maryland was beating that *** :lol:

To put things in perspective, Texas went 6-3 against a Big 12 schedule where they played two ranked teams.
Screenshot_20210723-123905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Unless they have some crazy roster turnover, they won't be ready to play the Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia, etc of the world by 2022. They're just going to get pushed around in the trenches.

Currently, Texas would struggle with the Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee of the world

I don't think Sark signed up for all this 😆

I mean Sark definitely knew if this thing has been in the works since early last year. He absolutely signed up for this :lol:.Coaches are mostly irrational though too, which coach doesn’t think that they can succeed at their school when they take the job? Especially with resources like Texas.

Sounds a lot like the conversation about A&M a decade ago

Other boards are saying the B10 has been talking to PAC schools (Oregon and USC). I dno how much truth there is to that (probably none) but that would be wild having a conference spanning from NJ to Cal.

nako xl nako xl have you heard any USC chatter?

Greg Fluguar:

BTM

“Big Ten has been proactive. They have support of Media partner in FOX Sports in looking at National Conference option with different regional alignments for Pods. Will shuffle through larger options first. Preliminary direct talks with some PAC schools were done weeks ago”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom