Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What? Lol AJ just lost to a dude that changes my oil and u wanna bring up level of competition?

Wilder would have AJ snoring idk if u realize it but AJ chin is fufu....
Pacquiao lost before the mayweather fight too

And the fight was good

Idk man, yeah that was truly an L for aj but the wilder vs aj fight will still be good if it happens imo

Idk what the **** aj was doing in the ring last night man

Pacquiao lost before the mayweather fight too

And the fight was good

Idk man, yeah that was truly an L for aj but the wilder vs aj fight will still be good if it happens imo

Idk what the **** aj was doing in the ring last night man
AJ vs Wilder May never happen now
Wilder ain’t the youngest guy

I don’t think it was fixed or he quit, I’m telling you that shot he took to his ear. Rocked him and he never recovered. I thought they might call it cause he was still stumbling after that.

Oh, BTW....

Anybody else sick of seeing Sam Watson (Haymon’s right hand) in the background all the damn time? :lol:

Funny I just met him a week ago. My boys took pics with him, I said nah I’m good. I like him, his sons annoy me.

Wilder is 33, that's not old for HW at all
It is when he’s going to start fighting 1x a year soon, and he’s already got his next 2 fights lined up

There is absolutely no reason to fight AJ now
with Ortiz and Fury 2 and more than likely 3 on the horizon in addition to ain’t no telling how long it will take AJ to fight again...

Boxing experts please help me out. I watch those HBO shows leading up to a fight and see dudes like mayweather who eat ridiculously clean and train like crazy. How has Ruiz’s team not made sure he sheds 20-30 pounds. Or would he just be as effective if he weren’t fat?

Serious question. I would think he’d be a much better boxer if he weren’t fat. But I know next to nothing about boxing.

Boxing experts please help me out. I watch those HBO shows leading up to a fight and see dudes like mayweather who eat ridiculously clean and train like crazy. How has Ruiz’s team not made sure he sheds 20-30 pounds. Or would he just be as effective if he weren’t fat?

Serious question. I would think he’d be a much better boxer if he weren’t fat. But I know next to nothing about boxing.

Having the extra weight helps when your a shorter guy like Andy from getting out muscled in the inside at HW, but part of it is genetics and part of it is Andy has a reputation of being kind of lazy. After the Parker fight, he basically stopped showing up to the gym for a whole year.

Even if he does get in better shape Andy is never going to be shredded. His mom looks just like him, but in a blonde wig.

The odds weren't that wide but this is pretty similar to Tyson-Douglas in the sense that like Douglas, Andy was a classic underachiever who put it all together in one night.

Ehhh you get clipped you get clipped.

His equilibrium was off. He had enough of his bearings to spit out his mouthpiece to buy more time but couldn’t get his legs under him.

Gotta have the discipline to know what and when you should eat. Chris Arreola once said in a post fight interview that he trains hard but when 9:00pm comes around he gets hungry and he has to have a big serving of menudo. I guess I can’t blame him, have y’all tried that before? It’s hella good

Everyone's body is different. Some can get away with junk food. For heavyweights there is no weight limit, so there isn't as much of an incentive to maintain a certain weight. Sometimes draining weight, can have side effects like reduced punch resistance.

Reactions: HIM
D8ByMavXUAA9pJk.jpg

D8ByMSyWsAAT814.jpg

To keep it real, if Ruiz can get inside on Wilder without getting hit by that right hand, he's chopping Wilder down as well. Fury is the only HW that can outbox Ruiz or Usyk when he gets comfortable at HW

Back
Top Bottom