**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yo best of luck on your recovery and surgery, if you elect to go that route. was playing pick up with my boy about a year ago and saw him tear his ACL going after a loose ball. he knew he tore it based on the "pop" he felt. crazy thing is, he just walked off the court on his own strength and was still able to drive back home.

I partially tore my ACL during a rec league game. A dude who probably outweighed me by 200 pounds collided with me and my knee went sideways. I ended up finishing the game because there was only a few minutes left (and it was the playoffs) but it was like I had no stability in the knee anymore when I moved laterally. Was really weird.

Since it was just a partial tear, Doc said it was my call on surgery. I elected just to do physical therapy and was able to the point I could play again ... only to blow out my Achilles 3 years later...SMH.

Anyway, best of luck to anyone dealing with that injury or has family going through it. Definitely can be overcome if you follow doctors orders and rehab right.

Yea man same with me, i was able walk it off afterwards and drove home. It really just felt like a sprain. The way it happened to me was went for a lefty layup and landed awkwardly on my left leg. i didnt hear any " pop " but.. my knee buckled so bad. I also have another tear on medial meniscus and sprained my MCL.

Can you get PRP injections to speed the healing process?

Demarcus Cousins doesn't look right at all.

He's literally hopping, bordering on limping as he tries to run into this PnR coverage.

He runs w/a terrible gait, now. Even more pronounced than it was pre achilles and has Even less lift that he had before.

I think he's still playing in pain.

I partially tore my ACL during a rec league game. A dude who probably outweighed me by 200 pounds collided with me and my knee went sideways. I ended up finishing the game because there was only a few minutes left (and it was the playoffs) but it was like I had no stability in the knee anymore when I moved laterally. Was really weird.
DAMN your weight +200, you playing pickup with Escalade or something man. Dude seriously playing the wrong sport.
file_39035_4_new_escalade.jpg

That's the job of the acl. To keep the knee stable.

Tore mine completely when I was 17. I'm 33 now.

In my 20s the knee was good. In my 30s I tweaked the knee playing basketball, and since then I have trouble moving quickly laterally. I can still run fast, but I can't stop on a dime on my right knee. I always have to make sure I slow down before I come to a stop,or if I must stop hard I'd stop with my left knee. My belief is that the the acl replacement is loose.

I stopped playing basketball. And I'm ok with it. I'm happy the acl replacement held up in my 20s.

Did he send them film or the D-3 coach came out and saw him play?

It was a school from the area that was scouting kids from his conference I think. He wasn't on anyone's radar or anything but he had size and skill and I think just stood out a few games. My best friend in hs got small offers and flown out to D2 schools but his dad recorded every game he played since his freshman year and made a tape of his bets stuff and sent it out. Texas called him back and said he was the goods but was too small to get any minutes there. Dude always struggled putting on muscle, skinny white kid about 6'1" but he had crazy bounce/hangtime. Ended up setting the intramural scoring record at Oregon State :lol

Did they play a lot of AAU ball or they got it off their HS career?

I’m trying to get my nephew some looks. He not D-1 caliber but I know he can play NAIA or D-2 or D-3

One little homie was at ok state. He dominated HS but he got his look on the circuit.

Another kid went through the juco ranks.

Last kid got offers off of high school games. He turned down offers to be a frat boy
:smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom