Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

DqtXWPCU8AAHQeb.jpg

Someone mentioned it earlier but this Kanter/NYK marriage is gonna have a very very ugly ending.

His mindset is conflicting with what we want to have done. I get it, contract year, he wants to produce.

Whatever, that's why Fizdale is getting paid the big bucks. He's gotta be able to work with all these personalities.

10 man rotation should be -
Frank - Burke
Dot - Trier
Hardaway - Knox
Vonleh - Hezonja
Mitch - Kanter

He has to now work Mudiay back into the fold. In 3 games, it seems that Fiz will go with another line up. I'm all for it but I'd just like to see Frank, Dot, Mitch and Knox getting consistent workloads together. Seems to be a pickle, especially with the way Fizdale preached equality and accountability.

Oh yeah, add Courtney freaking Lee too. Don't forget he's gonna eat into Trier/Dot/Knox minutes just because he's a "good veteran presence".

I expect the conversation about rotation to be ongoing all season. There just isn't a way to satisfy managerial demands and fan bases at the same time. As the losses pile up, tensions will undoubtedly rise as well. Seems like the team is juggling this "we want to win every game" with "theres something we are trying to accomplish here" and "it's not about winning". The rhetoric is what throws me off. They speak about development, but then include the development of Mudiay, Hardaway, Hezonja and Vonleh as well. All fair, they are reclamation projects who want a chance to grow but theres also undoubtedly rawer players who also require court time . How will this balance play out?

Either way, IMO this is 100% about development of 5 players (Frank, Dot, Trier, Mitch, Knox) until KP gets back. When KP returns (im hoping for a late Feb, March return. We've won 11 games, nothing to play for but chemistry), I'm trying to see court time with him and those mentioned above. We've seen Kanter and KP. We've seen Hardaway and KP. It's nothing astronomical. I don't even want to see Burke and KP.

Just ranting because for once in a long time, I feel that the franchise is actually on to something. The talent have been picked. To me, the objective is clear. Will basketball politics get in the way? Will contracts and veterans and playing time throw a wrench into how this season goes? This brings me back shades of Monta and Curry. A little different but similar to how it was the old guard vs something new they were trying to commit to.

All in all, this is something a bit more complex than I want to think about. Plus it's really not that serious in the grand scheme of life but I think that as a franchise, this year is seminal in how we move forward. The culture right now is malleable. Fiz and fans are shaping it, molding it. It's as pliable as it's ever been. But as the year goes on and sentiments, emotions and actions harden, we'll find out if things really are changing.

I guess Enez thought he would be a part of the rebuilding process. I can't imagine any 26 yo player taking a demotion well :lol: I can understand Lee taking it well he's aware that his best days are behind him.

Ntilikina
Durant
Knox
Porzingis
Robinson

Does Phoenix say no to a Burke and Lee for Chandler (expiring) trade ?

Id be with that actually. Tyson can teach Mitch a thing or too. I’m liking Vonleh staying behind this season. He’s a good bruiser/rebounder. Every team needs a guy like that. Favors plays that role for Utah. Timmy needs development too, since it doesn’t seem like he’s going anywhere anytime soon. Mario can go. We have enough scoring wings, especially with the emergence of Dot. Mudiay should’ve been gone.

Naclerio :pimp:

Dude tried to recruit me and a teammate to Cardozo when I played for Bayside mid game. True savage.

If I’m Durant I’m going to the Knicks.. You get to play the Warriors in the finals cementing you as GOAT.

Sign Durant.. go after Rondo or Rubio.. Then bring in IT for a sixth man bench role

Ntilikina
THJr
Knox
Durant
Porzingis

Trier
Dotson
Barrett/Reddish/Zion/Little
Vonleh
Robinson

Yall must've just took a puff of the same joint

Rondo
THJr
Durant
Porzingis
Center

IT or Burke
Knox
Trier
Dotson
Vonleh
Robinson
Knicks draft pick
Trade Frank for a Vet

That Chandler trade is a great idea though.. don’t know how much he has left in the tank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom