OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting that Dabo is just keeping it in the family

water.gif

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne N41D N41D dacomeup dacomeup theres a Kedon Slovis and JT Daniels hill we’re going to fight on, but I’m tabling it until after signing day.

“I think going into the year, hoping to be a first or second round pick, and obviously the year wasn't what we wanted, it didn't turn out to be the way we wanted to be … I just want to bet on myself and I think I'm a better player than, you know, the projections I was seeing at the end of the year. I understand why those projections came back a certain way, but with two years of eligibility remaining there's no reason for me not to not to come back and give it give it another shot." - Kedon Slovis

Last edited:
N41D N41D Maalik Murphy's stopped answering calls from any Texas reporters. Apparently he's not happy with the Quinn Ewers transfer news and previously told them he wouldn't be ok with it.
He damn right shouldn't be happy. This kid has been so pro Texas his whole time and then bam, Mr. Ewers is coming.

I kind of feel for the kid. But its the game. Better ask ASU if they still want you.
Maalik isn’t very good though so why wouldn’t they recruit over him?

The other Texas QBs didn’t want anything to do with them. You can’t turn down a second pass at Ewers, even if I do think he’s a little overrated as the OMG HES SO GOOD CANT MISS guy he’s made out to be.

Now if they strung him along and told him he was Their guy all the way… that’s another thing.
Welp, he’s not good enough to not recruit over :lol:. Probably not good enough to play by Year 2, either?
:lol: Right.

Was always kind of a spare that looks great in t-shirts and shorts and then put together a kinda dud of a senior year.

The other Texas QBs didn’t want anything to do with them. You can’t turn down a second pass at Ewers, even if I do think he’s a little overrated as the OMG HES SO GOOD CANT MISS guy he’s made out to be.

Now if they strung him along and told him he was Their guy all the way… that’s another thing.

Was always kind of a spare that looks great in t-shirts and shorts and then put together a kinda dud of a senior year.
No dispute at all. BUT, Sark was all in with Maalik, to his face. Maalik got caught slippin here. He wasn't expecting this at all. Remember, at the time he committed, he was still considered very good and Texas was "fortunate" to have him. But once the season began, he didnt look so hot. Maalik pretty much put everyone on pause/mute this whole time and now he has to scramble. A bunch of the schools that really wanted him (i.e. UCLA) have moved on. His back up plan is going to be a shock.

He knew they were recruiting a 2nd QB because they were trying to snipe Devin Brown and Cade Klubnik all year too, but Texas reporters are saying he made it clear to UT he didn’t like it and then they took the Ewers transfer out of nowhere.

Ewers has also been in college working out for a year so it’s not the same as just another undeveloped high school kid just getting adjusted at the same time as he is. Ewers has a head start. It wouldn’t be a fair fight (unless Ewers sucks.)

No dispute at all. BUT, Sark was all in with Maalik, to his face. Maalik got caught slippin here. He wasn't expecting this at all. Remember, at the time he committed, he was still considered very good and Texas was "fortunate" to have him. But once the season began, he didnt look so hot. Maalik pretty much put everyone on pause/mute this whole time and now he has to scramble. A bunch of the schools that really wanted him (i.e. UCLA) have moved on. His back up plan is going to be a shock.
I hope he comes out and screams he was lied to. Throw ‘Em all under the bus.

But man even when he committed it felt like the consensus was “combine warrior but not a good football player yet”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom