Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

There will be alot of buyers on the trade market this deadline. There should be no reason why we can't move Kanter or Lee.

If we're talking money moves for free agency I can do this all day....
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 12.49.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Idk why y’all act like Frank is better than DSJR, when there is absolutely no evidence. Also, who said DSJR has to be our franchise PG? He can just come off the bench and chuck it 15 times a game for 1/5th of what THJR makes.
Dont we have Trier, Burke, Dotson, and Mudiay for that?

so you mean to tell me that you're not willing to trade Frank's 6.1 PPG 1.9 RPG 2.6 APG 35.0% FG for DSJR's 12.6 PPG 2.6 RPG 3.9 APG 44.3% FG?

yall TRIPPIN

you guys talk about bum *** Frank's "potential", but only talk about DSJR's faults. he just turned 21 less than 2 months ago...doesn't he also have "potential"? i'd rather take a "volume shooter" making 44.3% of his shots, than a player scared to shoot or even dribble. and when he does actually put the ball up, he only makes it 35% of the time.

i'm not sure if some of you even watch basketball or just piggy back off of other people's opinions in this thread.

Dont we have Trier, Burke, Dotson, and Mudiay for that?

because you guys loooooove to talk about Frank and his potential when DSJR shows more potential than Frank, Burke, Mudiay, and probably even Trier. Dotson isn't a comparable player to the rest.

Burke and Mudiay are also on the last year of their contracts. would yall rather resign either or pay DSJR the rest of this ROOKIE contract?

Wesley Mathews is expiring, right?

I don't see any reason to not make this trade if we're essentially swapping Frank for DSJr and moving THJr for an expiring.

I honestly don't see why the Mavs make that trade.

so you mean to tell me that you're not willing to trade Frank's 6.1 PPG 1.9 RPG 2.6 APG 35.0% FG for DSJR's 12.6 PPG 2.6 RPG 3.9 APG 44.3% FG?

yall TRIPPIN

you guys talk about bum *** Frank's "potential", but only talk about DSJR's faults. he just turned 21 less than 2 months ago...doesn't he also have "potential"? i'd rather take a "volume shooter" making 44.3% of his shots, than a player scared to shoot or even dribble. and when he does actually put the ball up, he only makes it 35% of the time.

i'm not sure if some of you even watch basketball or just piggy back off of other people's opinions in this thread.

Say it louder for the guys in the back.

69122D60-35BC-41A8-8672-A3ED57467725.png

Before the draft dudes were saying Frank was a lottery pick because he was an 18 year old averaging around 4 ppg playing with grown dudes overseas?

Which made that equivalent to averaging 12 ppg in college? :lol:

People been makin excuses for Frank it’s time to move on by trading him somewhere

Personally, I would rather try to hold onto Frank while still moving on from other guards on the squad to acquire DSJr.

Frank's potential is a glue guy who doesn't fill up the stat sheet but affects the outcome in other ways. I want him to be our Tony Allen with better playmaking ability off the bench. I believe, more than anything, it's a culture/attitude issue with Frank. With time, he should adjust. We've been seeing flashes of it.

And if it comes down to just a Frank for DSJr swap, I don't see the point tbh. Let both of them ride out their rookie contracts and then I'll eat crow if Frank doesn't get any better.

Once again, y'all gotta forget what number he was drafted at. And forget bum *** Lebron his ******* last season.

because you guys loooooove to talk about Frank and his potential when DSJR shows more potential than Frank, Burke, Mudiay, and probably even Trier. Dotson isn't a comparable player to the rest.

Burke and Mudiay are also on the last year of their contracts. would yall rather resign either or pay DSJR the rest of this ROOKIE contract?
I'd rather let them go and not trade for DSJr.

Personally, I would rather try to hold onto Frank while still moving on from other guards on the squad to acquire DSJr.

Frank's potential is a glue guy who doesn't fill up the stat sheet but affects the outcome in other ways. I want him to be our Tony Allen with better playmaking ability off the bench. I believe, more than anything, it's a culture/attitude issue with Frank. With time, he should adjust. We've been seeing flashes of it.

And if it comes down to just a Frank for DSJr swap, I don't see the point tbh. Let both of them ride out their rookie contracts and then I'll eat crow if Frank doesn't get any better.

Once again, y'all gotta forget what number he was drafted at. And forget bum *** Lebron his ****ery last season.

wide open layups on a fast break and a couple 3s arent flashes of anything...

What's the risk in moving Frank for DSJr?

I think we all agree that DSJr has been better than Frank thus far. They're completely different players, but swapping a young PG for a young PG is almost a lateral move. If anything, DSJr is a better asset than Frank is currently.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say it’s a lateral move bc DSJR will produce. Frank will talk about producing, but won’t.

So there are no red flags that Dallas whose trying to build something want to get rid of DSjr, you think he's going to be Ok be 4th fiddle here depending who we draft. I am not doubting in a vacuum that he's better than frank just think this team needs more of a creator. Especially because KP and knox aren't good passers.

So there are no red flags that Dallas whose trying to build something want to get rid of DSjr, you think he's going to be Ok be 4th fiddle here depending who we draft. I am not doubting in a vacuum that he's better than frank just think this team needs more of a creator. Especially because KP and knox aren't good passers.
My thing is at this point it doesn’t matter. We need to put the best/youngest players out on the floor and hope that someone develops enough to become a real impact player.

DSJr is a better raw talent than Frank. If he doesn’t work, let him walk when the rookie deal expires...but in the name of player development, I’d much rather have a raw DSJr than a raw Frank. At the very least, DSJr has proven he has the tools to make an impact as a spark plug off the bench. Frank has a hard time putting up more than 5 PPG.

I’ll take the risk of him not developing or working out because, quite frankly, we have nothing to ruin at the moment.

there really aren't any "red flags". Luka came in and is the better player, so they want the ball in his hands. DSJR is supposed to be a PG, with the ball in his hands. you can't develop both with only one ball. similar to how Harden and Russ needed to split in order to reach their potential. no one is asking for DSJR to be our long term guy. he's just point blank better than Frank, so the trade is a no brainer if its legit. if hypothetically he becomes THE guy, then great, if not we trade him in a couple years or let him walk. its not like we're trading a player in his prime for a rookie. its a lateral risk/reward move, if to be true.

Back
Top Bottom