**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about catching multiple Ls

The results came in....
132286.jpg

"And you got played Son!!!!!!!"

People will eventually forgive KD for stacking the deck the same way they did Bron in Miami. It’s funny how Bron gets a pass just because he couldn’t get it done in Year 1.

Winning ain't everything, it's the only thing. You know what else nobody is going to remember 20 years from now? That John Wall made 300 million in his career. Your legacy is absolutely shaped in large part by winning the ultimate prize. You think Bron would be able to amass the empire and control he has now if it never resulted in a chip? Would he be even allowed to utter he was the GOAT (which is blasphemous in any sense) without those chips on his resume? The sport is competition to see who's the best, not who makes the most money.
If I’m John Wall **** do i care of what people think of me. I made it out of the hood to earn $300 Ms but to each his own

People be intentionally dull when they know the context you're referring to. 2 rings with the team that didn't need you. Literally, dude said "I can't beat them, so I should join them."

Who's legacy does that ever help?

Obviously everyone knows the contest, but he still won 2 rings. Bron won withWade and Bosh. “But oh no he joined the team thst beat them yadda yadda”

HE STILL WON 2 RINGS. Regardless of the circumstances, it is NOT easy to win a ring.

Give them an asterisk mark if you want, hes still a winner.

I aint even a KD fan. :lol:

People will eventually forgive KD for stacking the deck the same way they did Bron in Miami. It’s funny how Bron gets a pass just because he couldn’t get it done in Year 1.
You omitted a whole bunch of other facts...but you baiting so I'll let you rock.

If **** like this is more normal in the future. KD wont be laughed at as much.
Kevin Durant joining a 73-9 team that beat him in Game 7 of the WCF is always going to be critiqued. It just is what it is. Bron leaving a Cleveland team where Antawn Jamison was their splashy deadline move to keep him just isn't comparable. Both dudes earned their right to do so. They were free agents.

With salaries rising like this, it's going to take a lot of planning and luck to see those types of situations going forward.

Kevin Durant joining a 73-9 team that beat him in Game 7 of the WCF is always going to be critiqued. It just is what it is. Bron leaving a Cleveland team where Antawn Jamison was their splashy deadline move to keep him just isn't comparable. Both dudes earned their right to do so. They were free agents.

With salaries rising like this, it's going to take a lot of planning and luck to see those types of situations going forward.
The Heatles situation is significantly more likely to happen (with 2 stars joining someone that is already on the team) than a Warriors situation where a dominant team can swap a rotation guy for a superstar.

We could have had the Heatles situation happen this summer with the Lakers, but star free agents do not want to play there.

Winning ain't everything, it's the only thing. You know what else nobody is going to remember 20 years from now? That John Wall made 300 million in his career. Your legacy is absolutely shaped in large part by winning the ultimate prize. You think Bron would be able to amass the empire and control he has now if it never resulted in a chip? Would he be even allowed to utter he was the GOAT (which is blasphemous in any sense) without those chips on his resume? The sport is competition to see who's the best, not who makes the most money.
You’re assuming all athletes care as much as fans do, especially the goat b.s. talk

Do you think John wall gives a damb what you or anyone else thinks? Lol

Nobody expects John wall to be a champion anyway. Even someone like Barkley, who is clearly bothered by never winning, if you’d ask him to trade x amount of money for a ring idk how much he’d even give up

Didn’t know Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was playing Big 3...How’s he been doing?

Been doing well and he is 50. He is proof that as long as you have a jump shot and can move around decently there is always a place for you on the floor. Never mind the fact that he goes all in on training -- weights, stretching, running stairs etc. Just him raising up for a jump shot draws a defender and opens up so much more. Because of how well he shoots you have to get a defender out on him.

You’re assuming all athletes care as much as fans do, especially the goat b.s. talk

Do you think John wall gives a damb what you or anyone else thinks? Lol

Nobody expects John wall to be a champion anyway. Even someone like Barkley, who is clearly bothered by never winning, if you’d ask him to trade x amount of money for a ring idk how much he’d even give up

I view it as a two-step process, step 1 is securing the bag and a select number of athletes (superstars) make it two step two which is championship/legacy building.

Obviously the first step is securing your financial future and making sure you've made enough money to sustain you and your family for the rest of your life. they'll always take the largest contract regardless of the winning situation or even the location. Most athletes never leave this step, they spend their entire career just trying to maximize they're earning and winning a title is just a cherry on top.

Star players who already have generational wealth have the privilege of worrying about things other than money when it comes to basketball (where do I want to live? Can I team up with my friends? What's my legacy going to look like once I retire?). I'd assume that John Wall was in the second category but I guess not. it doesn't matter to him if they never make a playoffs again as long as he's getting the largest contract possible.

There's no shame in that, just an observation.

In The name of the spin :lol::lol:

Lebron left Cleveland to hop on a squad with a guy who just came off a 30/5/7 the year prior & another top 10 player. Both him & KD felt they ain't have enough to get it done where they were at & went to a squad where they felt they could dominate.

it's the same situation.... Bron ain't hold a ****in party in the Arena claiming the next 6 championships, because he thought it was gonna be competitive, he thought it was gonna be easy rings fam:lol:

LMAO at revisionist history.... real revisionist history is that Lebron CARRIED his teams to the finals post Cleveland... Dude had EASILY the best supporting cast of any player in the East his entire tenure from MIA on

Regardless of how they got there, Bron and KD, they still won.

And no it isnt easy even if you have a superteam. Miami lost their first finals, and the Dubs last their last, injured but still lost.

The Heatles situation is significantly more likely to happen (with 2 stars joining someone that is already on the team) than a Warriors situation where a dominant team can swap a rotation guy for a superstar.

We could have had the Heatles situation happen this summer with the Lakers, but star free agents do not want to play there.
Slightly different though. All three of those guys were free agents that same summer. Still a bit harder to pull that off. Agree that in principle adding 2 guys to an existing team is still feasible.

First day of practice today, Blue v White game on Friday

USA National Team members expected at the World Cup training camp include Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat); Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics); Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets), Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); and Thaddeus Young (Chicago Bulls)

The 14-man USA Basketball Select Team includes Jarrett Allen (Brooklyn Nets); Marvin Bagley III (Sacramento Kings); Mikal Bridges (Phoenix Suns); Jalen Brunson (Dallas Mavericks); John Collins(Atlanta Hawks); Pat Connaughton (Milwaukee Bucks); Craig; De’Aaron Fox (Sacramento Kings); Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets); Jonathan Isaac (Orlando Magic); Jaren Jackson Jr. (Memphis Grizzlies); Mitchell Robinson (New York Knicks); Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs); and Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom