OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can agree to disagree. What makes these games stand out in our minds is that the stakes are so high. Think about the kick six Auburn versus Alabama. It was a great game and the stakes were incredibly high because it eliminated Alabama from competing for a championship. Think about the 2012 SEC title game, UGA versus Alabama. The stakes were incredibly high and that's why it's a memorable game.

What is the last memorable regular season college basketball game. You can remember? There aren't any because every team is going to make the the tournament anyway so most top five matchups have zero consequence
Each team also plays like 35 regular season college basketball games or something like that and then has a conference tournament for auto-bids and a ton of games are on weeknights - so they're all watered down by default.

Yea they put together the “top” teams in college bball aim the regular season all the time , just must not be watching :lol: …Regardless, games before the tourney still matters cuz you gotta justify some reason to get picked in March

Every top 25 team, and basically every team with a post makes the tournament so there's no point in watching the sport before the tournament ( unless you were just a die-hard college basketball fan).

Excuse my ignorance. How is half the playoff guaranteed to be sec? If bama lost the sec title game, they would’ve been out. If GA had lost a game coming into the sec title then lost as they did they would’ve been out.

Wouldn't be so sure of that.

Excuse my ignorance. How is half the playoff guaranteed to be sec? If bama lost the sec title game, they would’ve been out. If GA had lost a game coming into the sec title then lost as they did they would’ve been out.

That scenario is talking about a 8 or 12 team playoff. Even if Georgia or Alabama had lost an additional game, they would both be in the playoffs in that scenario and they would likely still make the championship game because they are the two most talented teams

Lol you want that to be true but PAC 12 is easily the sorriest P5 conference.
Pac is the sorriest P5 by far. But in your haste to cape for a conference that doesn't even want you, you missed the point:

The criticism of the Pac as related to the playoffs is often "they don't make it." Sure. That's true. Hence the, being the sorriest.

But the ACC got one team in, in year 1 - FSU - as did the Pac 12 who mopped the ACC's representative.

Ovg2DeA.gif

Since then the ACC has been represented in the playoff 5 times, for sure. But, like I said, BESIDES Clemson, no other ACC team has even come close to being in the playoffs since FSU's first year in. Wasn't this the first year since 2014 the ACC even had a champion that wasn't Clemson?

At least the Pac 12 got someone else in more recently (2016.) If it isn't Clemson then it's no one, as the ACC proved this year.

What's funny is if I'd made this same point about how no one but Oklahoma has won the big 12 or come close to being in the playoff you'd understand it and agree. But because y'all want the run off from Clemson's accolades, pointing the same out for the ACC which Miami is a perennial cellar dweller in, it's a sticking point.

Wait I’m supposed to believe the rest of the SEC (besides Bama and UGA) who just got their sh*t pushed in my a bunch of G5 teams and everyone else would be the final 4 every year?

:rofl:
They didn't want to be there for those games. It just [didn't] matter more.

At least the Pac 12 got someone else in more recently (2016.) If it isn't Clemson then it's no one, as the ACC proved this year.
:lol: Who did y’all get in for 2016? My point was that the PAC 12 is the worst P5. You just made a long winded post where you came to the same conclusion. Glad we’re in agreeement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom