OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In on page 2020 :pimp:

Bottom line was the Clippers signings were overhyped and the Lakers were ridiculed by the media as well as other executives so if they acknowledged Pelinka did a great job, they'd be saying they were wrong.

20201008_110615.jpg

WE NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!

This is nasty :smh:

And dumb.

We’re still in a pandemic and it’s an election year. The NBA playoffs are being completed in the Fall for the first time ever after a four month hiatus in the season. The NFL and MLB are playing also. There’s so many potential reasons why NBA ratings are down for this playoffs that it simply makes no sense to interpret them to support any particular agenda.

I think a lot of it is that people don’t give him much credit for the AD trade. AD made clear he was leaving the Pels and indicated that, if he was traded, the only team he’s consider re-signing with was the Lakers. Klutch served up AD to the Lakers on a platter; all Pelinka had to do was not completely **** it up.

And hardly anyone was excited about the Bradley and Dwight signings when they happened. Bron, AD and Vogel should get the credit for how well they performed this year.
All good points. Apparently folks a lot of other teams should have won too :lol:
2F183AF0-7812-4B4D-B37C-CE7109273A0E.jpeg

4C197D92-7917-4217-91EC-62960F6C0D69.jpeg

I guess this was truly a case of “There were many deserving candidates”

And dumb.

We’re still in a pandemic and it’s an election year. The NBA playoffs are being completed in the Fall for the first time ever after a four month hiatus in the season. The NFL and MLB are playing also. There’s so many potential reasons why NBA ratings are down for this playoffs that it simply makes no sense to interpret them to support any particular agenda.

All of this. I wasn't going to provide a justification for such disingenuous statement.

Credit to Lebrawn, AD and crew. I still can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if they didn’t have a 3.5 month break before the playoffs. Seeing how they have the best player in the game who happens to be 35 years old. He’s the best player not because he’s the most skilled. He’s bigger faster and stronger than everyone (and smarter). That 3.5 month layoff means way more to him than a 25 yr old.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Credit to Lebrawn, AD and crew. I still can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if they didn’t have a 3.5 month break before the playoffs. Seeing how they have the best player in the game who happens to be 35 years old. He’s the best player not because he’s the most skilled. He’s bigger faster and stronger than everyone (and smarter). That 3.5 month layoff means way more to him than a 25 yr old.

the time-off benefited the Lakers to preserve their knees, avoid injuries and heal whatever ailments they have. also having Rondo with AD contributed a lot to their steady offense and defensive set. I know I might be in the minority but having someone like Rondo meant a lot to keep the Lakers composure. I'm sure Butler knows that.

This is true but I still don't understand what happened to the Clippers fitness, they got blown off the court in so many 2nd halves.

This is true but I still don't understand what happened to the Clippers fitness, they got blown off the court in so many 2nd halves.

That wasn’t a physical fitness issue; it was a mental fitness issue (made worse by poor coaching decisions).

can't think of a team collapsing that bad in recent memory
not only failed to meet the high expectations, they didn't even make it to the battle with LAK

when the heat lost to the mavs, it was a surprise. but for them, i kind of had a feeling they'd be back in the finals the next yr. for the clips, i'm not so confident

Last edited:

Lakers were just rounding into form before the break. Beat the Bucks and Clippers on b2b. If anything it benefited the supposed favorite just as much seeing how their best player is notorious for slowing down as the playoffs progressed (as we saw again) and it allowed the East favorite time for their guy to get fully healthy cause he just got injured before the break. It wouldn't have made a difference.

That wasn’t a physical fitness issue; it was a mental fitness issue (made worse by poor coaching decisions).
They also had 3 players leave Orlando and come back.
I think Pandemic Ps woes got into everyone’s head a little bit lol. When the talent and competition level is so high, the alphas need to take over. Blowing that 3-1 lead still is kind of hilarious :lol:

They also had 3 players leave Orlando and come back.
I think Pandemic Ps woes got into everyone’s head a little bit lol. When the talent and competition level is so high, the alphas need to take over. Blowing that 3-1 lead still is kind of hilarious :lol:

Also, Zu and Shamet both got Corona and showed up to the bubble late. Bev was never healthy, etc.

Definitely wasn’t an ideal road for them and it all probably had an impact. But regardless, like you’re alluding to, no excuse for blowing a 3-1 lead (and big double digit leads in multiple potential close-out games).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom