OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

A&M, Arkansas and Missouri have zero incentive to bring those two into the fold. You'd have to have unanimous buy-in from everyone else to get that vote approved. There's no way.

No reason? Why is there ever expansion in college football. They're bringing in two of the top 10 revenue generating teams in the country. The pool of money will get even bigger in the SEC.

They would need to realign the entire conference. I'd imagine Alabama or Auburn would join the SEC East (or whatever they would call it)

No.

A&M, Arkansas and Missouri have zero incentive to bring those two into the fold. You'd have to have unanimous buy-in from everyone else to get that vote approved. There's no way.
Sounds like they actually only need majority approval. Those 3 probably won’t have as much power as you’d think, IMO. Especially with the possibility of adding those 2 brands to the conference.

Sounds like they actually only need majority approval. Those 3 probably won’t have as much power as you’d think, IMO. Especially with the possibility of adding those 2 brands to the conference.
Used to be 11 of 14 had to say yes... At least that's what it was when A&M and Mizzou joined.

How politically tied is OU to OkSt?

The B1G would probably scoop up KU in this scenario but I’m not sure who that 16th team would be.

How politically tied is OU to OkSt?

The B1G would probably scoop up KU in this scenario but I’m not sure who that 16th team would be.

OU and OkSt are very politically tied. No way the boosters or politicians would let one leave without taking the other.

Yup. So they need 11. And Oklahoma still has the Oklahoma State issue. Texas would have fits dumping Baylor and Tech and TCU.

A&M and Mizzou and Arkansas would all be hard 'no' on adding either of them. Too much history and bad blood from past dealings.

You'd have to convince LSU it's worth adding another regional power or two. If this thing expands AGAIN, do Florida and South Carolina want to vote against A&M and risk having the vote go against them if/when it comes to Clemson or FSU or Miami?

Too much politics at play. Especially with regards to dealing with Texas.

I think convincing LSU and others is more of a $$$ convo, but we’ll see how it plays out. We seem about due for some more realignment to shake up things.

Why is the A&M president so worried about Texas/Oklahoma joining the SEC? :lol:
They left on insanely bad terms with Texas politically... Just think they want nothing to do with Texas at any level.

And it's kind of inarguable what being in the SEC has done for A&M's profile as a football program. Keeping that edge is obviously something they should want to fight to protect.

Also feels hilariously scripted/planned that this pops up on A&M's rotation at SEC Media days.

I member doing that mega conference thing in NCAA Football 14 TX and OU don't want them problems.

I don’t think A&M would take issue with Oklahoma on their own.

But the whole ‘dealing with Texas’ thing is a non-starter for the three that have experience in it.

If it does happen…

Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, A&M, LSU, Ole Miss and State

Bama, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Vandy, USC

That’s a whole lot of god damned good football and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom