**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post each of their stats over their last 25 games, because I swore Luka’s been just as good and he was way better than Trae to start the seasom :lol:

I come in peace. Am NOT saying he deserves ROY, but it's closer than what one may think.

According to stats from NBA.com, Young is producing some of the best numbers among rookies this season since December 23. Trae has played 29 games (5 more than Luka) and is second in scoring at 19 points per game. He is shooting better from the field than Doncic (43.1 percent to 42.5 percent) and is playing the sixth-most minutes of any rookie over that time (31.3 minutes per game).

Trae is tops in assists over that period over Doncic with 8.1 per game, sixth in steals (1.0 per game) and surprisingly 8th in rebounds with 3.9 per contest.

However, much of the hype surrounding Doncic revolves around his ability to hit extremely eye-popping, highlight-reel stepback three-pointers. Would it surprise you to learn that since December 23, Trae Young is shooting 37.9 percent from long range on 6 attempts per game. By comparison over that time, Luka is shooting 33.2 percent on 8 attempts per game.

Free throw shooting as well as foul drawing, which are two things that Doncic has excelled at all season, both go in favor of Trae over the past two months. Since December 23, Young is shooting 82.5 percent from the line on nearly 5 attempts a game. By contrast, Doncic is shooting 69 percent on 7.5 attempts per contest

According to BBall Index’s Luck Adjusted On/Off Ratings, Trae bests Doncic in the offensive On/Off rating by 2.5 (3.0 to 1.0). According to BBall Index’s Luck Adjusted On/Off Ratings, Trae bests Doncic in the offensive On/Off rating by 2.5 (3.0 to 1.0). That 3.5 offensive On/Off Rating of Trae’s is better than a cache of stars and superstars such as Karl-Anthony Towns, Marc Gasol, Nikola Jokic, Kemba Walker, Anthony Davis and Al Horford.

Another area where Doncic’s denizens and Trae’s detractors pipe up is on the topic of clutch shooting. However, according to Inpredictable, Young’s clutch shooting outpaces Doncic’s by a considerable margin: Trae’s effective field goal percentage in clutch situations is 57.5 percent while Luka’s is 42.7 percent.

Beyond that, Trae’s clutch shooting improves by nearly 8 percent in effective field goal percentage over his normal EFG. Doncic’s, by contrast, drops by that same margin from 50.6 effective field goal percentage to 42.7 in clutch situations.

Lastly, only Paul George has attempted more clutch free throws (23) than Ice Trae, who has 17 over the past two months. Impressively, Trae has yet to miss a clutch free throw over the past two months, as he has gone 17 of 17 from the stripe in clutch situations – something that only Kevin Durant can boast since December 23.

YALL gotta stop being disingenuous about this game manager thing. It was a discussion that P C H P C H and I were having with regards to what he has to do in order to NOT be a game manager. He had slowed down in the 3s he was taking at the time. We both came to the conclusion he needed to take (and make) SOME of the wild 3s.

You going to walk back the SGA comments?

You can’t come in here saying he’s gonna win ROY and then say you don’t mean it :lol: cmon man :lol:

Where did I say he was gonna win roy though? 8o

I mean I said "That's my ROY!" or whatever but that was obviously a joke lol

Lakers have been terrible but the missed goaltend and that 8 second violation could have made the end alot more interesting, the 8 second would have been a huge momentum swing.

Lebron airballs left and calls for a review

CA3E5CAE-F6F5-4078-811C-0D72379C67B9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom