OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the biggest leverage play they could use too

"Lebron james has opted to cancel the season and has exited the meeting" sends shockwaves

wouldn't be the same if it was any other player or team
CP3 or Eagle Dolla hold weight since their the Prez and VP or the NBAPA

But yes Bron >> everyone else

Lakeshow and Clipset tonight

20200826_230750.jpg

Oh man, yeah season done, if the two teams who were most likely going to win the chip wanna end it, it’s over

People were so ready to have basketball back, myself included, because it was something we could all finally look forward to, talk about, and enjoy which was needed after months of lockdowns, COVID, the government being morons, and social injustices. There's a negative component to stopping play for people beyond owners and executives.

:lol: There's the tell.

Considering how many people I've never seen post in the NBA thread pop up out the woodwork to talk about it today, looks like the awareness has been raised more than it was before because of this,

really disappointing to talk to friends/acquantances/co-workers today and see the different opinions on whether the players should play or not.

People outing themselves without even knowing.

Mental notes were taken. Always keep my circle small and times like this makes it easier.

F sports right now. Whether its covid or for social justice, I learned sports is really not needed for me, personally. Sports really did become a distraction from what's going on, unintentionally.

yo I’m being serious, is Twitter a cesspool of the scum of America or is Twitter just an accurate reflection of our country?

some of the **** I just read in the comments of the Bucks statement up there is disgusting

A large % of the ridiculous comments on Twitter are russian and far right bots. They pump up the likes and get the magas riled up.

So who's voice would ring louder than and overrule Doc's on that team?

Playoff P, Trez or Pat Bev?
Just because Kawhi is their best player on the court doesn’t mean his voice is the most important on social justice

I’m not saying anything against kawhi. Maybe it was him

The guys who spoke for Milwaukee were Hill and brown

This is irresponsible.

This is hard. I kind of understand both sides of this. I think some NBA players think playing is an opportunity for them to continue to make revenue, to continue to provide for their communities. There are a lot of players that are trying to make big differences on and off the court (i.e. Chris Paul getting his teammates to vote, LeBron's school). I can't be too hard on any athlete that wants sports to be their opportunity to continue the conversation.

With that said, as a Black male, it's hard seeing such passive messages (i.e. writing Black Lives Matter on the court, when the DuVos and that retched woman Kelly Loeffler own the Magic and Atlanta Dream).

I'm getting closer to my 30s, and the reality is not enough is being reinforced for us to ensure a safe environment of existence. The virus has given us whom are among the living the opportunity to reflect on how _ed the state of our world (most notably, the US) really is. I think it's time for us to address so many problems (financial inequity, unemployment), but it's time we start to see some change. If the NBA wants to stop to reinforce that, I'm all for it.

Guess Bron finished that Malcom book after all :lol:

He's going to really be bout it after I send him The Assassination of Fred Hampton.

If there were only 2 teams that voted to not play, games will likely resume. They won't play tomorrow because 6 teams that were supposed to have played today would have gotten 3 days off while the others will only have 1. I think they resume by Sunday at the latest. They can build off this though.

IONO bro....Could lead to Luka's first chip.

Kind of srs. I think they would press forward, though. Some money is better than no money.

That's why I think the owners are gonna scramble like hell to try to find ways to act on whatever demands the players have but man does it light a fire under their *** like never before to make concrete and substantial moves to advance the cause.

Might be the biggest leverage/power play by the players I've ever seen in sports given it's potential to affect things far beyond the reach of simply sports

With all the talk of the raptors wanting to boycott and leave bubble I find it hard to believe only the clippers and lakers wanted to boycott the rest of the playoffs.

I was all for these games but the smugness of that Wisconsin Sheriff just made me sick. Clown couldn't help himself with snickering and talking in the back when others were speaking. The only person with any shred of decency was the commander of the national guard. The Sherrif was trying to claim cops couldn't hear when the 17 year old murder tried to surrender but then said he wasn't there so he didn't know. The chief of police was getting checked by the media and then tried to puff out his chest and say he wasn't going to answer anymore questions. DISGUSTING display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom