OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair this coach seems to actually care about the kids though. You can tell by the way he and Carlos Thompson interact that there’s genuine love there.

I'm not so sure it was just how Netflix filmed him. JUCO for sure is a different realm and it's the first time a lot of these kids have failed and now don't get anything handed to them. Two things make me think he's not as bad as it looked is how every player said he was real with them while getting recruited. Except for Malik and Kingston Davis, everyone else handled it and carried on just fine in the end. They knew who he was and thats why they went there (there were also a handful of other eventual D1 signees we didn't even see and hear from). This is also evidenced by how he was in communication with some of these players parents/former coaches and how they agreed with his hard *** approach...A lot of these kids need it, even though it looks rough to watch at first. Kids can run amok at a JUCO so quick, I can understand why you need to be a hard ***.

I do think he's a little OD, buy if that's who he is then that's that.

Edit: I also noticed how they repeated scenes while filming. A lot of the times it was the same clip of a player moping, but in two different instances. Sketchy, bros.

To be fair this coach seems to actually care about the kids though. You can tell by the way he and Carlos Thompson interact that there’s genuine love there.
He definitely cares. He's a terrible coach though. :lol: Mostly seems like they were out talenting teams. There's not one clip in the entire season where he's actually teaching them anything football wise. The team was super undisciplined too.

i'm only two episodes in so far but yeah...excited to see how it all shakes out. feel like he definitely gets where these dudes are coming from but at the same time it's just like chaos...practice, games, pregame :lol:

I don't doubt it. I'm just talking from purely coaching standpoint, I haven't seen this guy do anything.
They seem to be winning off talent alone. Team has no structure. But like Paul said, it could be the way Netflix is framing it.

I'm not so sure it was just how Netflix filmed him. JUCO for sure is a different realm and it's the first time a lot of these kids have failed and now don't get anything handed to them. Two things make me think he's not as bad as it looked is how every player said he was real with them while getting recruited. Except for Malik and Kingston Davis, everyone else handled it and carried on just fine in the end. They knew who he was and thats why they went there (there were also a handful of other eventual D1 signees we didn't even see and hear from). This is also evidenced by how he was in communication with some of these players parents/former coaches and how they agreed with his hard *** approach...A lot of these kids need it, even though it looks rough to watch at first. Kids can run amok at a JUCO so quick, I can understand why you need to be a hard ***.

I do think he's a little OD, buy if that's who he is then that's that.

Edit: I also noticed how they repeated scenes while filming. A lot of the times it was the same clip of a player moping, but in two different instances. Sketchy, bros.

Yeah I noticed the repeated clips of moping and some of the extended yelling during practice was clearly from different days cut together.

I’m an episode and a half in and I feel like I get where Malik’s coming from... ‍♂️

After watching all last chance U Malik has some serious daddy issues. His dad came back into his life just cause he was a top qb recruit. I dont think he even likes football he just does it for his father's acceptance. That scene where hes eating with his dad and the trainer is weird, the look on his face when his dad is joking about how slow he is makes me sad. He was talking back to everyone including his coaches but when his dad is around he just looks down at the floor.

It's becoming more of a 4-1-6 nowadays. Even a lot of the odd fronts are basically playing with 6 defensive backs as well.

#CFBtwitter is going to clown Jeff Long if he hires a "pro-style" guy but it's not the worst idea in that conference. A power running game that uses a bunch of 22, 21, 12, personnel groupings could take advantage of smaller defenses, and help their own defense out by sitting on the ball and keeping them off the field.

After watching all last chance U Malik has some serious daddy issues. His dad came back into his life just cause he was a top qb recruit. I dont think he even likes football he just does it for his father's acceptance. That scene where hes eating with his dad and the trainer is weird, the look on his face when his dad is joking about how slow he is makes me sad. He was talking back to everyone including his coaches but when his dad is around he just looks down at the floor.
Naw i just think its everybody telling him hes the next big thing. After he realized he aint **** he couldnt take it. One thing i agree with coach is you cant kiss these kids *** you gotta tuff love their ***. Imo

can't imagine living in a town or going to college in a town where that ginger trainer is the cutest girl in town :rofl:

I was just thinking to myself she seems like this season’s Ms. Wagner with how she interacts with the kids and they seem to feel comfortable around her

I wonder how much the average net income of Homestead, Florida is going to change after Tyrique Stevenson ends up in Tuscaloosa or Athens

Back
Top Bottom