OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Miami should've done it sooner, if they wanted Cristobal, but here are reasons I think Manny gets another year

1. They don't have an AD yet; They JUST had Nunez drop out of the running like an hour ago

2. You have key multiple players, including newly name ACC rookie and offensive rookie Van **** rallying for him to return

3. Mel Tucker, Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly all just signed deals between 95M-110M; Mario not taking a cent less.
Miami could've had him for MUCH less in they acted sooner

4. Early signing period is literally 2 weeks away from today and with the USC situation, Oregon IMO would match any Miami offer
All of this is pretty irrelevant, IMO. Guess we’ll just have to wait for the weekend and see if any of this matters. Cristobal is in the middle of a PAC12 CG prep week. You think that they haven’t back channeled their top candidate leading up to this? Especially when he’s an alum and former player with various connections to the admin and boosters.

a few players tweeting to keep a mediocre coach after boosters are fed up with him isn’t gonna do ****.

The price is the price. Mario is probably an $8mill/yr coach in today’s market.He wasn’t going to quit on his team weeks ago to take the Miami job.He still has CFP aspirations prior to last weekend.

Obviously if he takes the Miami job it’s about more than just money. It’s coming home and about his legacy.

also, the old guard boosters are losing power to the new boosters and David Epstein has been leaking **** to make it seem like Miami is a mess in order to scare candidates away and to keep Manny. He’s close with Manny Sr and was the only booster present at Manny’s intro presser. Not buying many of the leaks I’m seeing right now.

Last edited:
mind blown. Perhaps they didnt like the candidates available for the job.
I think Notre Dame is trying their darndest to keep the recruiting class together. A new staff coming in next week if it’s Campbell or in January if it’s Fickell would lose all the kids they’ve got probably.

(I also think they’re broke…)

I personally think Miami should've done it sooner, if they wanted Cristobal, but here are reasons I think Manny gets another year

1. They don't have an AD yet; They JUST had Nunez drop out of the running like an hour ago

2. You have key multiple players, including newly name ACC rookie and offensive rookie Van **** rallying for him to return

3. Mel Tucker, Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly all just signed deals between 95M-110M; Mario not taking a cent less.
Miami could've had him for MUCH less in they acted sooner

4. Early signing period is literally 2 weeks away from today and with the USC situation, Oregon IMO would match any Miami offer
Money people at Miami put it at 85% Mario’s coming after the conference championship game.

Freeman might pay off in the long run considering the upside he has, but one lost recruiting class doesn’t hurt as much as it used to with the portal being a thing now.

If they can get Fickell they should probably wait for him, unless they really are broke which I doubt considering how cheap the ND admin is.

Last edited:
My boy was a sr analyst at CAT. Director was surprised he put in his 2 weeks notice; I'm talking baffled. Told him to hold off and to see what they could offer. Couldn't match offer or give him a direct answer on when he'd become a director. Loyalty is for marriages; not business.
Man, my National Director and President of Office Ops just announced their resignations at 4 PM today amid a reorg due to Humana purchasing us and working on turning us back public. Has me a bit shook, these ladies are basically titans in the industry and are moving on. Immediately went on LinkedIn and updated my profile for recruiters to know I’m looking. Eff loyalty to a business when they’re having to show something to somebody else.
———
But good for Freeman man. Really thought it was gonna be Fickell with Freeman taking over Cincy. Freeman at ND would be fire for him.

You guys think Fickell and Campbell regret sitting by this carousel out? There’s only so many opportunities to get a top 10 job and they passed on 5 of them this cycle. ND might not be top 10 but it’sa historic blue blood and Mecca for all those Midwest white coaches.

Maybe Fickell is just content to ride it out until Ryan Day bolts for the NFL?
Honestly, I think he thinks he can win a national championship this season in a down year for everyone so he's trying to see it through. He told USC he wouldn't talk until after the season. He told Notre Dame the same thing and completely turned down LSU. It probably doesn't help that his wife has gone on the record in interviews to say while she supports whatever move he decides, she hopes he stays at Cincinnati forever :lol:

You're 12-0 with Stetson Bennett as your QB. Yes, it's a ****ing down year. You're 2007 Ohio State with Todd Boeckman :lol:

They didn't give up more than 17 points in any games either (except the 28 Juice Williams dropped on them lol)

Those officials in that game all got investigated and punished for cheating as well.

Y’all bringing up way too many bad memories in this thread

But that should’ve been USC in the title game, buckeyes had no business

Is the Heisman this year going to be Aiden Hutchinson?

If Alabama wins the SEC could it be Will Anderson?

This feels like the perfect year for an unreal defensive player to steal it.

Is the Heisman this year going to be Aiden Hutchinson?

If Alabama wins the SEC could it be Will Anderson?

This feels like the perfect year for an unreal defensive player to steal it.

It should be Will Anderson but I’m sure it won’t. Bryce and Stroud both basically lost it over the weekend, neither should get it IMO. Though I’m sure if Bama beats UGA he will get it

Id love for Anderson to but once Suh didn’t win it that year I feel there will never be another true defensive player to win it

Those officials in that game all got investigated and punished for cheating as well.

Y’all bringing up way too many bad memories in this thread

But that should’ve been USC in the title game, buckeyes had no business
Nah our 2007 team didn't deserve it. Our 2006 and 2008 teams did though. Especially considering our in season point differential and what we did to Michigan and Illinois in those rose bowls :lol:

It should be Will Anderson but I’m sure it won’t. Bryce and Stroud both basically lost it over the weekend, neither should get it IMO. Though I’m sure if Bama beats UGA he will get it

Id love for Anderson to but once Suh didn’t win it that year I feel there will never be another true defensive player to win it
It has to be a defensive player with some offensive highlights like a DT with goalline carries or TE play, or what Honey Badger did that one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom