OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
12?

Nah. 8 would be the sweet spot.

đź’Ż. I agree. Eight is the perfect number. Five conference champions and three at large bids. Also, giving the top four seeds a bye gives them too great of an advantage, IMO. Imagine playing a top 10 opponent and then playing Alabama or Ohio State when they've had a bye week to prepare.

The current championship game participants play like 15 games already, the “no change” ppl being over dramatic about an extra game or 2 when most of em ain’t care before bout the players and their compensation for the current schedule

“We’ve always honored the sanctity of the bowl experience,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said. “And we tried to do things to help everybody in the bowl and college football ecosystem.”

“[It’s about] the history and the commitment of the bowls to the process and giving them a chance to continue to be relevant to the (new) system,” said Craig Thompson, commissioner of the Mountain West.

I cannot imagine how fun (and easier) this would be if they played these in home stadiums.

So we can only guess the amount of money being doled out by these bowls and cities under the table. The leaders of college football do not care about most past traditions, or giving a free handout to anyone. They would kill to play all 16 games at their home field if they could.

So Clemson and ucla are the only schools not scheduling official visits in June and saving them all for fall :lol:

I would be shocked if this 12 team playoff got shot down. These conference commissioners are definitely dreaming of the future $$'s this will bring the programs.

For me the bowl experience has been sugar coated over the years also with so many games hardly anyone cares about. Adding 2 additional games is a no brainer at this point. I do feel for the players that would have to potentially play in 17 games though...

So Clemson and ucla are the only schools not scheduling official visits in June and saving them all for fall :lol:
Clemson I definitely get. What is there to see in these bumpkin *** towns in the summer? Kids still will take unofficial visits and get a bag anyways :lol:. UCLA is stupid, but is that at all tied to admissions?

Clemson I definitely get. What is there to see in these bumpkin *** towns in the summer? Kids still will take unofficial visits and get a bag anyways :lol:. UCLA is stupid, but is that at all tied to admissions?
Nope. Stanford is hosting summer visits and they can't even take signees in the December period.

Chip is just delaying recruiting until he absolutely has to.

Brax and Troy won’t be able to recruit Ohio kids right? That’s how IMG works in FL I think.

HS coaches in MI are going to lose their **** but I think that could be a really good opportunity for a lot of kids up here.

Y'all copping the USC's?

1623506642897.png

The racism and hatred that you will have to experience living there so might as well go during that time. Heat + Crappy people = N Word flying.

“[Larry Scott’s] heading out the door having earned about $45 million in salary during his tenure at the Pac-12.

Meanwhile, the Pac-12 Networks … his baby … have paid each school just $20 million over that time.”

**** this dude

MVP MVP Don't you Florida cats have your own rappers? Why do you have to jack Atlanta rappers to rep the Gators? At least use a Kodak or Rick Ross edit

12 is laughable. Congrats to the teams who lost 3 games and will still have a shot at a natty

IMO, part of the reason that they went to 12 games is that this is a response to players opting out of regular season games. Obviously the 20/20 season was unlike any other with the virus and protocols but the idea of top players sitting out regular season games must be scary to the powers that be in college football.

It started with bowl games a couple of years ago, and now players are opting out the moment their team isn't in contention anymore.

More teams In the playoff field means more games with championship relevance down the stretch which means players are less likely to opt out now.

IMO, part of the reason that they went to 12 games is that this is a response to players opting out of regular season games. Obviously the 20/20 season was unlike any other with the virus and protocols but the idea of top players sitting out regular season games must be scary to the powers that be in college football.

It started with bowl games a couple of years ago, and now players are opting out the moment their team isn't in contention anymore.

More teams In the playoff field means more games with championship relevance down the stretch which means players are less likely to opt out now.

Im sure that’s part of as well. At the end of the day it’s all about money IMO and that’s what they’re trying to do.

To me it just makes the regular season games less important. I’d be fine with 6 or 8, but I don’t think a team ranked outside of the top 10 (really the top 8 ) has any business competing for a championship

Last edited:

If this is their motivation for adding MORE games, then they don't understand why kids are opting out.

I think your reasoning is over thinking things though. The playoffs games = a lot of made money. More playoffs games in theory = more money. I don't think the playoffs committee or powers that be really care about opt outs, because like we're already seeing with the transfer portal they think that will naturally police and sort itself out. Kids will stop opting out when it stops being as advantageous for them and their handlers/agents stop urging them to as often as they are currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom