OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for posterity, all NBA award voting was completed in July 2020, before the re-start. So, at that time, the last anyone has seen the Clippers play, they basically just had won 8 of 9 and were looking strong with the additions of Morris and Jackson.

So, yeah, in hindsight the Frank award looks a little ridiculous, but at the time votes were submitted there was a case for him.

My initial reaction was “Good one addict!” but I googled his name and sho nuff...

To be fair he did hustle the clippers out of the playoffs
1602195280608.gif

My initial reaction was “Good one addict!” but I googled his name and sho nuff...

He’s Klutch so they must have set this up to raise his value for free agency. No other reason for a hustle award to exist. I can’t imagine what’s next.

Wtf is this. They're just making up awards every year now? Soon they're going to have

1.Best Handshakes award
2.Best backcourt award
3.Best Duo Award
4.Best Front Court Award
5.Best Always ready Award AKA best Benchwarmer award

Nba needs to stop playing and give out the regular season awards when the regular season ends, before the playoffs begin. Even when covid is over, we don’t need a Espy like awards ceremony with players in person

Just for posterity, all NBA award voting was completed in July 2020, before the re-start. So, at that time, the last anyone has seen the Clippers play, they basically just had won 8 of 9 and were looking strong with the additions of Morris and Jackson.

So, yeah, in hindsight the Frank award looks a little ridiculous, but at the time votes were submitted there was a case for him.

Doughboy from across the hallway disagrees

He has a valid argument but to your point it’s in hindsight. I would think the Lakers record would have been enough but folks must have really thought that the Clippers were that much better/built for a championship.

Edit: The Pelinka disrespect :sick:

Last edited:
Doughboy from across the hallway disagrees

He has a valid argument but to your point it’s in hindsight. I would think the Lakers record would have been enough but folks must have really thought that the Clippers were that much better/built for a championship.

Edit: The Pelinka disrespect :sick:

I think a lot of it is that people don’t give him much credit for the AD trade. AD made clear he was leaving the Pels and indicated that, if he was traded, the only team he’s consider re-signing with was the Lakers. Klutch served up AD to the Lakers on a platter; all Pelinka had to do was not completely **** it up.

And hardly anyone was excited about the Bradley and Dwight signings when they happened. Bron, AD and Vogel should get the credit for how well they performed this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom