OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Laker fan and a LeBron fan but Giannis clearly deserved MVP this season. It's a regular season award and Giannis was clearly the best player in the regular season. DPOY, record-breaking PER and his team had the best record. If anything, watching the Bucks struggle in the playoffs proves just how much weight Giannis carried for that team. The bucks aren't a great team outside of Giannis and he carried them a 65 win pace.

I think the media talking heads saying LeBron deserved MVP are just talking just to hear their own voices. I don't have an issue with LeBron feeling some type of way about it, he's a super competitive guy and I'm glad he's using whatever fuel he needs to stay motivated.

Tyson Chandler won DPoY and was on the second team. It happens often. Too often if you ask me
Josh smith finished 2nd in DPOY voting, and didn’t make the first team All NBA in 2012 :lol:. Bron did.

This ***** STAYS looking for a way to play the victim.

I just don't understand how this is possible. How are you voted the best defensive player in the league and not even one of the best defensive players at your position? Is it a different group of voters?

Bron finna have the voters scared to vote for AD for FMVP like he got refs scared to make a call against him

As a Laker fan, I would love for Davis to win FMVP and I'm glad he's finally getting the credit he deserves as one of the best players in the league. If Davis can play this well throughout the rest of the playoffs, I definitely think he deserves FMVP

Bron finna have the voters scared to vote for AD for FMVP like he got refs scared to make a call against him

A5415AB1-F999-4759-8CDA-9E2AE15B1ED1.png

I'm really just tired of this guy lowering his shoulder and running over people and ending up at the FT line.

I told y'all all those fouls add up and can potentially break the game in the 1st quarter and look what happened.

Giannis should’ve been unanimous, or near it trynafeelmink trynafeelmink :lol:. And I’m being 100% for real. That was the discussion at that time.

Giannis is 1000 percent the MVP,

however he does have a point overall. There are huge discrepancies on how the awards are handled. The same people who vote for these awards are the media, writers, podcasters etc etc who's opinions & narratives we see all the time. truth is that not many people had the Lakers being the best team in the West, truth is they said this was Lebron's worst supporting cast in years, truth is they said Vogel was a bad hire. truth is they said Lebron would break down & not be able to keep a high performance all season.

The media said it, YA'LL said it... And yet Lakers were the #1 Seed in the tougher conference. This is something WE definitely used to negate Lebrons MVP claims in the past, now that it's Giannis that argument isn't valid?

New Coach, Playing with a new Superstar, New Conference, 8 New players total on the roster & still the best record in the West & were only like 2-3 behind for best record in the league... Yet it should be unanimous?

These same media people are STILL saying they can't trust anyone on the Lakers outside of Lebron & AD, if they truly feel like that i don't see how Lebron/AD/Vogel don't get more credit for their contributions

How we feeling about denver?

The nuggets are fine and they're not panicking. Utah had multiple 30 point leads in that series. This is a very resilient Denver team expect them to bounce back in a big way going forward.

They do have some big issues to fix though.

1) they can't allow Anthony Davis to just abuse them like this again or else it'll be a short series

2) LeBron didn't score a single point in the second half in the Lakers still built up a 27 or lead. That's troubling because you know LeBron is going to have some huge games later on

3) generally speaking, the nuggets defense is horrendous. The Lakers guards, who aren't that good, are getting to the basket at will. Also Denver gave up about 10 lobs in this game. They need to clean that up. It's amazing that the Clippers, who's offense is a lot better than the Lakers, didn't score 130 points every game

Goal posts getting moved daily, now we're being led to believe they're a powerhouse that was always destined to win the chip by the same dudes who claiming they'd struggle to make the playoffs out west before the season cause #23 was old and washed and AD's a mental ****** or something :lol:

Now this is 100% true, people were CLOWNING the roster outside of AD and old Bron. Chuck saying owe we knew a team with Bron and AD were a lock to win the title this year is absolutely false, especially when 90%+ of his cohorts in the media picked the Clippers and in his own case the Blazers 🥴 when the playoffs started.

Giannis is 1000 percent the MVP,

however he does have a point overall. There are huge discrepancies on how the awards are handled. The same people who vote for these awards are the media, writers, podcasters etc etc who's opinions & narratives we see all the time. truth is that not many people had the Lakers being the best team in the West, truth is they said this was Lebron's worst supporting cast in years, truth is they said Vogel was a bad hire. truth is they said Lebron would break down & not be able to keep a high performance all season.

The media said it, YA'LL said it... And yet Lakers were the #1 Seed in the tougher conference. This is something WE definitely used to negate Lebrons MVP claims in the past, now that it's Giannis that argument isn't valid?

New Coach, Playing with a new Superstar, New Conference, 8 New players total on the roster & still the best record in the West & were only like 2-3 behind for best record in the league... Yet it should be unanimous?

These same media people are STILL saying they can't trust anyone on the Lakers outside of Lebron & AD, if they truly feel like that i don't see how Lebron/AD/Vogel don't get more credit for their contributions

Nah, he didn't deserve more votes when there's another top 5 player next to him. Period. I'm surprised it was as close as it was honestly. Check how much of a landslide he won by in 2009 and 2010. That's what I was expecting.

Now this is 100% true, people were CLOWNING the roster outside of AD and old Bron. Chuck saying owe we knew a team with Bron and AD were a lock to win the title this year is absolutely false, especially when 90%+ of his cohorts in the media picked the Clippers and in his own case the Blazers 🥴 when the playoffs started.

Don't worry, if we win there's hours worth of content of writers and experts clowning our roster. I remember people saying that the pelicans would have a better record than us and that we might miss the playoffs. I'll save all that content for if we win it all though

It’s hilarious that during the mvp award discussion, “you can’t give it to Lebron, he has a top 5 player on his squad!”

but all season long when discussing matchups & the playoffs, “yeah the lakers might have two of the top 3 guys in a series but the other team has the better 3-10.”

is it oochie Wally or One Mic?

Bron FOR SURE would've had a ton more votes had GMs and owners and coaches voted instead of the media. Media should never be allowed to vote for players awards imho

Nah, he didn't deserve more votes when there's another top 5 player next to him. Period. I'm surprised it was as close as it was honestly. Check how much of a landslide he won by in 2009 and 2010. That's what I was expecting.
So you're saying Magic shouldn't have won all his MVPs cause he had Kareem, who is arguably the greatest of all time? or Moses shouldn't have won his cause he had Julius? Or Shaq cause he had Kobe?

Lmaoooooo

Like Bron said, in today's game the media all about twitter feeds, stories and narratives.

Back in the day when the game was great, they kept it real and gave MVP to who really deserved it.

"Modern Basketball" for ya

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom