Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

As a starter IT would be a bad choice but since they’ll have to get past the Celtics and possibly the Raptors if Kawhi stays..

Rondo is a highly intelligent pass first pg with a boulder on his shoulder.. if he can stay healthy you’ll need someone to run the offense and play TOUGH defense

Now you have bench scoring and two PGs with huge chips on their shoulder that desperately need a championship..

For Rondo this could help him land a coaching gig afterwards

If Frank was more seasoned maybe he could fill Rondos role

Yall must've just took a puff of the same joint

Rondo
THJr
Durant
Porzingis
Center

IT or Burke
Knox
Trier
Dotson
Vonleh
Robinson
Knicks draft pick
Trade Frank for a Vet

That Chandler trade is a great idea though.. don’t know how much he has left in the tank

upload_2018-10-30_17-58-14.jpeg

As a starter IT would be a bad choice but since they’ll have to get past the Celtics and possibly the Raptors if Kawhi stays..

Rondo is a highly intelligent pass first pg with a boulder on his shoulder.. if he can stay healthy you’ll need someone to run the offense and play TOUGH defense

Now you have bench scoring and two PGs with huge chips on their shoulder that desperately need a championship..

For Rondo this could help him land a coaching gig afterwards

If Frank was more seasoned maybe he could fill Rondos role
I mean I don’t hate Rondo but I don’t like him either. He doesn’t have a place on a young team and he’s just getting worse. Needs a really specific situation to be valuable considering he can’t shoot and isn’t a very good defender anymore.

IT at this point I am totally out on. Worst possible defense, plus he’s score first and not very good at that anymore. Only getting worse too... very bad combo. He’s not showing much in Denver that I would want him on my team.

If you're going after Durant.. The only young talent that you're worried about developing is KP, Knox and whoever the Knicks get in the lottery. You have to switch gears into building a championship team that can compete right away that will also gell with the city..

So.. say you have Durant, KP and THJr in the lineup.. Three shooters.. who is going to get them the ball.. who's going to drive to the basket to collapse the defense.. who's going to guard the NBA's top guards in the playoffs.. Look at what Rondo was able to do with Mirotic las year with the Pelicans or with Chicago the year before..

The very reasons you dislike Rondo is what makes him a NYK pg.. It's the type of PG they've always had before the Marbury era..
So.. ok say you don't like IT.. you think he's a bum. Then who's giving you scoring off the bench

If you're going after Durant.. The only young talent that you're worried about developing is KP, Knox and whoever the Knicks get in the lottery. You have to switch gears into building a championship team that can compete right away that will also gell with the city..

So.. say you have Durant, KP and THJr in the lineup.. Three shooters.. who is going to get them the ball.. who's going to drive to the basket to collapse the defense.. who's going to guard the NBA's top guards in the playoffs.. Look at what Rondo was able to do with Mirotic las year with the Pelicans or with Chicago the year before..

The very reasons you dislike Rondo is what makes him a NYK pg.. It's the type of PG they've always had before the Marbury era..
So.. ok say you don't like IT.. you think he's a bum. Then who's giving you scoring off the bench

Frank.

Dotson/Trier.

IT has fallen off since Boston. He’s a shell of himself that keeps getting hurt, and that’s why he’s been on 3 teams in the last year. Rondo isn’t pushing the needle. Idk why the Lakers signed him tbh since they should be giving Ball all those minutes. I don’t want anything to do with either of them. We need a Jrue Holiday type of PG. I’ll even take Kemba. Even IF we sign KD, we’re still another full season away from title contention. Unless we trade Lee for a quality player.

We need Lee and Pookie off the Books to do anything of importance in the off season. That 6 mil from Noah hurts us bad.

If I’m Durant I’m going to the Knicks.. You get to play the Warriors in the finals cementing you as GOAT.

Sign Durant.. go after Rondo or Rubio.. Then bring in IT for a sixth man bench role

im gonna keep it real with you chief, this is not it

I don't ever want to hear "NY PG" type of stuff, there is no NY player but a good player I'm tired of people talking like we should have a Jeff Van Gundy team I want a PG who can shoot 3s because it's 2018.

All this nostalgia for teams that never won a championship you and Alan Hahn and all these beat reporters smh

tenor.gif

keep it funky with yall, when has anyone here ever predicted a trade?

hate the hypothetical trade machines. take that on over to realgm broskies.

im also convinced that the mood and culture of the squad changes when KP comes back. THAT version of the team is what free agents will look to in terms of consideration.

not sure how this board feels about him anymore, whether it be that he's a soft loser or a melo impersonator or whatever, but i believe he's pretty well respected around the league.

im also convinced that the mood and culture of the squad changes when KP comes back. THAT version of the team is what free agents will look to in terms of consideration.

not sure how this board feels about him anymore, whether it be that he's a soft loser or a melo impersonator or whatever, but i believe he's pretty well respected around the league.
KP is gonna be fire when he gets back, guy is still an up and coming superstar. No bones about it. Improved significantly every season.

He might be a little rusty at first but I firmly expect him to be an all star until retirement.

It is fun to talk about but cmon someones out here calling for 40 year old rondo and 7 surgery IT...and yall debating it lol.

and agreed, im super high on KP and his potential impact on the league. He needs to experience that postseason energy, got a feeling his game elevates.

SIDENOTE - Where yall been taking shorties around the boroughs? on some food and drink and chill vibe. more on the communal watering hole level vs a peter luger elegance.

Kanter next offseason as a free agent rarely gets talked about. If we re-sign him he eats into our space. So this is assuming we let Kanter walk right?

Kanter next offseason as a free agent rarely gets talked about. If we re-sign him he eats into our space. So this is assuming we let Kanter walk right?

I’d let him walk unless KD signs. If not, I’d offer a 1 year deal for him to come off the bench. Definitely not interested in any long term contract.

Back
Top Bottom