OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Thamel said today that it was TAMU that leaked it intentionally during media days to try to sabotage Texas and OU doing it.

Said it was a TAMU beat writer and said it was great reporting but that it was curious.
I don't know how much I buy that A&M decided to take a dump on their own Media Day coming into the biggest season/best position they've had in 3 decades. You just finished #4 in the country. You enter this year comfortably inside the Top 10 and some places in the Top 5. Your schedule is favorable for you to make a run. You've got All-American and All-SEC guys and potentially 4 NFL 1st rounders all over your roster.

And THAT is the day you decided to leak?

Maybe they did. But why would you want to distract from your own spotlight and have your entire crew having to answer questions about Texas and Oklahoma? It's not like this just popped up. And if you're hoping state legislature sabotages it, wouldn't you want it out WAY earlier than the point of Texas and Oklahoma are getting ready to tell the Big12 they're out?

Just would be a weird decision to have yesterday be the day you leak it if you're A&M.

OkSt is what I keep telling people liberal conjecture and innuendo is. Leeching off of hardworking OU instead of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

OkSt is what I keep telling people liberal conjecture and innuendo is. Leeching off of hardworking OU instead of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.
Maybe this is the joke, but weren't Sooners just people with no legal title to land they stole and claimed as theirs? :lol:

What I have read and heard...

1. OU and Texas did reach out to the SEC as a pair. It did not mean they were 100% wanting to go. Mostly looking at leverage.

2. OU and Texas are looking to get paid SEC type money---- but stay in the B12. How in the world does that happen you ask? By cutting the other eight. OU and Texas get $70 mill per year that comes off the top. The other eight share what is left over. ($20-some mill per school). You want to sit at he big boy table and call yourself a P5 school? That is going to be the price. The ask for this comes at a meeting this afternoon at 5:00 p.m..

3. Texas A&M is indeed doing everything they can to nix the deal. That is why they gave their beat reporter the scoop and he made the first report yesterday. Texas A&M likely to be looking at trouble including fines for doing so."

Maybe this is the joke, but weren't Sooners just people with no legal title to land they stole and claimed as theirs? :lol:

You are correct. It use to carry a negative connation for the very reasons you stated but sometime in the 1920s it became a nickname of pride. It is very ironic that a large population of the OU fan base is Native.

What I have read and heard...
2. OU and Texas are looking to get paid SEC type money---- but stay in the B12. How in the world does that happen you ask? By cutting the other eight. OU and Texas get $70 mill per year that comes off the top. The other eight share what is left over. ($20-some mill per school). You want to sit at he big boy table and call yourself a P5 school? That is going to be the price. The ask for this comes at a meeting this afternoon at 5:00 p.m..

$70 million? Lol what a crock of ****.

Where do I sign up?

This is brazy
It's either a power play to hold the rest of the conference hostage or the deed is done.

They basically decided to shoot 8 athletic departments in the back of the dome with a 12-gauge. :lol: :lol:

Kansas will land in the Big10, in all likelihood. West Virginia maybe makes sense for the ACC or Big10. Who else finds a comfy landing?

Baylor and TCU could easily find themselves outcast to the AAC. The hell do Tech and Oklahoma State do?

Kansas will land in the Big10, in all likelihood. West Virginia maybe makes sense for the ACC or Big10. Who else finds a comfy landing?
WVU could be on the outside looking in. ACC wasn’t a big fan of them last go around and their academics are not close to being up to par for the B1G.

WVU could be on the outside looking in. ACC wasn’t a big fan of them last go around and their academics are not close to being up to par for the B1G.
The question becomes where does the ACC find expansion? Them and the B1G will go to war over ND.

Then what? Does the loser stay at 14?

The question becomes where does the ACC find expansion? Them and the B1G will go to war over ND.

Then what? Does the loser stay at 14?
I think that ND is bound to join the ACC if they give up their independent status. Could see Cincinnati getting the nod for the ACC too.

It's either a power play to hold the rest of the conference hostage or the deed is done.

They basically decided to shoot 8 athletic departments in the back of the dome with a 12-gauge. :lol: :lol:

Baylor and TCU could easily find themselves outcast to the AAC. The hell do Tech and Oklahoma State do?
A lot of USC (and Colorado) —> B1G smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom