**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy woke up on this beautiful Sunday morning absolutely furious over the ranking of two HOFers in the ~20ish range. :lol:

*****s said Westbrook made the triple double not as special. :smh:

The man is a hall of famer show some damn respect. Your point guard could never
We’re desensitized to it from him. Same with Harden scoring 30+. When they do something absurd is when our minds are blown ie 20-20-20 and 60+ triple dub

Seeing players like Embiid get a triple dub with 13 assists is impressive because he’s also a walking turnover. Jokic triple dubs are impressive since most bigs get em with blocks and not assists

Russ set the bar for himself. Impressive nonetheless but he has to be more ridiculous with it for us to even bat an eye

Wade and Dirk are about the same tier. Can’t really fault someone for having one over the other.

Agreed,got Wade above him due to his defense and overall style of play but I wouldn't be mad at anyone having Dirk ahead.

He still managed to put up all-time #'s and accolades with more longevity since he was able to stay healthy throughout his career. Both are first ballot HoFers and a few levels above Pierce imo

I mean Dirk has an NBA MVP and one of the all time great “one star” NBA Finals run.

Helped the stretch big become a real thing.

Wade is more exciting but Dirk may be better altogether.

It’s not as special because Russ does it all the time. That’s just some hatin **** imo sorry.

At the same time if y’all GOAT did it. That’s all that would be talked about.

I mean Dirk has an NBA MVP and one of the all time great “one star” NBA Finals run.

Helped the stretch big become a real thing.

Wade is more exciting but Dirk may be better altogether.
Run gets more & more romanticized the further removed we get from it. Him being the only “name” on the roster doesn’t really hold any weight when you consider how the team actually operated... on both ends.

He had a 6-19 game and a 9-27 game in the finals, 1-9 combined from deep..Dallas won both. 7-21 on the road against OKC, again didn’t matter. Three guys who will finish top 3-5 all time in scoring, Kobe Bryant mustered 23 ppg, Bron 18 ppg against them, Durant held in check after G1, Dirk had absolutely nothing to do with any parts of that.

People use the “one-star” thing to imply that he was carrying the team, otherwise there would be no need to even bring that up. But a guy with his skillset could never. Guys like Duncan, Hakeem, LeBron have led their team in points..... and rebounds assists blocks steals FG% etc anchoring the team on both ends en route to a title.

Then people talking about putting him in front of guys like Wade and Garnett, I just won’t ever understand that. Wouldn’t have even been a thought before 2011, and that just wasn’t enough to me for the aforementioned.

Steve Nash?
Half the dudes in here argued for years Nash was the worst MVP in history. :lol: Let alone back to back.

Let’s be real - Steve Nash wasn’t Steve Nash in Dallas. He left for Phoenix and hit some other level ****.

Luka right now is absolutely on par with the Nash that was in Dallas.

People in here really hating on The Truth? How soon people forget. Paul was really good man. He may be a cornball on TV and say some dumb stuff but cant take away what he did on the court. He was the goods

Run gets more & more romanticized the further removed we get from it. Him being the only “name” on the roster doesn’t really hold any weight when you consider how the team actually operated... on both ends.

He had a 6-19 game and a 9-27 game in the finals, 1-9 combined from deep..Dallas won both. 7-21 on the road against OKC, again didn’t matter. Three guys who will finish top 3-5 all time in scoring, Kobe Bryant mustered 23 ppg, Bron 18 ppg against them, Durant held in check after G1, Dirk had absolutely nothing to do with any parts of that.

People use the “one-star” thing to imply that he was carrying the team, otherwise there would be no need to even bring that up. But a guy with his skillset could never. Guys like Duncan, Hakeem, LeBron have led their team in points..... and rebounds assists blocks steals FG% etc anchoring the team on both ends en route to a title.

Then people talking about putting him in front of guys like Wade and Garnett, I just won’t ever understand that. Wouldn’t have even been a thought before 2011, and that just wasn’t enough to me for the aforementioned.

While he had bad shooting nights, he averaged 10 ppg in the 4th quarter throughout the playoffs. Jordan shot 41% in the finals against Seattle and 43% against the Jazz his last year. But all we remember are the big moments. Everyone’s finals runs get romanticized

And he was absolutely a better lead guy than KG. The numbers don’t lie and the win totals don’t either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom