OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the intention was good but the execution has been poor and there has been plenty of unexpected drawbacks.

The idea was to allow those prospects who were 100% secure in their decision to sign early. No more visits, no more coaches calling and texting you all the time. For a lot of high school kids it can be overwhelming and distracting so I get the idea of wanting to end it early.

In execution, it's been poor. Early signing day should only be for those prospects who don't want to visit anymore, aren't waiting on a better offer. Early signing should only be for those 20%-25% of prospects who are actually ready. For example, Georgia had a player named Dom Blaylock who committed immediately after he was offered as a sophomore and didn't take a visit or entertain another school the entire time he was in high school. This is who the early signing period Is designed for.

If you still think you need to take a visits or you're waiting on a better offer, don't sign early!

Now the early signing period has become the de facto NSD and 90% of prospect sign early when that wasn't the idea. Now you have the unintended consequence of the early signing period pushing, coaching, hiring/firing earlier and earlier.

As others have mentioned, the early signing period be in August, prior to football season If it exists at all If it exists at all. But this brings the added issue of what to do if the coach who recruited you leaves or gets fired?
It's because a lot of kids say they hate recruiting and want an early signing day where they can end the process and just enjoy their last year. Regular school kids have an early signing period: Early decision, which typically falls on 12/1-12/15 (November for Cali I think). They wanted to give the football kids an option similar.

What they SHOULD do is have an early action date on August 31 or something, where kids can do that financial aid paperwork and get locked in with the school with guaranteed scholarships but not be forced to attend. But I know schools hate that because it doesn't benefit them at all when the kid has a whole extra year. The real reason the early signing day is in December is cuz schools want that senior year tape.
If you're going to do an ESD, it needs to be before the season starts. Not immediately after.

Or allow Juniors and Seniors who know where they're going to both sign in February or some time in the summer (for juniors) of their respective class years. Schools won't want that because you're right - the want the tape - but that's the only way it feels like this works.

It's just dumb to have it placed where it is. "Hey sign now or wait two months with a nice dead period thrown in there." Stupidity.

Mans forgot which job he absconded for

1638390950976.png

*insert TO that’s my QB meme*

Curious to see who Mario would hire as OC to maximize TVD and our skill guys’ talent. He obviously would put up numbers under Lane.

Pray Mario keeps the spread/air raid concepts for TVD and our skill guys, if we had a D with a pulse next year we’ll at minimum win the coastal.

I personally think Miami should've done it sooner, if they wanted Cristobal, but here are reasons I think Manny gets another year

1. They don't have an AD yet; They JUST had Nunez drop out of the running like an hour ago

2. You have key multiple players, including newly name ACC rookie and offensive rookie Van **** rallying for him to return

3. Mel Tucker, Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly all just signed deals between 95M-110M; Mario not taking a cent less.
Miami could've had him for MUCH less in they acted sooner

4. Early signing period is literally 2 weeks away from today and with the USC situation, Oregon IMO would match any Miami offer

Big Game Bob bout to get blown out in the cheez it bowl

When you have to announce, "this is still _________," being _______ probably doesn't mean as much as you think.
There has already been talks of bama joining the east or just splitting the entire conference into 4 different section of 4 teams.
They moving Auburn too? Iron Bowl can't go away.
"Our employee didn't tell us he was taking other calls?!"

Right, yeah. Nobody does.

My VP actually asked me that when someone quit this morning.. And expected that people are just going to tell you they're unhappy and looking to leave.

Doesn't happen. At least not anywhere I've ever been.
My boy was a sr analyst at CAT. Director was surprised he put in his 2 weeks notice; I'm talking baffled. Told him to hold off and to see what they could offer. Couldn't match offer or give him a direct answer on when he'd become a director. Loyalty is for marriages; not business.
Thread popping like never before, I love it

LSU is probably the best job, only issue you gotta deal with is battling Saban every year but his old *** had to retire soon and save college football.

The college football arms race gets crazier and crazier. First it was high dollar facilities, now it’s paying coaches CRAZY money. Love to see it

Gonna be more wild when boosters say **** it, and funnel money into local businesses to sponsor these nil deals.
This could have been an email
If it was really 2 minutes, it probably was. "I'm leaving for LSU. Check your emails for more details."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom