Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

gotta do it if there's an offer to trade. get rid of thorn in the side contracts and some dead weight.

both teams benefit from this, but most of all the knicks.

Nah man you’re missing the point

It’s not about Frank vs DSJr.

It’s about shedding Hardaways contract

It's not about T-Mac

it's about shedding contracts for Lebron.....

Like we been here before with the FA "Master plan" sacrificing everything for cap space and what did that get us? Nothing, If during FA the knicks have a need for that space ok move Timmy and Frank. There isn't a need to do that now except positive thinking and being a Knicks fan should of taught ya'll that not how it works for the Knicks.

It's not about T-Mac

it's about shedding contracts for Lebron.....

Like we been here before with the FA "Master plan" sacrificing everything for cap space and what did that get us? Nothing, If during FA the knicks have a need for that space ok move Timmy and Frank. There isn't a need to do that now except positive thinking and being a Knicks fan should of taught ya'll that not how it works for the Knicks.
Regardless of getting big name FAs or not, shedding Hardaways contract is a win

As far as that rumored trade.

DSJ isn’t good. THJ’s contract is just as bad. Rather include Burke/Mudiay + a 2nd rounder.

Not ready to fully give up on Frank till I see him play with KP.

Just read a YouTube commenter calling Mudiay Imperfect Cell.

Now I can't unsee it.
upload_2019-1-15_22-6-26.jpeg

:rofl:

I still don’t know if I want to give up on frank for DSJr. I Can see why he’s flashy and fun to win but I don’t think he’s a PG you win with long term. His skill set just doesn’t seem to translate to me.

But hey that’s just me.

And people act like he can’t figure it out and become serviceable. Mudiay was bootiay for a while and he sort of found himself this season and can be serviceable for a team down the line. Jj Redick was trash his first 3 years couldn’t sniff the court now he’s a desired 2 guard who is a two way player.

Some players just need more seasoning.

I'm struggling with understanding this logic. Please elaborate further my guy

There's a lot of red flags here. Why not experiment with DSJ off the bench as a 6th man? JJ Barea just got hurt, yet you rather play Devin Harris? You just dont give up on a sophomore PG as fast as the Mavs are doing, especially with his value at his lowest right now. PGs take the longest to adjust to the NBA game. I get it the fit with Luka isnt there, but in general the Mavs really really suck at drafting unless its a PG (Nash, Kidd, Luka). Them tryna move DSJ says alot imo. If he cant bring value to a borderline playoff team, what kinda value will he bring to us?

You can find an inefficient, undersized, 15-4-3 point guard in every draft. The list of NBA guards that can put up those #s in 30 mpg without a real impact is plentiful.

What does Frank's "skillset" translate to?

His skillset will only be appreciated on a good team. His trashness will be magnified on a bad team. We see him play defense, we see him double when needed, defend the post, play help D, etc etc all while the rest of teh team looks clueless. The plays he makes defensively do not show up on any boxscore. He's literally the only one that knows every defensive rotation. At least he has that going for him. Where he can guard multiple positions and know all the defensive rotations. On a good team thats very valuable. Frank has played his best basketball (mostly as a rookie) sharing the floor with KP. Statistically it was one of the best lineups in the NBA. Not ready to call it full quits on his bum *** without seeing him play with KP for a period of time.

THJ is damn near unmoveable with that contract. We need to hop on this trade but include Mudiay, Burke, even add a 2nd rounder instead of Frank.

Last edited:
I’m too lazy to look but has there been any players that literally showed 0 improvement from their first year to second year that have had a good career?

His skillset will only be appreciated on a good team. His trashness will be magnified on a bad team.

I agree with this. It's especially magnified with our current personnel being a bunch of young guys fighting for their next contract.

Hard to really show your worth when the 4 guys on the floor with you would rather iso.

I’m too lazy to look but has there been any players that literally showed 0 improvement from their first year to second year that have had a good career?

Steve Nash his first 4 years
Kyle Lowry his first 5 years
Gary Payton
Tracy McGrady
Chauncey Billups
Rondo (great example since we saw his real value once KG and Ray came)

Last edited:
Hard to really show your worth when the 4 guys on the floor with you would rather iso.

Thats the thing. I'm always gonna blame Fiz for this since his offense sort of gravitates towards iso plays, but when everyone (Knox, THJ, KP, Trier) wants to iso, you need players that do the other things.

DSJ doesnt bring any other element to our team that our players dont/cant already do. This would be strictly a money move that would hopefully pay off in FA. I'd push hard for this move, but let them have the other guards, just keep Frank.

Mudiya regressed his second year. Redick couldn’t sniff the floor for 3 years. Billups couldn’t stick to a team after being a top 15 pick. Tyson chandler looked lost his first few years with the bulls.

It happens. We forget that he was like the youngest player in the league last year. I’m not saying he turns into some phenom. But he can become a phenomal rotational piece on a good team like someone pointed out.

Mavs are enamored with Frank for whatever reason and feel he'll be a better player with them

He supposedly had a great workout with them and they fell in love with him as a prospect

Mavs want Frank Knicks want to move Hardaway

Why are we talking about moving Mudiay instead?

Mavs have no connection to him and the main objective is to move Hardaway and his awful contract

It's literally that simple

Y’all just compared Frank to a handful of guys out of THOUSANDS of players...the probability that a bum after two years ends up being an all-star is lower than my chances of winning the Mega Million

Back
Top Bottom