Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Porter is a tough match for anybody at 147 when he fights like that. Same thing he did to Thurman. I wouldn’t be surprised if he could pull Bud into a dogfight too. Shame dude keeps coming up short in these close fights.

Having said that, Errol is definitely beatable.

Looking forward to him fighting DSG. Danny doesn’t move back and neither does Errol. Both got chins and both got power. Errol has the edge, but that’s gonna be a good one.

PBC milking the merry go round of average fighters they have to never make sure the Crawford Spence fight never happens

Everyone looking for something different in the fight. 115-112 judge obviously liked Porters nonstop aggression. and two judges thought Spence was clean. This is the reality of a judged, subjective sport. I feel for Porter, but he wasn't robbed.

No PBC fights til November??? Btw, is Showtime no longer showing boxing? Is PBC Fox/FS1 exclusive now?

Ppl thinking Porter was robbed is hilarious. Close fight, but non stop pressure isn’t the only thing that wins fights. He got outlanded in the championship rounds and dropped. That was the difference. Great fight though. If anything, this makes both fighters scarier b/c these dudes have granite chins. I don’t see how this makes Spence beatable but it seems like dudes been wanting Spence to lose for a minute anyway :lol:

Is it fair to say these past two performances by Spence have been letdowns? Goes 12 with Mikey, and lets Porter drag him into a dogfight.

Bud should probably be a decent favorite in that fight.

Is it fair to say these past two performances by Spence have been letdowns? Goes 12 with Mikey, and lets Porter drag him into a dogfight.

Bud should probably be a decent favorite in that fight.

A letdown by what standards? He beat Mikey every round & it wasn't close. Porter showed a ton of heart and grit and he still won. My thing is, what makes Crawford the favorite at 147? B/c he fought Horn? Khan?... What he did at 140 was amazing, but idk if he takes those type of hits from Spence or Porter the way they did. Styles make fights

Most people are upset with the wide scores not that Porter lost the knockdown changed the fight but no way u can say Spence was a clear 5 points clear just like no way was Porter 3 points clear.

Dan Rafeal had it 115-112 Spence thats the absolute widest this should have been

You rob a guy of his hard work not the decision the 116-111 cards sound like Porter was clearly dominated and anybody who watched this knows thats a lie.

Most people are upset with the wide scores not that Porter lost the knockdiwn c hff anged the fight but no way u can say Soence was a clear 5 points clear just like no way was Porter 3 points clear.

Dan Rafeal had it 115-112 Spence thats the absolute widest this should have been

You rob a guy of his hard work not the decision the 116-111 cards sound like Porter was clearly dominated and anybody who watched this knows thats a lie.

1 judge had Porter winning though. Nobody had a problem w/ that & that’s fine. But that robbery word is too loosely used :lol:

U didnt quote but I clearly said the scores were to wide on all 3 cards and theres no way Porter was 3 rounds up

Thats what bothers me 3 wrongs and these are professional judges shouldnt be that different.

Neither guy dominated the other Spence pulled away at the end but none of the scorecards reflect that.

Gotta go the other way with that. Spence showed his conditioning is A1 and he beat the best version of Porter. And even though Porter can’t really punch like that, Spence ate everything he threw for what it’s worth.

BS with Mikey aside (he claims he wasn’t trying to stop him), I think this match showed Crawford is gonna be in for a real rough night if he can’t make Errol respect his power and basically stick and move all night. Don’t forget Errol goes hard to the body and Bud is the smaller man.

I think Bud is the more skilled boxer but Errol might be able to just bully and outwork him.

Back
Top Bottom