**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope JJJ and Starfox make the actual team.

Collins is good, but they need bigs that can defend.

It's crazy how paltry Kawhi's numbers are in the regular season compared to his peers and how he's really only been a great 2 way player for 3 seasons. Decent list, Bean putting up 25/5/5 with 3 years of being washed is pretty impressive. Just based on the numbers and accolades, Russ should be on the 1st team over Harden since neither has a ring.

Correct me im I'm wrong here...but the Select Team is just for training camp.

The players that are in contention of actually playing are on the National team. (which means that the team will be in that first tier of 15 players posted up top - 3 cuts.

Example...the Select Team that trained w/ the original dream team consisted of all college guys: Hill, Penny, etc.

The select team that trained w/ the 2016 guys consisted of Brogdon, KCP, Book, D-Lo, etc.

Last edited:
It's crazy how paltry Kawhi's numbers are in the regular season compared to his peers and how he's really only been a great 2 way player for 3 seasons. Decent list, Bean putting up 25/5/5 with 3 years of being washed is pretty impressive.

Kawhi also played on more balanced teams fool

Correct me im I'm wrong here...but the Select Team is just for training camp.

The players that actually are in contention of actually playing are on the National team. (which means that the team will be in that first tier of 15 players posted up top - 3 cuts.

Example...the Select Team that trained w/ the original dream team consisted of all college guys: Hill, Penny, etc.

The select team that trained w/ the 2016 guys consisted of Brogdon, KCP, Book, D-Lo, etc.
I believe you are correct. I would think there's still a remote possibility someone could make the final roster due to injury or performance in camp though. For instance, Fox seems like he already got promoted

“The purpose of the Select Team is to help prepare our National Team for the World Cup and to offer an opportunity for some younger NBA standouts to be involved in the USA Basketball National Team program,” said Colangelo. “These 13 players help extend the legacy of elite players who have been part of USA Basketball Select teams. Not only will this group help prepare the United States for the FIBA World Cup, but it will also provide them with valuable experience at the USA Basketball National Team level.”

I feel like Lowry is going to drop out. Really no point to him playing on this team, especially with a bit of an injury issue.

I feel like Lowry is going to drop out. Really no point to him playing on this team, especially with a bit of an injury issue.
I think he would have done so by now, especially with that thumb procedure. Not saying it won't happen but I think he's serious about competing

I think you guys are severely underrating Bam. He’s legit. Gonna have the freedom with a much bigger role now that Whiteside is gone.

Who's underrating him?

It's just a fact there are better or at worst equal bigs on the Select team. You can make the argument he probably SHOULD be on the Select Team

Takeaways from today's article by Windy-

Q: Who will be on the team?

A: There is some uncertainty. Training camp followed by two exhibition games will be meaningful in Popovich's decisions. Kemba Walker and Kyle Lowry are locks at point guard, assuming Lowry is recovered from thumb surgery last month.

It appears veteran wings Harrison Barnes, who played on the team in 2016, and All-Star Khris Middleton are likely to make it, with Donovan Mitchell likely as well. There will be strong competition -- including Celtics teammates Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart -- for the other wing spots. Popovich probably won't take all six, so that should add some intrigue this week.

At the big men spots, it seems likely that veterans Brook Lopez and P.J. Tuckerwill get strong consideration, with Myles Turner having an ideal skill set for international play as well. Kyle Kuzma, Thaddeus Young, Mason Plumlee and the just-added Bam Adebayo might compete for one or two slots.

Q: Is there a chance one of the Select Team players could make the roster?

A: Yes. There's a 14-player team that comes to training camp to help the senior roster prepare. In 2014, the last World Cup, Plumlee was promoted from the Select Team to the roster that won gold in Spain.

With Lowry's status uncertain to a degree, there's a good chance one of the Select point guards could make the big team if they play well this week. The strong candidates are De'Aaron Fox and Trae Young. Fox's defense, speed and ability to finish over size are great assets. Young will be one of the best shooters in the gym, and the 3-point shot is vital in international play.

Kawhi just straight up wasn't on that level up until recently. Wouldn't have mattered what team he was on

This. People are going to it change the narrative to "Kawhi didn't have to dominate the regular season but he could if he wanted". he just wasn't on the level of LeBron, Durant and those other guys as far as bringing it night in night out year after year. He's never played more than 65 games in a season. As great as he is, he needs to dominate the regular season before I put him on that level.

Kawhis career Arc is so fascinating because it's the opposite of most other top players. He came into a really good, championship-level team whereas most guys are drafted really high and begin on bottom dwellers. He immediately had postseason success whereas most guys have to struggle to make a playoffs early in their career. He's had dominant playoff runs without dominating a regular season. It really is a fascinating career.

that squad looking like the hornets. 4th place team not even bronze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom