OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comes only after they got called out by 2 of the few black players in the league

Keep this energy for the football thread as well. Just cause we are the minority in there doesn't mean you must stay quiet when it comes to the views of the racist and racist apologist in there.

Y’all see this?

C6597B3F-F358-45E3-B88E-7989D9D9E146.png

I’m starting to wonder if these dudes just wanted a day off from playing. No point in a 1 day strike.

This is true, but to be fair to the guy he used as an example, Ballmer has a charitable foundation that his wife runs, which donates money to lots of causes.

I just joined the Board of Directors of a non-profit in LA that arranges for uninsured kids to get healthcare through LA public schools. The Ballmer Group is one of their major donors.

To be clear though, and notwithstanding the foregoing, I agree all NBA owners need to do more with respect to social change than they have been. Way more

Last edited:
I’m starting to wonder if these dudes just wanted a day off from playing. No point in a 1 day strike.

lol let's be serious...they went into battle & realized shortly that they were losing or going to lose. instead of losing the war, they retreated to fight another day. no shame in that.

Racism is white people problem. Not a Black people problem. Putting it on Black people to solve systemic racism is another form of oppression. The players have no obligations at all outside of what they want to do. Applaud them for taking the stand that they did and look forward to what comes out of this.

Racism is white people problem. Not a Black people problem. Putting it on Black people to solve systemic racism is another form of oppression. The players have no obligations at all outside of what they want to do. Applaud them for taking the stand that they did and look forward to what comes out of this.

The white allies need to step up.

Racism is white people problem. Not a Black people problem. Putting it on Black people to solve systemic racism is another form of oppression.
Agreed, totally. Every word.

Myself, though, I haven't looked at these protests as 'We're black and we're going to do something about racism!' Filtering the protests through what you said, which again, I agree with, I've looked at these protests as "We're black, and we're demanding you effers stop this ish! It's not on us to solve it, but y'all better get on it!"

Thoughts?

-foe

Agreed, totally. Every word.

Myself, though, I haven't looked at these protests as 'We're black and we're going to do something about racism!' Filtering the protests through what you said, which again, I agree with, I've looked at these protests as "We're black, and we're demanding you effers stop this ish! It's not on us to solve it, but y'all better get on it!"

Thoughts?

-foe

What does foe mean

David Locke the radio announcer for the Jazz had a pretty raw podcast today. Wow

He was admitting his privilege and saying there’s no black radio announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom