Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

good show tonight from this young squad

we got a real one on the team
hope mitch rob is ok
dotson did his thing near the end

thjr is quite the underachiever.

Don’t hop on the Trier bandwagon after y’all crapped on him when I said he’s one of the best pure scorers in the draft. He def can ball. His problem is being a team player and partying too much. He’ll make the roster, just hope he doesn’t become JR 2.0 running around in NYC.

Trier announced on Twitter that he’ll attend Montrose Christian Academy in Rockville, Md., the same school where Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant played his senior season of high school.

Trier, long viewed as one of the nation’s top players in the 2015 class, played two years for the OKC Storm after moving from Seattle in middle school. He then joined another homeschool program, Tulsa NOAH, for his sophomore season.

Trier has been mentored by Kevin Durant throughout his high school and college career. Trier is from Seattle, where Durant was drafted, and the two have a close relationship.

“Our relationship has gone all the way through, even until now,” Trier said via the New York Post. “We text, talk and keep in touch all the time. He’s my role model. And if I need anything, I can talk to him — not just about basketball but life.”

:nerd:

I was noticing Trier took a lot of those shots they called low efficiency shots when Melo took them. If this works out it'll be hilarious.

Two different types of low efficiency holding the ball type shots. Melo was massage ball, jab jab jab, dribble, pull up. Trier actually gets to the paint/FT line. I think he pairs up really well with Frank if they're gonna come off the bench.

On a side note, THJ is gonna be my most hated Knick this season. He's literally the exact same player.

Yeah to Trier's credit he actually moves downhill towards the rim. On the other hand he's not always going to be hot like that, so knowing when to say enough is enough and keep the ball moving is the key with him.

For so many years, Knicks head coaches had come, gone and not used Walt Frazier’s knowledge despite him being present on the planes, trains and buses. Frazier, to a man, was always surprised at the lukewarm interest.

In fact, Frazier, the Hall of Fame guard with the NBA’s fastest hands, had told confidants he didn’t understand why former Knicks president Phil Jackson barely talked to him during his failed three-year, three-month stint. Frazier came into the league with Jackson and they were roommates as rookies.

Knicks coach David Fizdale, a people person dedicated to connecting Knicks history to his current group, has broken down the Frazier barrier. While some past Knicks players have only known Frazier best as the broadcaster in the loud suits, the current crop of guards are getting to know Clyde.

On Tuesday, Frazier was invited to the Knicks practice facility in Tarrytown for lunch with Fizdale and president Steve Mills after which he met with the guards and chatted.

“Clyde came to the gym the other day and spoke to our guards,’’ Fizdale said. “Steve invited him for lunch and I previously invited him to spend time together and watch film. I wanted to introduce him to all of them – the guards — to let them know he will be talking to them very soon.”

“No one defended like Clyde,’’ Fizdale said. “You’re seeing the kind of DNA I’m trying to create with the guards. If they can embody what Clyde brought to the game, we got something pretty good. They may not know everything he’s done, but know he’s a legend.”

Privately, Frazier has always wanted to share his knowledge with the Knicks players in a formal way. In June, Frazier, key cog on both Knicks title teams, signed a new Puma deal that created a new wave of NBA players joining the old-school sneaker company that the Hall of Famer pioneered.

On Monday in Washington, Fizdale invited Georgetown head coach Patrick Ewing into the Wizards downtown arena for the Knicks’ morning shootaround and he gave a speech ahead of their preseason opener. The Knicks are 2-0 in preseason

Fizdale just gets it.

Back
Top Bottom